Preview Rd 14. SUNS vs Hawks @ Aurora Staduim

Remove this Banner Ad

3 tall forwards who are looking dangerous yet we piss fart around with it and butcher it forward time and time again.
Davis torched Lynch, then nearly has an air shot later. I know witches hats that read the game better and have more impact than Shaw. There is the making of a good team, but 6-7 who played today can't be part of it.

Not sure what thread to put this in:
I'm going to Gold Coast this weekend and noticed Saints are playing at Metricon. This will be the first time I go to Metricon. Will I be able to buy tickets at the gate? Price Range of tickets ? Best place to sit? Food recommendation? How to get to stadium. I'm staying at the Hilton? Thanks for answering!
Yes can generally buy tickets at the gate, but best to get on Ticketmaster earlier, save line ups etc, and if you have a match day tickets it's free public transport, catch the tram to broadbeach south, then a shuttle from there. I've sat it the Ga section and found good spots. Best spot would be considered on the wing though.

Nicholls needs to go back to the magoos.

Malceski just isn't worth the coin we're paying him. Not even close. He's just lucky he's still Top 22, but by gawd, he's playing like a fringe player.

Ablett is a champion. He's making a resurgence.

Hawthorn didn't murder us as much as I feared, and I have to begrudgingly be happy about that. We didn't embarrass ourselves against the team currently on top of the ladder, so that's a plus.

Few mistakes made today but there were a few who made up for them... Sexton and Harbrow, I reckon they're best 22... Hallahan needs a couple of games under his belt.. Miller needs a good run in the twos, Ahchee is a much better athlete with better skills... Grant and Shaw are not wet trackers and if your not wet trackers piss off and play basketball... Thompson's numbers look bad but he played well, he was pro active at the contest today.. I thought he responded to Rocket's bake well... be interesting to see if Rocket perseveres with Joyce, he looks like he is going to be a keeper.. We missed a couple early in the second half...Day hit the post and Lynch missed one in front..I knew it was over then... but it was a great effort today... anyone like an honourable loss? Haha I know! But fu*k it, it was just good to be in the contest for 70 minutes... oh and Ablett... Dont ever ever write off a champion... I remember writing off Glenn Mcgrath about 3 years too early... I vowed never to make that mistake again... Jarrod Grant on the other hand, it's time to give it away Spindlesticks..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hearing and reading people say we had a strong side in today? I still count about 8 of our best 22 out - Saad, KK, Currie, Lonergan, Martin, Swallow, O'Meara and Ah Chee.

To replace Nicholls, Davis, Malceski, Joyce, Grant, Matera, Shaw, Hallahan or Miller etc.

Exactly. Without Saad, O'Meara and Swallow at the very least, we are not a side anywhere near full strength. The others you mention are required as well but, to be without the three I mentioned, is devastating.

It's important to note we are also still without Dixon and Bennell as we haven't used the picks we got for them just yet

does anyone else think we are better with Hallahan in our side, he seems to be the only one in our team coming up from the bottom of the packs at stoppages and shows some mongrel and grunt, I think he is a very necessary player for us, lets face it we dont have any real tough bastards in the mids
Heard an interesting stat on Gaz yesterday he is something like rated 4th in the game for avergae tackles this year interesting while he has not had a typical Gaz year he has been quietly getting his hands dirty
I think he is going to be running on top of the ground for the back half of the year

does anyone else think we are better with Hallahan in our side, he seems to be the only one in our team coming up from the bottom of the packs at stoppages and shows some mongrel and grunt, I think he is a very necessary player for us, lets face it we dont have any real tough bastards in the mids
Heard an interesting stat on Gaz yesterday he is something like rated 4th in the game for avergae tackles this year interesting while he has not had a typical Gaz year he has been quietly getting his hands dirty
I think he is going to be running on top of the ground for the back half of the year

Hard to say if we are much better because Hallahan has always been bloody injured! But he was definitley leading the way with his grunt work yesterday which allows Ablett more outside ball where he is at his best as he showed yesterday. Is he better than having Lonergan in our side though? Can the 2 co-exist with Ablett, Hall, Prestia, Rischa, Rosa, not to mention Swallow and Jaeger? I dont know but I assume we will see when Lonergan comes back in.

Jesse has definitely got more upside than Wolfman but I like them both
I'd have a team of down and dirties over outside receivers at the moment
Bake the cake THEN add the icing and decorations

I agree. Would rather have too many. The Bulldogs built their current list by overstocking on inside players and seeing which ones came good.

Can feel that we are so close to it all coming together but still some players that should not be playing. Davis, Grant and Shaw just killed us. Sexton was ok but all he ever does is bomb long, never lowers the eyes.
Good to see Ablett back to good best. Lynch is a star and 2MP is looking the goods. Thought Thompson was decent even without a kick.
Dwayne Russell needs to stop calling us "The gold coast"

Hard to say if we are much better because Hallahan has always been bloody injured! But he was definitley leading the way with his grunt work yesterday which allows Ablett more outside ball where he is at his best as he showed yesterday. Is he better than having Lonergan in our side though? Can the 2 co-exist with Ablett, Hall, Prestia, Rischa, Rosa, not to mention Swallow and Jaeger? I dont know but I assume we will see when Lonergan comes back in.

They can both co-exist with Aaron Hall - I don't think you will be seeing him diving over Hallahan and Lonergan to get the hard ball anytime soon.

When you have inside/outside players like Ablett and Prestia (and at some point Swallow, Fiorini, and Jaeger), then having inside players like Lonergan and Hallahan is not an issue.

Just kicks the better players outside more often. Gaz is so much better for us receiving in space since he is usually an effective kicker. He has to go win the ball too often for my liking.

Gaz is the best polisher (one who adds polish) in the side so we want him getting the ball outside. The lack of polish at key times cruelled us yesterday. Some of the kicks forward were abysmal. Would have been better for those kicks to bounce out of bounds and give away a free kick for deliberate. At least we would have a chance to set up in defense instead of giving away a fast turnover.

Lonergan and Hallahan in the same team would be an issue for our run though. Both give it everything but do not cover the ground very well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back