Autopsy Rd 15 Inspired Blues win a thriller

Who played well for the Blues in Round 15 vs the Crows

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cant be too high with the win and can’t be too low with a loss but I will say one thing that may seem outlandish. De Koning will be at one point the best ruckman in the game, he has great hands at ground level for a guy his size and matched O Brien in hit outs who has 5 years on him and I rate him highly. Gonna be a star
Correctamundo … the kid just has it you can tell …

Nice one Blues - it's as unlikely as Taylor Walker making it as a public speaker, but this win keeps Adelaide's back to back spoon hopes alive!!!

One of lifes little pleasures is seeing the joy that the suffering of The Camry's brings to Port fans. :thumbsu:

Crippa might as well just run 100m without a bounce, the umps clearly don't penalize him for it :sweatsmile:

Run too far? You get pinged

Run too far and kick a goal? As you were.

Been a thing for as long as I remember. And while it is totally against the rules, I kinda like it.

He kicked a similar one against *

you could see Merrett remonstrating with the umps as he was chasing him the whole time

i feel like everyone just stops and gets mesmerised when Crippa does that, including the umps
The one against Essendon he kicked the footy on the 14th step and Merrett was whinging after about 5.

That one was fine, if Merrett had chased properly instead of sooking he probably would've caught him.

Run too far? You get pinged

Run too far and kick a goal? As you were.

Been a thing for as long as I remember. And while it is totally against the rules, I kinda like it.
Speccies break just about every rule in the book, but no worries so long as you touch the ball.

Sometimes sport needs some dramatic leeway.

The one against Essendon he kicked the footy on the 14th step and Merrett was whinging after about 5.

That one was fine, if Merrett had chased properly instead of sooking he probably would've caught him.

Hahahaha - I said the exact same thing to my son about Merret as we were watching it :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I think I am a different cat… going into the game I was ready for heartbreak again and didn’t think we would pull it off.

first 15-20mins pretty much solidified it in my brain. Then comes the second quarter and all I could do was laugh.

the rest of the game I was just hoping we could hold on as it appeared to me we spent a lot of petrol on our surge.

We won!! I was and still am stoked. I don’t get the negativity of the ‘we should have won by more’ or ‘it wasn’t convincing’

We needed a win and we won. Exciting!

Interesting times when a win isn’t enough for a team that is under preforming.

Well done Blues!

Played for 5 minutes last week and lost by 30. Played for 1 quarter this week and won by 10 points. The team needs to find a way to do what we do well for longer, but it doesn't have to be all in 1 block of time per game. We need to do it pockets of time throughout the game. Right now we seem to only find periods where we can put on score and I think there's a bit of lack of maturity thinking we need to go on some sort of hero run to win the game. We need to know when to go and then when to control. You can't go a million miles an hour all game. We did show some maturity this week but still could have very easily lost that game. Glad for the win and relieves some pressure but want to see more maturity over 4 quarters where we can play sustained, controlled football but find periods of 5 minutes per quarter where we get a run on.

Speccies break just about every rule in the book, but no worries so long as you touch the ball.

Sometimes sport needs some dramatic leeway.

Do you suffer from hands in your opponent's back?
Do your knees hurt from smacking into his head?
Are you sick of having to pushing off from your opponents shoulders (aka high contact)?

If you suffer from any of these symptoms, you should try SpeccyMarkGuardTM

Studies show taking SpeccyMarkGuardTM immediately prior to contact may prevent unpleasant freekickitis.

If symptoms persist, please consult your umpire.
If consumed within 2 hours of LeighFisher, effectiveness may be reduced.

May not be suitable for players wearing Navy Blue.

WARNING: Do not consume in conjunction with other products containing the active ingredient (blindumpsystemsrortedilin) such as DustyBuddyDangerMummyImmunoshield or Whatelegregiousarant

Last edited:
Really disagree with people saying we only played for one quarter. The first qtr was 50/50 and Adelaide got their lead through some trash umpiring. The third qtr was theirs, but we owned the final qtr and it was only bad kicking for goal that kept it close.

Really disagree with people saying we only played for one quarter. The first qtr was 50/50 and Adelaide got their lead through some trash umpiring. The third qtr was theirs, but we owned the final qtr and it was only bad kicking for goal that kept it close.
Bad goalkicking kept us in the game to begin with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly have quality delivery to targets and should be able to find the goals. Like Owies, SPS, Martin, Betts combo. Fisher too.
yeah and it solves the "fumbling on the backline" problem, and having far too many attacking HBF's, and it would be a different look for us, and give a co-captain a real purpose.

Bad goalkicking kept us in the game to begin with

I see what you are saying and to an extent I get it… but now we go into hypothetical land.

We can then just as easily go with what if they kick a goal instead of a point? Which then means the ball is in the middle and not at FB for us… Then if we win the clearance it could go down and we score a goal and all of a sudden it is a different game.

This is what makes footy interesting each moment can change the outcome of a game for the good or detriment of the team.

the missed a few (which may have killed us) and Saad gives us a massive momentum change and all of a sudden the second quarter happens

then come the last we miss a few and leave the door open till Saad slams it with a huge chase down tackle.

rather than saying this is the only reason why we weren’t blown outta the water, I view it as opportunities to learn and grow and be inspired to bust a gut.

I hope both those moments are really drilled into our players this week.

‘This is what can happen we you give it your all’

rather than focusing on what we can’t control - ie ade missing shots early.

Focus on what you can control effort. time for some more players to show that sort of effort more. A few do it week in week out but needs to be a team thing week in week out.

Just watching the game again. Dow’s reaction when he kicks that goal is priceless. The look on his face was almost “Wow, I can actually do this and do this well”.

We all know how much he needs his belief and confidence to be a good footballer. This performance was well needed and here’s hoping he can kick on. Would sure help us a lot.

Back