MVP Rd 2 - Votes vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Mullet missing targets is more about confidence/composure/experience than it is about any technique issues.

He nailed several 60+ metre passes out of defence today, and another beautiful long goal.

This 3 towers stuff is starting to give me the shits.

I agree with this. For several years we persisted with the belief that we could stretch the opposition with 2 ruckmen; now we have finally moved on from that and are now trying to stetch the opposition with 3 towers. I would like to see us try replacing one tower with Black and instructing him to provide a leading target at all times. That might be more helpful in a tight last quarter than long bombs to stationary or double teamed towers

3, swallow

2, thomas

1, goldstein

re. mullets kicking in, if we worked a bit/lot harder to provide him options with a, space, or b, on the move instead of basically static and manned up on most occasions his confidence will grow, i have seen glimpses of his ability that i like, :thumbsu:

3 Swallow dominated the game until he injured his leg in 3rd quarter. Still did well in 2nd half even though couldn't move as well.
2 Thomas was very good early on in the dry conditions. Looks very lively.
1 Bastinac worked hard to make position to play our shorter gameplan and did it well.

Could have easily given the 1 vote to Thompson or Grima who were both huge today.

3 - Swallow
2 - Thomas
1 - Goldstein

Bastinac, Mullett and a few others unlucky.

3. LT
2. Spitta
1. Basti

Honourable mention to the back six who stood up pretty well considering that it was literally raining inside 50s all day.

EDIT - Cats had only seven less inside 50s than the Bombers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 Thomas
2 Swallow
1 McMahon

The last one is just a whim - have no stats at hand but loved having Loose back, he had some ripper spoils and I was beside myself when he tackled TWO Geelong players at once up our end of the ground and won the free. It's nice after last week having a good team effort and much more trouble picking the best three.

3. LT
2. Spitta
1. Goldy

Mullett can kick. Don't worry about that.

It's his lack of strength over the ball which has me very ******* worried.
Did he actually lose a one on one against the Cats?

My votes:

3 Thomas
2. Swallow
1. Grima

3. Bastinac
2. Swallow
1. Thomas

Bastinac was super in the first half. I thought he was in the top three at the ground. But on replay I thought he was consistently solid for four quarters and his inside game was back in spades. His work-rate and push into defence was as good as it was at times last season. 7 tackles also a plus.

HM: Narni had a great first half.

3. Thomas
2. Grima
1. Firrito

Played OK - Swallow, Thompson, Goldstein, Bastinac, Petrie, Wells, Ziebell, Mullett, Gibson, Atley, McMahon, Macmillan, Anthony
Need to improve - Jacobs, Harper, Tarrant, Hansen, Adams, Cunnington

Remove this Banner Ad

Back