Autopsy Rd 20 Blues never threatened in encouraging win

Who played well for the Blues in Rd 20 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win - pressure and tackling and straight kicking win it for us -- we lost every statistic imaginable but won the important one "scoreboard " --
Don't see the need to keep betts on list .
I can see Ed curnow being pushed out by end next year ..
hoping O'Brien can back this up for the last 3 weeks

I fear losing more players to injury. TDK pec muscle injury I going to assume.
Jack Silvagni looked sore hobbling into rooms after the game.
Corey Durdin to debut next week in the ruck is how we looking for ruck options.

Kick straight at goals, you win. Good to see.
It was a game of 13th and 12th on ladder playing to decide who at moment, is getting out of bottom six on ladder.
Least it was a step in right direction to see Honey and O'Brien playing out there and Charlie Curnow another four quarters on field to get a feel for footy games again. I literally think we are almost down to picking a 22 on bodies available on list now. No way are any of Silvagni, TDK, Murphy and Cripps close to 100%. Least Harry got up and played tonight as would have been a shambles to have Charlie have to be the only key forward out there still just building any match fitness and feel after over 18 months on sidelines. Walsh a bit more on wing was good to see as allowed more of Kennedy and Dow in centre square and finally Ed Curnow seems out of there most of time so can finally properly develop Dow in centre square where he should be.
O'Brien has to play out season in side and same with Honey.

If TDK and Silvagni do not play next week Liam Jones going to have to ruck and whatever state Mitch McGovern is in, he just going to have to put his hand up to play down back so we can use Jones in the ruck.

Until that last 10 minutes, Murphy had been on the pine for almost 40% of the time he was active in the match.

Newnes had defensive work to do this week, and he cocked up so much of it. That said, can't fault him on covering ground or trying to contribute.
Literally the bare minimum expectations for a D4 ressies player once they've rocked up to the ground, still drunk from the night before or not.

Would like to see Ramsey and Carroll get a run, think they may take conservative approach with Kemp.
Owies needs a rest been battling last couple of weeks had a good block of games to show what he can bring.

I have loved Murphy over the years been a warrior but looks cooked, Blues are carrying him to 300.
Does he start in number 300? Would be a big call with slim finals chance.
be nuts to carry him this far only to leave him stranded like a cormorant on an aggregate...........

I fear losing more players to injury. TDK pec muscle injury I going to assume.
Jack Silvagni looked sore hobbling into rooms after the game.
Corey Durdin to debut next week in the ruck is how we looking for ruck options.

Kick straight at goals, you win. Good to see.
It was a game of 13th and 12th on ladder playing to decide who at moment, is getting out of bottom six on ladder.
Least it was a step in right direction to see Honey and O'Brien playing out there and Charlie Curnow another four quarters on field to get a feel for footy games again. I literally think we are almost down to picking a 22 on bodies available on list now. No way are any of Silvagni, TDK, Murphy and Cripps close to 100%. Least Harry got up and played tonight as would have been a shambles to have Charlie have to be the only key forward out there still just building any match fitness and feel after over 18 months on sidelines. Walsh a bit more on wing was good to see as allowed more of Kennedy and Dow in centre square and finally Ed Curnow seems out of there most of time so can finally properly develop Dow in centre square where he should be.
O'Brien has to play out season in side and same with Honey.

If TDK and Silvagni do not play next week Liam Jones going to have to ruck and whatever state Mitch McGovern is in, he just going to have to put his hand up to play down back so we can use Jones in the ruck.
Bit of fear and If's there footy fan. Would be really happy if we just develop from here and give a few a run

View attachment 1191768

What a great way to bounce back from last week's abomination.

Now let us never speak of the North match again.
was possibly around 15 years ago when we lost to norf in the last game of the year by about 25 goals - forget your weekend, that ****ed my entire summer!

edit round 22 2003

Last edited:
Lots of people saying LOB, Dow, Honey etc should have been playing all year.

Perhaps their time out of the seniors has helped them to perform as they did?
just never crossed my mind at all, matthew.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ive seen Owies cop a bit the last few weeks but I think he's performing his job as a pressure forward. Saw him harassing and tackling all game tonight despite not getting involved much score wise...but that can happen to players in that role.

Never question his attack and intensity, but there were a couple of moments where he could have had more impact, such as dishing to Honey, rather than swinging on his right

Wouldn't be concerned if he stays in the side, but he is struggling of late

The Boogeyman checks under his bed for Liam Stocker.

Lots of people saying LOB, Dow, Honey etc should have been playing all year.

Perhaps their time out of the seniors has helped them to perform as they did?
Perhaps, too many perhaps has led to an internal review, and perhaps that review MAY lead to a conclusion that we are continually perhapsual and that it would be beneficial to be actual rather than perhapsanutual.

Apparently the Candyman is too scared to stand in front of a mirror and say Liam Stocker's name five times...
It is a frightening though. You try it..................................................................................................................................................................naked

Bit of fear and If's there footy fan. Would be really happy if we just develop from here and give a few a run
Fear has been drummed into me via how we had been picking our structure and midfield for last couple of years.
Ironically , after so many out with injuries , this was most balanced side we put on field in terms of structure apart from ruck, which more by bad luck with injuries to rucks.
I going to keep fearing what going to happen in ruck until we get someone tall enough there to fill in for next bit of time.
Jones is tallest option fit to go there if TDK out again.
Fingers crossed TDK not seriously injured and can play next week.

Na seems in the right shape. Maybe shoulders more than arms but hard to do with dodgy shoulders. Arms are overated. Give me core and shoulder strength over biceps.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Traps, deltoids, and triceps along with your core and lower abs. Great for wrestling your opponent out of the way when you're both fighting for front spot.

Back