Autopsy Rd 22 The Teague Train Refuses To Derail - Blues by 10

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9 footy show had footage of Oliver whingeing about not being given the ball after it had been passed to his team mate in a better position and not long after blazing away and missing everything on when he had teammates in better positions.

Symptomatic of where Melbourne are and at times where we have been.

Yeah that's what happens wen you expect to be a top 4 side and you end up bottom 2. Begin to eat your own. All clubs go through it and a lot of players do it, just not as extreme as Oliver on the weekend. I saw Walsh give a team-mate (cant remember who) a bake against the crows because he didn't kick it to him

Haven't watched the game (clearly stoked we won) but by all accounts Daisy should play on. There is a trough there without him (we can't rely upon Docherty to come good) and once Simpson retired that really drops off. I understand sign him up on a 1 year deal and then ease Williamson in, but I feel pulling him off that back flank role completely leaves us exposed (should Docherty not come good). And Made Simpsons a year from done so we need 2... Unless Jack Martin is 100% on... I guess it's back to in SOS we trust... But is he sticking around?

Late to the forum. I was so worried about this game when I heard about Weiters out.
I'm thinking no Weiters, Jones & Marchbank (+Docherty). Will the defence hold up?
Wow wow wow. That was one of the most joyous Saturday afternoons of the year. Talk about Big dipper rides.
I'm not going to mention any negatives, because I'm so thrilled with the win over Saints.
Great games from Newman, Murphy, Ed & Kade. The pressure that JSOS applies is fantastic.
21 marks between Levi & Harry, nooooooice. And how fit is McGov looking and the screamer he took.
And Kuezer, what can you say. In the last quarter, he just willed us to win. Everyone else did their job.
Thank you Blues for allowing us to celebrate this wonderful revival with the Teague train.
A win against Geelong, even though unlikely would be the cherry on top.
So good to read through all the positive posts, pity there will always be some sour pusses..
Well done Blues, 2020 here we come.

Watching jukebox Saturday night is about step 4 of the ageing process.

Next up is wearing an Australian tracky and hanging around shopping centres for hours on cold days.

Trust me I know these things!!
very quiet at central west, braybrook today.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Levi!

F7W6Ybgv

Robbo gets one right.
Hopefully they highlight it on 360
I love complaining about umpires as much as the next guy but that was at the final stoppage of the game and Cripps instigated contact with the 2 Saints players and is holding both their jumpers to neutralise their ability to win the clearance. While there were plenty of times Crippa deserved a free I don't think this was one. It looks a lot worse as a still rather than if one watches the video.

I love complaining about umpires as much as the next guy but that was at the final stoppage of the game and Cripps instigated contact with the 2 Saints players and is holding both their jumpers to neutralise their ability to win the clearance. While there were plenty of times Crippa deserved a free I don't think this was one. It looks a lot worse as a still rather than if one watches the video.

ssshhhh.

Maybe Paddy gets a free or two against the cats

ssshhhh.

Maybe Paddy gets a free or two against the cats
I think Patty is asking for a few too many frees at the moment and it is counting against him. Umpires seem to be ignoring players who throw their arms out looking for frees. JSOS's one on the weekend was a good example of this and I don't have a problem with this if they are consistent.

I think Patty is asking for a few too many frees at the moment and it is counting against him. Umpires seem to be ignoring players who throw their arms out looking for frees. JSOS's one on the weekend was a good example of this and I don't have a problem with this if they are consistent.

If it's a blatant free, it should be paid, whether the infringed player is asking fo it or not.

If it's a blatant free, it should be paid, whether the infringed player is asking fo it or not.
If it is blantant sure, but if you just let go of the ball like JSOS and get tackled and you have your arms out begging for a free I am happy to see the Umps let it go or in that case reward the guy playing the game.

Too many guys like Lynch or Reiwoldt feel the slightest pressure in the back stop running and fall over with arms out wide.

The reason that we don't have chants is that our game moves too quickly. Trust me I lived in England for five years and went to about 20 different grounds and the chants can be funny if they are only breaking down the boredom.

I went to Cambridge United v Scampaignerhorpe one day and it was 3 degrees and the first shot on goal was in the 72nd minute.

Oh and the other reason is that in our game they would be childish and stupid.
Scampaignerhorpe. Tee hee...

Back