Autopsy Rd 22 The Teague Train Refuses To Derail - Blues by 10

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t it be great if we did the soccer chants. I can hear the Carlton end singing
“He ain’t Harry, he’s my brother”.
Hollies Classic. It wouldn't be a bad tune to have going on while warming up before the bounce. A video with the boys going through recent pain, picking each other up and flying the flag, and laying some good hard tackles etc... followed by goal celebrations clips big marks and signing the song arm in arm after the game etc.

It would make the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Imagine 40k + blue baggers belting it out before the bounce

Cheers Robbo, it's on @7am tomorrow morning so I'll record that....but its more fun to watch it when you get home after a win.
Stuck with watching * now...or Norf :frowning:
Foxtel on demand... sports... Carlton beating the Aints... ******* awesome!

Just watched the game again. A couple of points:

- Casboult was ridiculously good, his 9 intercept marks the equal most of any player in the entire competition this year. Please give him another contract. That defensive mark at the death was seriously epic, couldn't be happier for Levi. He'll get the 10 coaches votes (20 disposals today a career high).

- McKay was also superb, despite his once again poor kicking in front of goal. That last snag on the run was SEXY. His marking and workrate around the ground is outstanding, may well prove to be a long-term CHF with Charlie playing deeper. He also had a quick run in the ruck about halfway through the last quarter and contributed very strongly.

- I thought we would need a huge game from Kreuzer to get us over the line today given how good Marshall has been this season, and the big man duly delivered. All heart and was at his best when the game was on the line.

- Marc Murphy was absolutely sensational. Used the ball very well all day and that checkside provided a real highlight, with the crowd roaring it home as soon as it left the boot. 27 touches at 85% DE.

- Jack Silvagni is actually a freakishly talented player (I called him a battler at the start of the season). So clean and instinctive below his knees or gathering loose balls on the lead, a fierce tackler and just generally an extremely smart player who brings those around him into the game. His improvement rate is quite staggering and he now has genuine star potential imo.

- So happy for Crippa, Daisy and Teague to get a win over this mob who have troubled us so much in recent years. I think it was important that we win one more game this year to both finish the season with purpose and to signal the start of the Teague era, stoked we could get the job done. Big chance of knocking off Geelong next week, too.

- I think possibly the best part about today, however, was the crowd. 51k seriously shocked me - two rounds to go against an opponent that's not traditionally a big draw and we get those kind of numbers? Amazing effort and it's only going to get bigger next year.
And just think... Jack wasn't supposed to be the best of the 3 boys either. Imagine what's going to happen when Ben gets started properly!

I’m watching Jukebox Saturday Night and Gerry Marsden is singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone”. 😢
Watching jukebox Saturday night is about step 4 of the ageing process.

Next up is wearing an Australian tracky and hanging around shopping centres for hours on cold days.

Trust me I know these things!!

I'd have left the ground after 30 seconds of that tripe..........
The reason that we don't have chants is that our game moves too quickly. Trust me I lived in England for five years and went to about 20 different grounds and the chants can be funny if they are only breaking down the boredom.

I went to Cambridge United v Scampaignerhorpe one day and it was 3 degrees and the first shot on goal was in the 72nd minute.

Oh and the other reason is that in our game they would be childish and stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you mate, we don't do nearly enough singing and chanting at the footy.

Spewing the Daisy chant didn't catch on more yesterday.

It doesn't have to be as camp as some of the soccer chants (I don't want 50k Blues fans singing Blue by Eiffel 65), but we can lift our game and show the rest of the AFL how it's done.

Sign me up for a packed stadium chanting "Cripps is gonna kill you"! Over and over before a big stoppage when the great man is on a tear and monstering the opposition midfielders.

"He clunks what he wants! He clunks what he waaaaaants! LEVI CASBOULT! He clunks what he wants"!

I'll show myself out...
Would love after a great win next year for the boys to stay on the field for post game singing of club song. At a packed G post thrashing of Cheats would do. :p

And just think... Jack wasn't supposed to be the best of the 3 boys either. Imagine what's going to happen when Ben gets started properly!
Can't beat footy smarts. :thumbsu:

I'm with you mate, we don't do nearly enough singing and chanting at the footy.

Spewing the Daisy chant didn't catch on more yesterday.

It doesn't have to be as camp as some of the soccer chants (I don't want 50k Blues fans singing Blue by Eiffel 65), but we can lift our game and show the rest of the AFL how it's done.

Sign me up for a packed stadium chanting "Cripps is gonna kill you"! Over and over before a big stoppage when the great man is on a tear and monstering the opposition midfielders.

"He clunks what he wants! He clunks what he waaaaaants! LEVI CASBOULT! He clunks what he wants"!

I'll show myself out...
I was sitting on level 1, near a reserved section full of Saints supporters. After a Saints goal a group of supporters stood up and sang a song to celebrate the player who kicked the goal.

It was giving me the shits in the first half.....thank * they only kicked 3 goals in the second half. 😀

I was sitting on level 1, near a reserved section full of Saints supporters. After a Saints goal a group of supporters stood up and sang a song to celebrate the player who kicked the goal.

It was giving me the s**ts in the first half.....thank fu** they only kicked 3 goals in the second half.
Haha that's the best thing about it, it gets on the opposition's nerves.

How was that big smile and raised arms cheer from Marc Murphy after Levi’s huge match sealing mark?

I love looking for things like that. You can tell a lot about a team's and individuals mindset by other celebrations for big moments. Some like murphy will enjoy something a teammate has done while others will be sulking they didn't get the ball etc. I mentioned in the daisy thread, I always loved his celebrations when someone else kicked the goal even though he may have been in a better position.

Even yesterday when watching the end of Rich v WCE, the replay or reiwoldts goal I watched Grimes 100m away on his own give a massive fist pump. Team-first players who ride the emotions of a game are worth their weight in gold.

I thought it was fantastic how Teague opened up on Cripps' illness situation after the game and basically said we were using him as a decoy so other guys could find the footy. It's fantastic that even in his 100th game Patty was happy to take a back seat and play a role. I assume by now most of us have seen the 2 St Kilda players holding both of Cripps' arms in a contest by now, that sort of thing means someone else is completely clear, he would know that. Just being on the field means he's getting that attention, regardless of how well he feels.

The last 2 weeks I think teams have been putting more time into Walsh. Not a hard tag but he's definitely getting more attention. Ridiculous for a first year player to have such an impact that opposition teams target him.

Too cute :tearsofjoy:

68519067_10217102776655925_7249134033701961728_n.jpg
Will be the photo they trot out when she plays AFLW?

I love looking for things like that. You can tell a lot about a team's and individuals mindset by other celebrations for big moments. Some like murphy will enjoy something a teammate has done while others will be sulking they didn't get the ball etc. I mentioned in the daisy thread, I always loved his celebrations when someone else kicked the goal even though he may have been in a better position.

Even yesterday when watching the end of Rich v WCE, the replay or reiwoldts goal I watched Grimes 100m away on his own give a massive fist pump. Team-first players who ride the emotions of a game are worth their weight in gold.
9 footy show had footage of Oliver whingeing about not being given the ball after it had been passed to his team mate in a better position and not long after blazing away and missing everything on when he had teammates in better positions.

Symptomatic of where Melbourne are and at times where we have been.

The reason that we don't have chants is that our game moves too quickly. Trust me I lived in England for five years and went to about 20 different grounds and the chants can be funny if they are only breaking down the boredom.

I went to Cambridge United v Scampaignerhorpe one day and it was 3 degrees and the first shot on goal was in the 72nd minute.

Oh and the other reason is that in our game they would be childish and stupid.
I love that auto correct changes Scampaignerhorpe. One of only three English football teams with a swear word in it.

Back