Autopsy Rd 23 Blues have a shocker. Bring on the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

What a ******* disgrace! Now we get the stories of how honourable the top ups are etc etc these brainwashed **** wits are lapping it up what a "brave" club. Should have been 2 years banned. Jobe must hand back his medal. But NO the CorruptAFL gets what they wanted the team that systematically cheated look Brave and still get the No 1 pick it's absolutely ******* sickening! :mad::thumbsdown::fire:
Shouldn't we focus on our shortcomings rather than lambast a Bombers outfit which weren't guilty of anything?

hi everyone im back after exile from my drunkeness last week. lol

i promise i wont denigrate liam jones this week....but....just jokes!

well our little comeback may have wasted the loss as bummers are still bottom & pick 1
up to brisvegas to totally capitulate to get it home

Nothing further to add on today's performance than what others have said...the result speaks for itself. What is amplifies however is our deficiencies, which supports the notion that we need to cut hard and embrace the draft. Over to you SOS and bring on 2017!

What has happened to the holding the man free kick?

And relayed free kicks for getting clattered after you kicked the ball.

And apparently, getting pushed into someone's legs is illegal, but diving into someone's legs is perfectly fine.

As I said in the game day thread. The fix was in. The AFL has suddenly realised that if Essendon had finished on the bottom of the ladder, any form of integrity that the AFL had left after their looking after Essendon* all the way through the supplements scandal, would have disappeared.

So... honestly... * the AFL... pack of cheating corrupt campaigners!

PS: Even my mum was wondering why Carlton weren't getting more free kicks... and she doesn't really follow the football any more!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did we bloody what?!

I'm fairly moderate, so it pains me to write this, but there is no silver lining for today. We dropped our heads, our colours, and our temperament to an opposition side of trash. That they were assisted in their efforts by the utterly PUTRID umpiring is no excuse for the complete breakdown of the systems, for the getting in each other's way, for the fumbling and the incredible lack of support received by everyone on the ground. There was not a shephard in sight, nor a punching fist at a marking contest, nor a block to give our forwards some space.

There was no standout in the team forward of the centre. There were pinpricks of light - Phillips showed he has a deft touch by foot, and a footballer's brain, and Cuningham had an excellent final term - but for the most part, today represents exactly where we are at as a club.
We are precisely this bad, and no amounts of effort, or composure, or talent by our best can obscure that fact.

That said - I think I'm actually calming down as I write this - Touhy had one of the most unassuming days today; kept running, kept fighting. Kruez played like the ruck/midfielder he could be if he got his act together more often. Watching Gibbs and Cripps today has shown that Gibbs, unlike ninety percent of the footy public, is no longer surprised when Cripps pinpoints a handpass to him with three blokes hanging on when he has no direct line of sight, and he just moved on. In the past, our mids are as shellshocked as the rest when Cripps did that; today, Gibbs just moved on. This will be valuable in the future. SOS has a natural ability to just loose his opponent, and to draw the ball; his ability to get it and dispose of it is not yet up to the standard, but he's still getting plenty of it, and today was an off day.

The ball bounced the other way, all day; we had the sit, then the bloody thing would bounce at right angles straight to an opposition player. They played well, better than I've seen them play this year, and they held every mark, nailed every kick. Hell, you know you're unlucky when ******* Daniher kicks 5.2.

But the positives that I've written are precisely zero consolation. We lost, to Essendon, in a season where they have 13 of their best off the field. That's it.

Nothing further to add on today's performance than what others have said...the result speaks for itself. What is amplifies however is our deficiencies, which supports the notion that we need to cut hard and embrace the draft. Over to you SOS and bring on 2017!
Today had nothing to do with deficiences as was the case with the brisbane game they didnt turn up to have a red hot go .

Seen calls for Kreuzer to be sacked again. Outperformed Phillips once more but only he was mentioned. Needs to hold his grabs, needs to kick his goals but at least he gets near the ball.

Seen calls for Kreuzer to be sacked again. Outperformed Phillips once more but only he was mentioned. Needs to hold his grabs, needs to kick his goals but at least he gets near the ball.
Kruz does enough to hold his place in the team. Just wish he played to influence the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back