Preview Rd 6 Geelong V Brisbane Sat April 20 720 pm @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lions are inconsistent. Full of big heads, front runners, i-am-ers. 1 city, 1 team. Never get dropped despite poor performances.

Rayner has played one good game in his career at Lions. (last week)
Hipwood has played 3 in his career.
Cameron is inconsistent in front of goal, and may not play anyway.
Daniher is an inconsistent glamour boy that pisses in his own bathwater.
Zorko is a little grub, his game is fading fast.
Fagan is clueless as a coach and is only complimented by the best list in the AFL (arguably)

They are very good when its time to look in the mirror. Last week they caught a glimpse of themselves and show-ponied up v the Dees. One would expect that in the spotlight at home they should again pull out a good game from their asses. BUT, they played well last week, and often thats enough for these front runners... they got no guts, they slack off. They got no bottom if it gets really hard. When they play well, they know it, and expect to get a rest late in games. If Geelong are there at the end, still putting it to em, Lions will fold like the skin on a cold custard. Same colour and all..
If we morphed you and Vdubs, we'd have the most balanced supporter of other teams

I’d say anything around 1.50 for the Lions is good shopping. They need to win. They are at home. And are back in form. Geelong are due a loss.

If you are looking at the fixture for 17 wins and a home final, this is not one I would mark as needing to win.

I’d say anything around 1.50 for the Lions is good shopping. They need to win. They are at home. And are back in form. Geelong are due a loss.

If you are looking at the fixture for 17 wins and a home final, this is not one I would mark as needing to win.
When you're the losing team you are more likely to get injuries so would like to think we haven't pencilled in any games to potentially lose.

When you're the losing team you are more likely to get injuries so would like to think we haven't pencilled in any games to potentially lose.

I’m not saying the club should go there expecting to lose. I am just saying as a fan, this is not a game I will be too concerned if we drop it, and I am not expecting to win.

I would see this as a big bonus to win it and have us ahead of the game in terms of securing top 4/top 2.

IN: Danger, Hawkins, Kolo
OUT: COS, Atkins, Clark
Sub: Touhy

Brissy midfield will put a lot of pressure on ours likely leading to rushed long kicks, so I reckon keep Neale in to keep their interceptors accountable and take some grabs himself.

Need our A team through the middle, which for me right now, based on form, experience and size is Danger, Bruhn, Parfitt, Bowes, Duncan, Blics as well as MOC to maybe run with L Neale. Clark just a bit inexperienced for this one, and Atkins not playing as well as Parf & Bowes right now. He can't keep up with Charlie either.

Jez, Miers and Dempsey roam pretty high up the ground too leaving Neale, Hawk, OH, Close and Stengle closer to goal.

If Charlie Cameron plays I'd almost bring back Bews as he's done the job before. CC would run rings around anyone else.

I would say we have 3 expected ins (Danger, Kolo, Hawkins) and 3 expected outs (Clark, O'Sullivan, Neale), no funny business this week.

It's a mistake to drop Neale for this Brisbane game as people are forgetting our biggest issue this year has been the lack of aerial contest in our forward line with both Hawkins and Cameron being very ordinary and I do see that as being a major issue against the Lions but also other top sides in future. Neale would go along way to solving that problem as he's NO LUMBERING BIG MAN but rather extra mobile and powerful for his size and with his excellent performance against the Roos over the weekend, the kid would have lots and lots of confidence going into game. Plus this then allows us to have Cameron roam more up the ground as per Roos game and freeing him up, which seems how he plays his best footy anyway as he can be very poor in body contest with his lighter and athletic frame.

That goal Neale got against Scott for the Roos was an awesome piece of play, highlighting his speed, strength and agility which is a huge bonus to compliment his big man contested footy attributes in which he also took a couple of excellent contested pack marks over weekend in which he is using his formidable body strength to hold his own in marking contests of which he has been poor in past but I dare say Hawkins has taught him well. This kid could be a real powerhouse in time with his part-time rucking also improving immensely this year and the one last point I'd like to make and that is we need to get AFL GAMES into this kid as he's got so much to offer us in the now and more importantly the future. GO CATS

(Danger, Kolo, Hawkins) and 3 expected outs (Clark, O'Sullivan, Touhy REST)

PS - There is 'no way' Touhy whose form has been very ordinary this year anyway, could be more valuable to us in this Lion's game in comparison to Neale, for me it's a no brainer. The only reason that I wouldn't bring Neale into side is if Hawkins and Cameron were to be more competitive in contested aerial contests in the forward line but I just don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Not sure people are aware but if we go Kolo, Hawk and Danger for O'Sullivan, Neale and Clark then we'll only have 2 players under 50 games in our 23.

Dempsey who looks unreal for a 12 gamer. And Sam De Koning playing game 49.

It's an incredibly experienced team with an unbelievably good bottom 6. We should expect to be competing anywhere against anyone with that team.

I'll be very happy if Parfitt keeps the intensity, tackling, and spread from previous games.

I'll also be very happy if he takes the first option instead of doing his useless dodging and weaving followed by a 30m lob wedge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

50 club games for Stengle and potentially goal 600 for Jezza this week

Congrats to Tyson. Hope there's another 150 at least to come.

600 goals would be a massive achievement for Jezza. Don't expect much in the way of recognition by the opposition fans though. He normally gets a preeetty frosty reception from the Gabba crowd and fair enough.

Fyi:

BRISBANE will be without Zac Bailey for the short-term after confirmation the dynamic forward has suffered a high ankle sprain.

Bailey tweaked his ankle in the Gather Round victory over North Melbourne, but fronted up and collected 23 disposals and kicked a goal in last Thursday's win over Melbourne at the MCG.

However, the 24-year-old reported ankle soreness following the season-shaping win and the club has confirmed the serious injury.

The Lions will seek further medical advice, but expect Bailey to miss between four and six weeks, ruling him out of matches against Geelong, Greater Western Sydney and Gold Coast in the foreseeable future.

I'll be very happy if Parfitt keeps the intensity, tackling, and spread from previous games.

I'll also be very happy if he takes the first option instead of doing his useless dodging and weaving followed by a 30m lob wedge
Parfitt's disposals have actually improved since he's added the side step and thinking through his disposals instead of blazing away without thought.

Fyi:

BRISBANE will be without Zac Bailey for the short-term after confirmation the dynamic forward has suffered a high ankle sprain.

Bailey tweaked his ankle in the Gather Round victory over North Melbourne, but fronted up and collected 23 disposals and kicked a goal in last Thursday's win over Melbourne at the MCG.

However, the 24-year-old reported ankle soreness following the season-shaping win and the club has confirmed the serious injury.

The Lions will seek further medical advice, but expect Bailey to miss between four and six weeks, ruling him out of matches against Geelong, Greater Western Sydney and Gold Coast in the foreseeable future.

Bailey is a very useful player who can be damaging.

If they are missing Cameron and Bailey it means they are suddenly very reliant on Rayner and Linc.

Fyi:

Jeez he's a loss for them. He's a great player

Living in Sydney, it's not great, but I suppose it depends on what you are into.

Brisbane & Sydney treat the footy like much more of a 'night out' than the rest of the country. It's very much the casual footy fans dream.

Lots of music, dancing, and a bunch of people who don't know the rules. It's okay for a while and has a time and a place, but it can get old, particularly in the more serious matches.
Early to be bashing the umpires.

Charlie Cameron free to play on a day when a 24 year old retired due to concussion issues. Sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back