• No

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Actively in market

Votes: 10 33.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really can’t think where Parker plays. The mids and forwards are functioning very well. Rather not be the selectors this week! Good problem to have.

Amartey out Parker FWD. It’s a good problem to have but feel eventually that’s the change

I wasn't actually completely surprised West Coast rolled Freo in the derby. Eagles did give us a decent run for our money, and you can throw the form book out in the Perth derby...

A bit hard to rate, they're doing enough to keep themselves in the hunt for September and have put a few decent performances in there here-and-there, otherwise.

Over in Perth, we'll have to play like we did against GWS to beat them. If we serve up the shitshow like we did against Richmond they will beat us. Got to watch Serong who has been superb; enough of us have been crying over not drafting him anyway, haha. They have decent support in Young, Brayshaw, and Clarke in the middle as well.

Is Darcy playing? That could impact how we lineup. Will be pretty important to keep L.Ryan accountable as well, no way we allow him to dictate from the back like he did against Richmond....

Swans by 4 goals with Logan McDonald kicking a career best 5 then signing a long-term contract on Monday.

Tbh I never sore the original title and thought we hated footstools which I do but that's just me

Anyway, please no calf injuries next week from playing on concrete

Aside from the West Coast debacle , the only games they lost were v close ones v port and Carlton. They were also given some rotten decisions in these games over the last 5 mins. They are a solid outfit. If we underestimate Freo we’ll get rolled. I have a feeling that this will be close.

Agreed, Fremantle have been a really good team this year (West Coast game aside).

Strong clearance numbers and I think the second best side defensively.

They are also tall across the ground (but with heavy rain predicted on Friday we might be ok here)

Agreed, Fremantle have been a really good team this year (West Coast game aside).

Strong clearance numbers and I think the second best side defensively.

They are also tall across the ground (but with heavy rain predicted on Friday we might be ok here)
And I think we're the best defensively? So could turn into a bit of a dour game.

And I think we're the best defensively? So could turn into a bit of a dour game.

Melbourne are first
Freo second
We are third

But we are also the best side offensively in the league.

Funnily I'm hoping it's a dry match on Friday, yes we would have to deal with their talls (without McCartin as well), but the wide spaces of Optus stadium really should suit our kicking/ running game to a tee.

Melbourne are first
Freo second
We are third

But we are also the best side offensively in the league.

Funnily I'm hoping it's a dry match on Friday, yes we would have to deal with their talls (without McCartin as well), but the wide spaces of Optus stadium really should suit our kicking/ running game to a tee.
The more we play on the bigger grounds like Optus the better. I don't think we head back to the G until Finals time. But that might change with our ladder position & the Floating fixture.

Longer the week goes, the more confident I am that Parker replaces McCartin as our only change (assuming no other injuries). Parker sub, Fox into defence, Blakey plays tall to cover McCartin.

Makes little sense to bring him in as the sub if he’s in he plays and drop Amartey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Fox comes in to the 22 to replace McCartin

Fox - Rampe - Melican to play on Treacy - Amiss - Jackson/Darcy. Gives us the flexibility to have Blakey running to start with, if he needs to play taller rather than Fox at some point, then so be it.

I also agree with previous posters, I wouldn't bring Parker in to just be the sub, and I can't see us leaving the likes of Wicks or Jordan out given the roles they've been playing, so maybe Campbell comes back in to be the sub, or even Cleary could debut.

Francis was good against GWS, he will be a real chance I think. Fwiw watching the VFL it took me quite some time to figure out who Hamling was on the field, thought he has a odd build, I assumed he was more solid….unless my eyes are stuffed which is possible!, he did go alright as well, managed to sneak a goal as well. Doubt he comes in but at least he seems to be performing.

The more we play on the bigger grounds like Optus the better. I don't think we head back to the G until Finals time. But that might change with our ladder position & the Floating fixture.

Sadly the floating fixture doesn't change the venue, only time and date matches start.

Both teams are striding into this matchup with significant momentum, albeit draped in contrasting cloaks of concern due to a spate of injuries.

As the Friday night spectacle unfolds under the Perth sky, it won't just be a test of skill but also of strategic acumen and depth, promising an AFL showdown worth its weight in gold.

This was entirely produced by ChatGPT4. It took in data from the last 3 games, injury lists, previous game reports and produced this independent prediction. How long did it take you to realise?

I was reading the preview and I was overcome with emotion with the beauty of the prose.
I thought do we have a wordsmith in sthmelb_dimmies in our midst to take his place in the pantheon along with the great writers of the past, Shakespeare, Dickens, Dan Brown?

And then I reveal the spoiler and the World will never be the same, although dinner should help.

PS Some odd fixturing v the WA teams. Incl this game six of our last 8 in Perth have been against Freo. In that period we've actually played GWS as many times as West Coast, over there. :think:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back