Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

100% we'd like it. Welcome and we post away.
To make a beef wellington without a mushroom duxelle.

Use 4-6 marrow bones cut longways from the butcher.

Roast the bones until lightly browned. Then mix oil, herbs, garlic, shallots add salt and pepper and spread over the bones on an oven tray and bake at 220 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Using red or white wine, or beef stock deglaze them. Pour that liquid off into a cup.

Take a spoon, and dig out the marrow from inside the bones.

Using 4 large russet potatoes - pierce them, wash them, bake them in the oven in alfoil while the bones are cooking.

Mash the potatoes then mix with the marrow fat and liquid to make a paste.

The potato soaks up the bone marrow fat, which is very good for your bones and skin.

And that is my method for replacing mushrooms in a beef wellington.

What do you think about that?

To make a beef wellington without a mushroom duxelle.

Use 4-6 marrow bones cut longways from the butcher.

Roast the bones until lightly browned. Then mix oil, herbs, garlic, shallots add salt and pepper and spread over the bones on an oven tray and bake at 220 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Using red or white wine, or beef stock deglaze them. Pour that liquid off into a cup.

Take a spoon, and dig out the marrow from inside the bones.

Using 4 large russet potatoes - pierce them, wash them, bake them in the oven in alfoil while the bones are cooking.

Mash the potatoes then mix with the marrow fat and liquid to make a paste.

The potato soaks up the bone marrow fat, which is very good for your bones and skin.

And that is my method for replacing mushrooms in a beef wellington.

What do you think about that?
There's been deathly silence since I posted my recipe.
I hope everybody who tried it is OK!

This cauliflower & cheese recipe is fantastic. I'd post a photo but we ate it all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back