Food & Drink Recipe Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Second time making these today. Don't use the Greek Cheese Cheese cause I don't even know what it is

Well that looks very yummy. You can replace the Greek Cream Cheese <which is probably not anything even close to resembling cheese> with yoghurt apparently.

Well that looks very yummy. You can replace the Greek Cream Cheese <which is probably not anything even close to resembling cheese> with yoghurt apparently.
Probably Greek yogurt specifically I am assuming. I'm always scared of trying replacements for ingredients cause I am worried it provides something important to the dish to actually hold it all together

Probably Greek yogurt specifically I am assuming. I'm always scared of trying replacements for ingredients cause I am worried it provides something important to the dish to actually hold it all together
My best dish was the result of not having any cream for a marinade. So instead I used pineapple juice and turned out so good we don't use anything else now. Changed to whole context of the marinade from a thick sauce to a light one. Delish!

My best dish was the result of not having any cream for a marinade. So instead I used pineapple juice and turned out so good we don't use anything else now. Changed to whole context of the marinade from a thick sauce to a light one. Delish!

This is also how I discovered the potato chip and mayonnaise sandwich, because I was a uni student and forgot to buy food.

2 slices of white bread.

spread some mayonnaise on the bread

put potato chips in between the pieces of bread.

Best meal I've ever made.

This is also how I discovered the potato chip and mayonnaise sandwich, because I was a uni student and forgot to buy food.

2 slices of white bread.

spread some mayonnaise on the bread

put potato chips in between the pieces of bread.

Best meal I've ever made.

Mayo is such an improbable invention. I guess it came via an accident where eggs broke into olive oil. Waste not, want not. Clearing the egg shells out, required some stirring and an emulsion was created.

Mayo is such an improbable invention. I guess it came via an accident where eggs broke into olive oil. Waste not, want not. Clearing the egg shells out, required some stirring and an emulsion was created.

Wiki has a delightful section on the history and etymology of mayo.

Mayonnaise - Wikipedia
Mayonnaise is a French cuisine appellation that seems to have appeared for the first time in 1806. The hypotheses invoked over time as to the origin(s) of mayonnaise have been numerous and contradictory. Most hypotheses do however agree on the geographical origin of the sauce, Mahón, in Menorca, Spain.

Yeah it is Mexican. I made this for my girlfriend's extended family dinner that has a professional chef and it went over really well
I haven't used my slow cooker much in the past, just the lack of confidence in my own ability, but my soup turned out okay today though, so will try it more often especially in the winter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks interesting, What did you use for a base?
Coles Tip Top White Gourmet Pizza Base 2 pack 440 gram

I had to cut it into a triangle as it was too big for the air fryer in its normal size

Chicken potato Curry:
3-4 chicken thighs
2 potatoes cubed (recipe says 3 potatoes but I had some sweet potato hanging about so I used that)
2 tbsp of curry powder (and it was only after I'd chopped up the chicken that I realised I had no curry power. However, 1 pck of S&Bs Mild Japanese curry to the rescue)...was epic :heart:
1 sweet potato cubed
1 shallot sliced (didn't have any so used a small onion diced)
1 red chilli sliced
1 piece of lemongrass , bashed & chopped coarsely (didn't have any of this either so used some lemon zest instead)
Thumb sized piece of ginger very thinly sliced
1 tsp white sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
400ml chicken stock
400ml coconut milk
Vegetables of choice (I used carrots, peas)
Vermicelli noodles to serve

1) In a bowl, add sliced chicken + curry powder & mix. (I had to crush the japanese curry cubes with my hands to get them mixed in - I'd probably crush them with a rolling pin or something now I think about it lol)
2) Heat a large saucepan with a tbsp of olive oil. Add the shallots or onion + chilli for a couple of minutes on medium. You're pouring almost a 1 ltr of liquid into the saucepan plus other ingredients so make sure its big enough.
3) Add chicken and cook until sealed
4) Add ginger, lemongrass sugar, fish sauce, chicken stock & potatoes. Bring to boil then reduce to a medium & let simmer for 15 minutes
5) Add coconut milk and the rest of the vegetables and let cook for a further 5 minutes. (My veggies weren't anywhere near done so I had to cook them for at least 10mins
6) Serve on cooked vermicelli noodles, roti and coriander. (I use frozen roti, heat it up in a pan and its great!)

chicken curry.jpg

Chicken potato Curry:
3-4 chicken thighs
2 potatoes cubed (recipe says 3 potatoes but I had some sweet potato hanging about so I used that)
2 tbsp of curry powder (and it was only after I'd chopped up the chicken that I realised I had no curry power. However, 1 pck of S&Bs Mild Japanese curry to the rescue)...was epic :heart:
1 sweet potato cubed
1 shallot sliced (didn't have any so used a small onion diced)
1 red chilli sliced
1 piece of lemongrass , bashed & chopped coarsely (didn't have any of this either so used some lemon zest instead)
Thumb sized piece of ginger very thinly sliced
1 tsp white sugar
2 tbsp fish sauce
400ml chicken stock
400ml coconut milk
Vegetables of choice (I used carrots, peas)
Vermicelli noodles to serve

1) In a bowl, add sliced chicken + curry powder & mix. (I had to crush the japanese curry cubes with my hands to get them mixed in - I'd probably crush them with a rolling pin or something now I think about it lol)
2) Heat a large saucepan with a tbsp of olive oil. Add the shallots or onion + chilli for a couple of minutes on medium. You're pouring almost a 1 ltr of liquid into the saucepan plus other ingredients so make sure its big enough.
3) Add chicken and cook until sealed
4) Add ginger, lemongrass sugar, fish sauce, chicken stock & potatoes. Bring to boil then reduce to a medium & let simmer for 15 minutes
5) Add coconut milk and the rest of the vegetables and let cook for a further 5 minutes. (My veggies weren't anywhere near done so I had to cook them for at least 10mins
6) Serve on cooked vermicelli noodles, roti and coriander. (I use frozen roti, heat it up in a pan and its great!)

View attachment 1993786
That looks good. Got a slow cooker recipe version of this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back