Redbacks No More - SACA spuds are back

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win in the end. That Sayers over the difference. Cooper with the icing on the cake though they were still in it in the last over. The Vic NSW game was abandoned due to an unsafe pitch when 80% of the game was done. Bizarre stuff. Prelim final against Victoria. Will Richo and Head be available for that game?

So what is the logic behind these games being played in front on neutral empty grounds?
It started out of necessity - early season only Qld and northern NSW could provide turf wickets and good weather. Plus having teams in one place meant lower travel costs.

But it's somehow edged later in the year slightly but retained the neutral element. I can only think the reasoning is that they're trying to do the stupidest, least popular thing possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thread change ??

Redbacks make yet another final

It started out of necessity - early season only Qld and northern NSW could provide turf wickets and good weather. Plus having teams in one place meant lower travel costs.

But it's somehow edged later in the year slightly but retained the neutral element. I can only think the reasoning is that they're trying to do the stupidest, least popular thing possible.

I think Channel 9 was a pretty big fan of all the games being close together (while it was still broadcast) too in the lessening of production costs?

Losing finals is a new form of disappointment.

Sure, we might miss out on the endless months of laughing stock cricket but now all the disappointment is packaged up in one bitter end-of-season pill.

What's worse? The frustration being drip-fed over several months? Or having our hopes raised all season only to crash n burn when it really counts?

Losing finals is a new form of disappointment.

Sure, we might miss out on the endless months of laughing stock cricket but now all the disappointment is packaged up in one bitter end-of-season pill.

What's worse? The frustration being drip-fed over several months? Or having our hopes raised all season only to crash n burn when it really counts?
I've just accepted that SA teams are there to entertain during the regular season. They rarely disappoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back