Religion BF style

Remove this Banner Ad

woffy

All Australian
Oct 6, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Heard this news, thought great! On checking tho, Parmalat is Halal certified. So sorry people, but a big NO from me. Will never contribute to a religious tax that I'm aware of!

Its not a tax if you pay it voluntarily.

Except my comment is not bullshit.

Westpac sponsor the Salvation Army, does that mean Westpac customers are indirectly paying a Christian tax?

Its not a tax if you pay it voluntarily.
We as consumers pay the mark-up on the product, so we have no say, the company pays the 'tax'. From what I've researched, it's a case of 'you pay the certification, or we stop you selling in certain markets' - sounds like extortion to me. If Parmalat have paid this voluntarily, hope they are giving donations to every other religion on earth. Not getting into an argument Portia, just my moral stand. I've just added Oak to my forbidden list: Cadbury, Nestle, Weetbix, Vegemite....

Except my comment is not bullshit.

Westpac sponsor the Salvation Army, does that mean Westpac customers are indirectly paying a Christian tax?

Taxes are levied by governments.

We as consumers pay the mark-up on the product, so we have no say, the company pays the 'tax'. From what I've researched, it's a case of 'you pay the certification, or we stop you selling in certain markets' - sounds like extortion to me. If Parmalat have paid this voluntarily, hope they are giving donations to every other religion on earth. Not getting into an argument Portia, just my moral stand. I've just added Oak to my forbidden list: Cadbury, Nestle, Weetbix, Vegemite....
That's just dumb! With a capital D!! They indeed do pay for halal certification, as they and other companies pay for other types of Quality certification. It's not a tax, it's a legitimate expense that covers the auditing etc, to ensure compliance. That however opens up a much broader market, increases sales, thus increasing company profits, allowing the company to price cut and compete in a tough market place. In the end, consumers benefit, not pay more!
:rolleyes:

Heard this news, thought great! On checking tho, Parmalat is Halal certified. So sorry people, but a big NO from me. Will never contribute to a religious tax that I'm aware of!

I am the most obnoxious atheist on this board and I don't get what you're on about.

I am the most obnoxious atheist on this board and I don't get what you're on about.
That a religion is profiting by threatening that they won't endorse an activity or product.

Which is pretty much how every religion in the history of religion consolidates wealth and power, so yeah...

That a religion is profiting by threatening that they won't endorse an activity or product.

Which is pretty much how every religion in the history of religion consolidates wealth and power, so yeah...

Fair enough, but good luck finding non-Halal companies to trade with in the coming years... the urge to pander to some dopey religion is too deeply ingrained in commercial necessity unfortunately.

I can't get too up in arms about it, they're still going to lose in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just see it as another form of certification/inspection confirming that i am at least eating human-safe junk

Right on mate. I don't buy any certified organic products because it is just a Vegan Tree Hugger tax. :rolleyes:

Oh, and never ever buy any Sanitarium products. ;)

Weetbix.jpg

Dont you know....apparently buying halal certified products is aiding and financing extremists to come here and blow people up.

Dont you know....apparently buying halal certified products is aiding and financing extremists to come here and blow people up.

Too bad I like yiros so much.

Please explain.

http://www.brw.com.au/p/marketing/fleurieu_ditches_halal_certification_7wEk9yoCF65uve4UHvs0OL

"
Nick Hutchinson, Fleurieu’s sales and marketing manager, said the company had received thousands of messages by phone, email and social media and the tone was increasingly “vicious”. One woman even rang up to accuse the company of contributing to the deaths of her family members in the September 11 terrorist bombings.
“There’s a lot of anti-Halal groups on Facebook that work in numbers to approach companies and bully them . . .  about where the money is being spent,” Hutchinson says. “Their push is that the money is going back into terrorism, which is totally untrue and we are not siding with them [by ending our certification].”"

Totally ridiculous

http://www.brw.com.au/p/marketing/fleurieu_ditches_halal_certification_7wEk9yoCF65uve4UHvs0OL

"
Nick Hutchinson, Fleurieu’s sales and marketing manager, said the company had received thousands of messages by phone, email and social media and the tone was increasingly “vicious”. One woman even rang up to accuse the company of contributing to the deaths of her family members in the September 11 terrorist bombings.
“There’s a lot of anti-Halal groups on Facebook that work in numbers to approach companies and bully them . . .  about where the money is being spent,” Hutchinson says. “Their push is that the money is going back into terrorism, which is totally untrue and we are not siding with them [by ending our certification].”"

Totally ridiculous
Thanks, but I was doing a Pauline Hanson impersonation. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back