Remembering Meatloaf

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you cry 😢
And I did.

636D4BCB-9D37-475B-ADDC-65D45355D4DE.jpeg

Yeh, zac and I had a bit of an onion cutting session last night 😢
By all accounts he was a lovely, humble and very funny man too. Bullied at school and abused by his father and had anger issues himself, but he turned it around.

Rest Peacefully Meat
🌹

Last edited:
Yeh, zac and I had a bit of an onion cutting session last night 😢
By all accounts he was a lovely, humble and very funny man too. Bullied at school and abused by his father.

Rest Peacefully Meat 🌹
Sounds like he channeled his own father in his role as Jack Black's father in The Pick of Destiny.
A couple of months ago, I paid for him to send a Cameo video to my Aunt (who is a massive Loaf fan) for her birthday and he was really sweet and funny. And called me an amateur comedian, which is the best celebrity diss I've personally received.
Apart from singing happy birthday and a snippet of Paradise By The Dashboard Light, he also mentioned his version of events leading up to that Grand Final performance.
I'll put up a summary of those shortly.

To elaborate further, I won't post the video, because it was a private video just for my Aunt.
But I will post this screenshot from my Cameo account:
IMG_20220122_081505.jpg
And zackah can confirm that I occasionally like to send celeb shoutouts to friends and family.

I've been holding onto this info for the past 2 months, as Meatloaf asked that I keep it between us. But now that he has passed, I feel comfortable sharing his story behind the Grand Final performance.

And having recently read The Boys Club by Michael Warner (which I highly recommend if you're interested in reading about the AFL's shady back room deals - in particular the Carlton salary cap saga, the Essendon doping saga, the Gold Coast Kangaroos saga and the Melbourne tanking saga), I believe Loaf's version of events.

Last edited:
To summarise:
  • Originally, the set was going to be 15 minutes long.
  • A backing track was recorded and edited to fit the time frame and the only thing that was performed live on the day was Loaf's and the backing musicians vocals.
  • There were 2 days of rehearsals using the tape, where Loaf is used to rehearsing with a live band.
  • Performed around 100 interviews in a 2 week period before and after rehearsals.
  • Ended up hoarse due to all the singing and talking.
  • Requests a doctor to give him a cortazone shot. Gets an appointment at 8am Grand Final day.
  • Gets to the doctor, who instead offers a laser treatment.
  • Afterwards is told not to talk or sing for 24 hours, even though he is supposed to sing at 1pm.
  • He is told on arrival to his room that he now has 13 minutes.
  • Barely has time to warm up beforehand
  • The people in charge of entertainment tell him he now only has 11 minutes to perform.
  • The day before the performance, he and his crew were performing a sound check and were told to leave before they could complete the sound check.
  • The recording was edited and sped up to make it 11 minutes. No time to rehearse.
  • During warm up, is told the performance would be cancelled due to rain. So Loaf stops warming up.
  • Shortly before 1pm, he is told the performance is back on. He tells them he hasn't warmed up properly and is just told "that's too bad".
  • The report that he requested 64 motorcycles to ride around the ground was bullshit. The people in charge of entertainment said it would look great and he said no.
  • Did rehearsals with the plan to play in the middle of the ground, was shifted to the high stage at the last minute.
  • the $500k was for an entire promotional tour, not for the Grand Final itself. Most of it went to the recording of the backing track, hotels and wages for the musicians and crew, and the ATO also took a chunk of that money.

To elaborate further, I won't post the video, because it was a private video just for my Aunt.
But I will post this screenshot from my Cameo account:
View attachment 1314546
And zackah can confirm that I occasionally like to send celeb shoutouts to friends and family.

I've been holding onto this info for the past 2 months, as Meatloaf asked that I keep it between us. But now that he has passed, I feel comfortable sharing his story behind the Grand Final performance.

And having recently read The Boys Club by Michael Warner (which I highly recommend if you're interested in reading about the AFL's shady back room deals - in particular the Carlton salary cap saga, the Essendon doping saga, the Gold Coast Kangaroos saga and the Melbourne tanking saga), I believe Loaf's version of events.
Brilliant 👍🏻 Your aunt must have been stoked!

This here is pretty cool too and shows the humour and generosity of the guy, he loved his fans and he loved a crowd 🤣 😍

AFL should have done better by him

Last edited:
To summarise:
  • Originally, the set was going to be 15 minutes long.
  • A backing track was recorded and edited to fit the time frame and the only thing that was performed live on the day was Loaf's and the backing musicians vocals.
  • There were 2 days of rehearsals using the tape, where Loaf is used to rehearsing with a live band.
  • Performed around 100 interviews in a 2 week period before and after rehearsals.
  • Ended up hoarse due to all the singing and talking.
  • Requests a doctor to give him a cortazone shot. Gets an appointment at 8am Grand Final day.
  • Gets to the doctor, who instead offers a laser treatment.
  • Afterwards is told not to talk or sing for 24 hours, even though he is supposed to sing at 1pm.
  • He is told on arrival to his room that he now has 13 minutes.
  • Barely has time to warm up beforehand
  • The people in charge of entertainment tell him he now only has 11 minutes to perform.
  • The day before the performance, he and his crew were performing a sound check and were told to leave before they could complete the sound check.
  • The recording was edited and sped up to make it 11 minutes. No time to rehearse.
  • During warm up, is told the performance would be cancelled due to rain. So Loaf stops warming up.
  • Shortly before 1pm, he is told the performance is back on. He tells them he hasn't warmed up properly and is just told "that's too bad".
  • The report that he requested 64 motorcycles to ride around the ground was bullshit. The people in charge of entertainment said it would look great and he said no.
  • Did rehearsals with the plan to play in the middle of the ground, was shifted to the high stage at the last minute.
  • the $500k was for an entire promotional tour, not for the Grand Final itself. Most of it went to the recording of the backing track, hotels and wages for the musicians and crew, and the ATO also took a chunk of that money.
With this in mind, I think it is now time to call on Chairman Gillon to resign. Has openly taken the piss out of the loaf several times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back