Reporting a post

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Frodo
It says :-

harassment, fighting, or rude posts?????

Since when have they been outlawed? They are rife.

C'mon Frodo- what is the problem this time?

If they were reported as requested then maybe they wouldnt' be as rife as you say?

Or are you getting at something else? If so, please elaborate.

Re: Re: Reporting a post

Originally posted by Danni
C'mon Frodo- what is the problem this time?

If they were reported as requested then maybe they wouldnt' be as rife as you say?

Or are you getting at something else? If so, please elaborate.

Nope. I reported one yesterday on the S&C board and noticed the wording. I then reflected upon many of the posts there and thought that the wording on the report form showed a desire for a site that has different standards than actually exist, and thought that was worthy of posting.

The thing you mods have to decide is whether to have a polite site and police it as such or just accept it for what is is and do away with the wording and charades.

As I've said before there are plenty of members out there prepared to share the mod load if you want it polite.

Originally posted by Frodo
Anyhow after getting my car broken into tonight I have a right to let off some steam and be grumpy :mad:

I'll give you that one :) - bloody bad luck you have with break ins - careful or life will soon be as chaotic as mine!

Seriously tho, this 'polite' thing you are referring to? You are a man of intelligence used to dealing with multi-faceted situations and surely are aware of the many age, gender, education, socio-ecconomic, written/spoken/interpretted communication abilities of the varied group that are members of bigfooty.

Taking that all into account you know as well as I do that standards will be communicated to individuals based on their ability to understand/appreciate them, with the entire goal of getting the same point across, but having to use different methods to achieve the same result.

A blanket wording such as you quoted is there to simply convey the message.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back