Multiplat Return to Monkey Island

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot begin to explain how excited I am for this.

It would be a hardcore adventure game driven by what made that era so great. No tutorials or hint systems or pansy-assed puzzles or catering to the mass-market or modernizing. It would be an adventure game for the hardcore. You're going to get stuck. You're going to be frustrated. Some puzzles will be hard, but all the puzzles will be fair. It's one aspect of Monkey Island I am very proud of.

Last edited:
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Carries on from Lechucks Revenge

At the end of that isn't it insinuated that Guybrush & LeChuck are actually brothers?

Yes, they are

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMOMGOMGOMG

I'M GUYBRUSH THREEPWOOD AND I'M A MIGHTY PIRATE

Fear me! For I am Murray!

"I got this scar in a mighty struggle"

"I hope you learnt to stop picking your nose"

"I'm going on a big adventure!"

"You're growing a moustache?"

"No, Bigger!"

"A beard?"

I love these old LucasArts adventure games like Monkey Island and Indiana Jones so much that it's actually the exact style of game I've been prototyping while learning UE over the past few years. There was something magical about thinking outside the box and trying out the quirky ways to solve the various puzzles. One of my best early gaming memories was going to my mate's house every afternoon straight after school and we spent months on this game trying to work it out. Every time we solved a puzzle we got so excited. Being able to look up walkthroughs today has kind of ruined these experiences. I know you don't have to look anything up but the temptation is always there.

images (29).jpeg

I love these old LucasArts adventure games like Monkey Island and Indiana Jones so much that it's actually the exact style of game I've been prototyping while learning UE over the past few years. There was something magical about thinking outside the box and trying out the quirky ways to solve the various puzzles. One of my best early gaming memories was going to my mate's house every afternoon straight after school and we spent months on this game trying to work it out. Every time we solved a puzzle we got so excited. Being able to look up walkthroughs today has kind of ruined these experiences. I know you don't have to look anything up but the temptation is always there.

View attachment 1403488
Indiana Jones & the fate of Atlantis was a thing of beauty

I've recently replayed Day of Tenticle & Full Throttle on xbox, still stack up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Indiana Jones & the fate of Atlantis was a thing of beauty

I've recently replayed Day of Tenticle & Full Throttle on xbox, still stack up
I remember when I was a kid, I was in a computer store and accidentally asked the guy if they had Day of the Testicle. He was like "Yeh, we ... wait, what?!".

View attachment 1403488

It took me nearly a decade (no joke) to figure out one of the puzzles for Monkey Island 2, and I had to get a hint from a MI walkthrough site. :embarrassedv1:

It was how to make Largo takes his clothes to the dry cleaners if you're wondering......

Not a fan at all of the art style, but to attack the developers personally is s**t tier

Man, I dunno these days. Yeah the original will always hold a special place in my heart, but I was a kid when I played it - just dunno if I have the time/effort/bother to grind through abstract nonsensical puzzles which, lets face it, they always are in these kinda games.

Like, oh yeah or course - use the book to scrape the oil off the path, or something. How could I have possibly not realised to do that :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back