PS5 Returnal

Remove this Banner Ad

A "AAA action rogue-like game" ?, it's the kind of thing that can only be a product of next generations' capabilities. It's kind of ambitious so I expect it to be kind of rough in some parts, but I'm hoping it's fun and it paves the way for more games like this.

Keen.

This one is massively flying under the radar at the moment. I really don't know what to expect but I'm pretty interested in checking it out.

I think this will be a game that will have a lot of people playing it well after release when they release how much there really is to it.

For example, I wonder how many people are actually aware of the Online features in it, apparently like Souls games, you can find the corpses of other players who died - and you can watch a hologram of their death. You can either choose to loot their corpse for their items (which apparently can effect them or you in some way) or you can choose to revenge their death against the enemy(s) that rewards both players. I only read about this one mechanic the other day, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I am most excited to see how it uses the Duelsense.

I think this will be a game that will have a lot of people playing it well after release when they release how much there really is to it.

For example, I wonder how many people are actually aware of the Online features in it, apparently like Souls games, you can find the corpses of other players who died - and you can watch a hologram of their death. You can either choose to loot their corpse for their items (which apparently can effect them or you in some way) or you can choose to revenge their death against the enemy(s) that rewards both players. I only read about this one mechanic the other day, and haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else.

I am most excited to see how it uses the Duelsense.

That's the first I've heard of that myself! You'd think with so little new next-gen titles out and so much delayed that this would be getting more press. I'm just looking forward to playing something new as I've pretty much been using my PS5 to play PS4 games I missed.

108 bucks on amazon. Man I hope that's not the new normal. Is it cheaper anywhere else?
That's the cheap option. It's 125 at EB i think.

I only really looked into it the other day after seeing it on the preorders section of the PS store for months. It looks great. Excited for it to come out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the preload came out last night for us. So 7 days early. Was pretty surprised when it started downloading for me.

Also if you do get it, make sure you download and install it in it's entirety, I saw that if you launch it beforehand it skips the main opening crash cinematic and puts you straight into the game.

1619167217902.png

Just saw this, they're some pretty weird cons considering this is a roguelite game, I guess there isn't much bad to say about it then if that's all they came up with :p

Seems there is no save system. Which is causing a problem as some of these runs are lasting hours. And crashes are occurring when coming back from rest mode resulting in losing all progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back