Game Richmond vs Geelong this Friday night at the G. Prediction thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing you wrote made me jealous so forgive me if I missed it.
So it's a self depreciating joke, I have little shot at you and I wrap it up in a little shot at me.

I say I don't have to take off my shoes to count my teeth (Collingwood people have few teeth) but you do (Geelong people are a bit dumb, and maybe you have 32 fingers and toes).

I put in some feigned misunderstaning and misplaced pride (Pies are dumb and arrogant and assume everyone is jealous) and voila, a bit of humor.

You could come back with "you can count your teeth when you get them back from Cash Converters" see, or "get Ed to count them with his dick", and I could say "I hope you don't talk like that in front of your daughter-wife", stereotypes are a staple of comedy.

A question for Geelong supporters: How are Tanner Bruhn and Jack Bowes working out for you?

A question for Geelong supporters: How are Tanner Bruhn and Jack Bowes working out for you?
They’re doing fine. Will be great long term additions to the club and we got them for very little. Also, you need to look at Pick 7 when you consider Bowes - Jhye Clarke, who’ll be cutting up the Tigers for more than a decade.

Obviously, the alternative would be to hire 2 mature players at top dollar to guarantee a position in the … bottom 4?

They’re doing fine. Will be great long term additions to the club and we got them for very little. Also, you need to look at Pick 7 when you consider Bowes - Jhye Clarke, who’ll be cutting up the Tigers for more than a decade.

Obviously, the alternative would be to hire 2 mature players at top dollar to guarantee a position in the … bottom 4?
Taranto and Hopper are just depth players who will play every week. I don't think Bruhn and Bowes are in your best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because we needed midfielders. You can't get high draft picks every year if you win premierships.

You needed midfielders to get to 15th so badly you gave away picks 12, 19, 31 and a future first round, and loaded up on $1.5m of salary cap for the next 7 years?

I guess you'll get a lot of high draft picks in the near future...

Taranto and Hopper are just depth players who will play every week. I don't think Bruhn and Bowes are in your best 22.

You understand that this statement is a clear case of slamming your own crank in the door?

Being as it speaks loudly about the relative quality of the best 22s and does nothing at all to make the two magic beans like like a value purchase?

You idiot.

Not in the slightest. You'll be fine with all the high draft picks coming your way. Tiges have a great history with them.

"You needed midfielders to get to 15th so badly you gave away picks 12, 19, 31 and a future first round, and loaded up on $1.5m of salary cap for the next 7 years?"

Sure Jan GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back