Roast Ridiculous fixture quirks and stuff ups

O_Grinners17

All Australian
Sep 15, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
So I was looking at previous fixtures today and I stumbled across the fact that the last 7 times we have played norf in the home and away season, only one of which has been a Richmond home game. And it was in round 23 at ETIHAD, 2015, meaning that our last home game (in the regular season) against norf at the G was in 2012! And guess who’s home game it is next year? How the hell can the AFL not notice this???

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I reckon 7 out of approximately 25 games this century we have played at the G. Do the afl realise this? :drunk:
We've won about 7 out of the 25 games as well.

Last edited:

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
I know Norf have a big presence on Bigfooty but are you guys forgetting they are minnows in real life? The AFL start with the big fixtures and work their way down, fill in the voids with minnow matches of absolutely no interest. It makes perfect sense that the smallest club of them all, the smallest minnow of them all gets pencilled in last for this match.
I actually can't understand why our posters validate lelnerf existence by acknowledging them at all in threads such as this. I doubt 99% of our fans would have ever picked up on this and the 1% are probably all bigfooty people.
Let's just worry about playing Carlton, Hawks, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong etc in the right places and give the AFL a break for putting a minnow uninteresting minnow match in the minnow stadium.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
I know Norf have a big presence on Bigfooty but are you guys forgetting they are minnows in real life? The AFL start with the big fixtures and work their way down, fill in the voids with minnow matches of absolutely no interest. It makes perfect sense that the smallest club of them all, the smallest minnow of them all gets pencilled in last for this match.
I actually can't understand why our posters validate lelnerf existence by acknowledging them at all in threads such as this. I doubt 99% of our fans would have ever picked up on this and the 1% are probably all bigfooty people.
Let's just worry about playing Carlton, Hawks, Collingwood, Essendon, Geelong etc in the right places and give the AFL a break for putting a minnow uninteresting minnow match in the minnow stadium.

It’s called equality. If you play one team at home one year, then you play them away the next. If you play them twice one year, you at least play one home game that year and another from one of the years before or after. This is pretty much the case for every opponent of ours except north. They get a ridiculous 4:1 ratio when it’s meant to be 1:1. We’ve beaten them about 3 times in the last 15 games. Don’t care how small there supporter base is. They have got away with this for way too long and the afl need to become aware of it. I wonder if they even realise lol

Cotcho

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
It’s called equality. If you play one team at home one year, then you play them away the next. If you play them twice one year, you at least play one home game that year and another from one of the years before or after. This is pretty much the case for every opponent of ours except north. They get a ridiculous 4:1 ratio when it’s meant to be 1:1. We’ve beaten them about 3 times in the last 15 games. Don’t care how small there supporter base is. They have got away with this for way too long and the afl need to become aware of it. I wonder if they even realise lol

Yeah I get what you mean but the comps not "equal" or "fair" in any way. From stadiums, to the bounce of the oblong ball, to the fixture, to the supporter bases, to the geographic location of each club. There are no doubt times to stand up and fight but we should always keep an eye on what battles we pick. We have a massive supporter base, geographically placed in the heart of football, our home stadium doesn't financially cripple us like Etihad did to other clubs for years, we get big "blockbuster matches" every year from Round 1, to Anzac Eve, to Dreamtime at the G and plenty of FTA TV timeslots.
Would we rather be a minnow club with a big keyboard warrior presence like lolnorph with no blockbuster matches and the AFL pushing us to Tasmania but the AFL give us heaps of home matches against our Bigfooty rival?
Let the norph baby have it's bottle. I am sure the AFL are completely unaware of it and really only focus on trying to get these minnows out of Melbourne.
We don't want to push too much for this equalisation, fair, communist thing because that only has the potential to damage the sport and more particularly damage us.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Yeah I get what you mean but the comps not "equal" or "fair" in any way. From stadiums, to the bounce of the oblong ball, to the fixture, to the supporter bases, to the geographic location of each club. There are no doubt times to stand up and fight but we should always keep an eye on what battles we pick. We have a massive supporter base, geographically placed in the heart of football, our home stadium doesn't financially cripple us like Etihad did to other clubs for years, we get big "blockbuster matches" every year from Round 1, to Anzac Eve, to Dreamtime at the G and plenty of FTA TV timeslots.
Would we rather be a minnow club with a big keyboard warrior presence like lolnorph with no blockbuster matches and the AFL pushing us to Tasmania but the AFL give us heaps of home matches against our Bigfooty rival?
Let the norph baby have it's bottle. I am sure the AFL are completely unaware of it and really only focus on trying to get these minnows out of Melbourne.
We don't want to push too much for this equalisation, fair, communist thing because that only has the potential to damage the sport and more particularly damage us.

North aren’t gaining anything by playing us in front of 29k at etihad lol. North fans laughed at us for 20 years. They continue to get a free run against us. I don’t see any other clubs missing out on home games against them. No teams should. The joke is on us :cool:

O_Grinners17

All Australian
Sep 15, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
I mean it’s supposed to be a minnow match but why would it be on Friday night?

Back