Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

With our cunning plan to lose to St Kilda, then beat Adelaide and then Geelong to make the GF and have a second crack at the Saints now in motion we now need to look for other options to tackle Riewoldt. 3 consecutive 5 goal hauls against us - something new is needed.

Is there any chance we could give O'Brien a chance?

I know he does an excellent job on Milne but maybe we can find someone else to do a decent job on him and release Harry to play on Riewoldt?

With our cunning plan to lose to St Kilda, then beat Adelaide and then Geelong to make the GF and have a second crack at the Saints now in motion we now need to look for other options to tackle Riewoldt. 3 consecutive 5 goal hauls against us - something new is needed.

I know he does an excellent job on Milne but maybe we can find someone else to do a decent job on him and release Harry to play on Riewoldt?

good thought, but im gonna go with Capt Max still, someone just has to tell him stay within a foot of him or he'll lose the captaincy or something, he's fast, tough and can read the play with the best of them, and give Presti to whichever ruckman drops foward and L. Brown to Kosi

Maybe Leigh Brown to lay him out? Someone needed to put a hard body into him today. Big Ant should've Lloyd'd him.

Maxy is the man i reckon, Let Presti go to Kosi and keep Harry on milne .. because milney is harry's bitch :) !! that brought a smile to my face today .. really don't like the tip rat

But saying all this we have 2 very tough games to get through before we can think about st.kilda again haha :p

For this cunning plan to succeed, we need to initiate the major strategy involved, and this involves a player by the name of Ben Reid. He needs to be included this week against the Crows, given valid game-time at AFL finals level, so that by Grand Final he is shutting down Saint Nick.

We could have just stopped the last goal by the dogs, beaten geelong and gotten it over with, sheesh.

Even IF we make it all the way, we're going to be so worn out, we will lose the big one, again...

But again, the 2007 finals always gives me hope.

Go man on man and play max on him from the start

Give them no loose players and max can match him with pace and strength as he showed yesterday

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will say this again..........To beat Stkilda you have to stop one player.
Reiwoldt and unfortunately collingwood has no ne to go with him.
That's why we lost...Reiwoldt stepped up to put them in front .
The rest of their side are just battlers and its the second tirered players who play well that takes the pressure off some of the senior players.
Collingwood are mind Fu....ed.
You have to menatlly want to win to get the job done its not only the physical aspect.......Look what Brisbane did to Carlton.......?

I rest my case.

2 things -You need a menatlly switched on side hell bent on winning
You need a coach who makes decisions quickly when things are not going your way.Malthouse continues to be less reactive which allows the oppostion to much time to make positional changes.
Mlathouse has wrecked Josh Fraser by playing him against gorillas too often.Should have played 2 rucks dumdkoff.....................

don't think you blokes need to worry about st.kilda again this season.

Doubt you blokes will have to worry about September for quite a while either.

Agreed - the Dogs or the Lions will do them. Save the Saints from having to play us again

Didn't expect this sort of support from a Richmond fan but hey, I'll take it ;)

Maxy on Riewoldt. Roo is a very good player but I can't stand his sooky, protected species, candied ass. It riles me no end when he gets hold of us.

Whilst we're on cunning plans, operation Pendleruse... or was it Ruselbury? is well under way. Broken leg my eye. He'll rise like a phoenix from the ashes as an eleventh hour late inclusion.

Meanwhile back in reality, I think Maxy did a good job on Riewoldt. He kept him to a goal if I'm right? Keep maxy on him and have a loose man in defense cut off his leads. Who's our fastest runner? Johnson? Clarke? Barham? Have one of these road runners *meep meep!* infront of Roo.

I will say this again..........To beat Stkilda you have to stop one player.
Reiwoldt and unfortunately collingwood has no ne to go with him.
That's why we lost...Reiwoldt stepped up to put them in front .
The rest of their side are just battlers and its the second tirered players who play well that takes the pressure off some of the senior players.

I rest my case.

:confused:
The other 21 players are just battlers? Hayes? Goddard? Montagna? Dal Santo? Fisher? Gilbert? Gardiner? Makes your team look decidely worse than battlers then, doesn't it?

Don't let your lack of education stand in the way of reality pal.

It practitcaly impossible to stop him he just leads and when someone starts off a lead its preety hard to catch up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back