Summer RIO 2016 - Athletics (Track & Road events) 12th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

never been fully convinced farah could make such massive gains between the age of 25 and 27.
about the time Salazar and NOP got hold of him i think. plus the missed drug tests and links to Jama Aden.
somethings definitely not right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gatlin win won't be a great moment for the Olympic ideal given his tainted past

Hope he wins for a laugh. Trevor Graham is going a bit nuts lately about Gatlin being stitched up.

Besides, Jamaica Inc. is hardly a clean operation itself. Not that the mums, kiddies & #7olympics viewers would know.

For some reason I have the urge for an Optus mobile contract.

too good.
but i do wish someone would go from the gun just once and see what happens. still, at least they made him earn it.

This.

I was a big Mo fan leading up to London. The guy went to extraordinary lengths to train himself into a gold medal winner and I had enormous respect for him. His racing in London was just incredible.

However he has never run a truly fast 10000m. He is only the '15th fastest' of all time and did that back in 2011. And this doesn't take into account the numerous times a Bekele or Gabrselassie or Tergat have run faster then Mo's best. For all the training he puts his body thru you would think he would want to see what he could do when pushed from the start. I get it at the games it's about winning ,but I've always wondered why he hasn't targeted a diamond league meet to just go for it.

What is also perplexing is that the major championships are always run at a pace that suits him.

I like Chepkoech to cause an upset in the women' Steeplechase. Her heat win was excellent, and although she may have to run more than a 10s PB to do so, I think you'll find Jebet will go far too quick our front on her own and be a sitting duck in the final lap. She's a 4:03 1500m runner and that is pretty slick.

This.

I was a big Mo fan leading up to London. The guy went to extraordinary lengths to train himself into a gold medal winner and I had enormous respect for him. His racing in London was just incredible.

However he has never run a truly fast 10000m. He is only the '15th fastest' of all time and did that back in 2011. And this doesn't take into account the numerous times a Bekele or Gabrselassie or Tergat have run faster then Mo's best. For all the training he puts his body thru you would think he would want to see what he could do when pushed from the start. I get it at the games it's about winning ,but I've always wondered why he hasn't targeted a diamond league meet to just go for it.

What is also perplexing is that the major championships are always run at a pace that suits him.

Yeah I agree, although I don't think they run 10k at Diamond league meets. I don't remember seeing it. The 10k on a track is a pretty uncommon race to start with - whereas 10k on the road happens all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if they replace the track 10k with a road 10k. The women's race was especially hard to follow this year.

Channel seven's athletics commentary eats alive their swimming commentary.

That is quite expected however the athletics team's approach to calling is so easy to listen to.

The discussion of the Aussie athletes isn't excessive.

Really enjoy Tamsyn Lewis-Manou, she seems to know a heap about all the athletes, whether they are sprinters or marathon runners. She complements Culbert and McAvaney perfectly and doesn't do the all out barracking of the Aussie competitors like most former athletes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back