Summer RIO 2016 - Football (Men & Women's) 3rd to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the same if you throw the ball in AFL.. You get away with what you can to win. It's still illegal.
It's illegal but unlike the AFL you're not going to get away with it every time whereas in a penalty shoot out you will. Same as players aren't allowed to encroach the 18 yard box before the kick is taken otherwise it needs to be retaken but players always do and it never gets pulled up.

First thing you're taught as a keeper with penalties is pick a side and just before the ball is kicked take a step out towards the kicker and dive to that side. This is to cut the angle in case you pick the correct way. Every keeper does it, except it seems the Aussie women's keeper. That's just poor coaching.

Biggest flogs in the world are Brazzos. Yet to come across one that doesn't have a massive chip on their shoulder.
Seedy ****s too, not a fun group of people to be around when travelling overseas with chics..
I've got a couple of Brazilian friends who are great people, but turn into campaigners as soon as sport is involved. Just their culture. Karma often bites the cheating pricks in the arse, as evidenced by theirs constant chokes in the world cup.

I've got a couple of Brazilian friends who are great people, but turn into campaigners as soon as sport is involved. Just their culture. Karma often bites the cheating pricks in the arse, as evidenced by theirs constant chokes in the world cup.

I actually agree with this somewhat.
Got mates from all over the place, kiwis, poms, yanks, Canadians, Indians, and all are still very reasonable during sporting contests (how I know many of them), and have fun with banter and ribbings before, during and after games.

But Brazillions are downright terrible. Not sure if it's a "sticking it to the developed world" or "I came from nothing" mentality, but they are just giant flogs.
Try surfing with them- I reckon I've come close/been run over by all other nationalities one or two times. But Brazillions are just c***s. Continually go out of their way trying to create conflict, full of agro when they surf.
Same goes for pretty much all of them on the world surf tour and around the world- despised by the yanks/Hawaiians/Aussies/eruos.
Was surfing in Hawaii a while back and asked around in the line up which nationality they despised the most, Brazil always.

Another Brazil sorry (just to make people realise that although we lost, at least we're not flogs), was in San Seb last year with a mate, staying at an AirBnB.

So the place was run by 2 brazillion guys in early to mid 30s. They acted pretty friendly to us initially. 2 Aussie and German chics also randomly rocked up to stay there, and we straight away bonded over drinks with them. Had a night out on town, and just by chance the brazillion dudes found the 4 of us in a club, and cracked on the chics hard. They were really freaked out and kept hanging out with us. The brazillion dudes continually kept trying to slide in between us and them and create separation but we held strong, so they cracked it and left.
These dudes had drinks and weed everywhere and drank all night the first few nights we were there.
So we get home that night, and have some quiet late night drinks with the girls, until one Brazzo comes in and cracks it and says "go to bed!" WTF?

Later that night Aussie chic knocks on our door and says both the dudes came in with drinks and were trying to hook up with each one of them. They shut them down, so they cracked it again and finally left.
Next morning, we hungoverly walked into their room to say gday, and the seedier Brazzo is lying "jokingly" with the hot German girl snuggling her, and she straight away gives us the biggest "get this creep off me" face.. I sat on her bed also to try and piss him off, which took all of 2mins before they gave up and left the room.
Later that day they randomly told us that we weren't welcome anymore and to get out. Of course the chics were scared (no locks on room doors) so they left with us. One of the guys absolutely went mental at us when the chics told them they were also leaving with us then.

Brazilians. Yay!

Another Brazil sorry (just to make people realise that although we lost, at least we're not flogs), was in San Seb last year with a mate, staying at an AirBnB.

So the place was run by 2 brazillion guys in early to mid 30s. They acted pretty friendly to us initially. 2 Aussie and German chics also randomly rocked up to stay there, and we straight away bonded over drinks with them. Had a night out on town, and just by chance the brazillion dudes found the 4 of us in a club, and cracked on the chics hard. They were really freaked out and kept hanging out with us. The brazillion dudes continually kept trying to slide in between us and them and create separation but we held strong, so they cracked it and left.
These dudes had drinks and weed everywhere and drank all night the first few nights we were there.
So we get home that night, and have some quiet late night drinks with the girls, until one Brazzo comes in and cracks it and says "go to bed!" WTF?

Later that night Aussie chic knocks on our door and says both the dudes came in with drinks and were trying to hook up with each one of them. They shut them down, so they cracked it again and finally left.
Next morning, we hungoverly walked into their room to say gday, and the seedier Brazzo is lying "jokingly" with the hot German girl snuggling her, and she straight away gives us the biggest "get this creep off me" face.. I sat on her bed also to try and piss him off, which took all of 2mins before they gave up and left the room.
Later that day they randomly told us that we weren't welcome anymore and to get out. Of course the chics were scared (no locks on room doors) so they left with us. One of the guys absolutely went mental at us when the chics told them they were also leaving with us then.

Brazilians. Yay!

So you got lucky?

It's illegal but unlike the AFL you're not going to get away with it every time whereas in a penalty shoot out you will. Same as players aren't allowed to encroach the 18 yard box before the kick is taken otherwise it needs to be retaken but players always do and it never gets pulled up.

First thing you're taught as a keeper with penalties is pick a side and just before the ball is kicked take a step out towards the kicker and dive to that side. This is to cut the angle in case you pick the correct way. Every keeper does it, except it seems the Aussie women's keeper. That's just poor coaching.
There's one step and then there is 3 metres..

Unlucky girls.

******* hell, the keeper was halfway to the bloody spot everytime
I was expecting the US goalie Hope Solo to do that against Sweden as its what the US goalie got away with in the 1999 WC when the US beat China on penalties 5-4, and the one she saved was a good 4 or 5 steps forward of the line as the kicker was running in. Hope Solo didnt copy her this time, but decided to waste time and change her gloves before the final shot. But the Swede didn't crack and put it in the back of the net.

The Brazilian Goalie must have watched the ESPN doco of the reunion of the 1999 US team and the goalie was asked about her penalty shot out save and said she did nothing wrong and would do it again despite it being blatanly against the rules.

What I dont understand is what aren't the *en sideline/assistant referees standing by the two posts making sure this doesnt happen and the goalie doesn't cheat. I watched the US v Swede game and noticed the ref is looking more at the kicker and the ball than the goalie.

Last edited:
I was expecting the US goalie Hope Solo to do that against Sweden as its what the US goalie got away with in the 1999 WC when the US beat China on penalties 5-4, and the one she saved was a good 4 or 5 steps forward of the line as the kicker was running in. Hope Solo didnt copy her this time, but decided to waste time and change her gloves before the final shot. But the Swede didn't crack and put it in the back of the net.

The Brazilian Goalie must have watched the ESPN doco of the reunion of the 1999 US team and the goalie was asked about her penalty shot out save and said she did nothing wrong and would do it again despite it being blatanly against the rules.

What I dont understand is what aren't the ****en sideline/assistant referees standing by the two posts making sure this doesnt happen and the goalie doesn't cheat. I watched the US v Swede game and noticed the ref is looking more at the kicker and the ball than the goalie.
Yeah one of the reasons I really don't like the sport. FIFA are corrupt and the refs are too scared to stand up to bullies. Australia is the 51st ranked country in the world- even though we are the Asian champions. We are and always have been treated as an inconvenience by the soccer powers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Solo - eye of the tiger, or eyes of a psychopath?

9a379e86-da70-11e4-9920-e53ea9bac0f5-300x421.jpg

2614093400000578-0-image-m-2_1424873230873.jpg

Canada's Women's Team are < 25 mins away from taking Bronze in their match vs Brazil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back