Opinion RIP Skinny Martyn's old monuments

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Skinny's members monument get a run in the 'Keeping North South' doco.

Clearly, they meant something.

Still eats away at me that these were destroyed.

Our cultural superiors clearly didn't deem them worthy of inclusion.

Good to see Skinny's members monument get a run in the 'Keeping North South' doco.

Clearly, they meant something.

Still eats away at me that these were destroyed.

The club has been very disrespectful of a lot of significant items including flags, cups and Skinny's monument over the journey as you say.

The fact our achievements are currently bunged behind a ****ing coffee cart sums it up. And that was after Eugene had to dig them out of a dusty old filing room in the first place.

The club has been very disrespectful of a lot of significant items including flags, cups and Skinny's monument over the journey as you say.

The fact our achievements are currently bunged behind a ****ing coffee cart sums it up. And that was after Eugene had to dig them out of a dusty old filing room in the first place.

Some type of small museum should of been front and center of any new extension of the facilities.

Not sure how I missed this thread. I'm a bit too young (and Tasmanian) to have visited the old facilities from memory, but really sad to hear what happened to the monuments.

Not sure how I missed this thread. I'm a bit too young (and Tasmanian) to have visited the old facilities from memory, but really sad to hear what happened to the monuments.

Given we are now turning this into a VFL ground.

They could of been relocated to an entrance point on the other side of the ground.

The club is great on most things, but they've dropped the ball on this stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back