Preview Rnd 2 - Carlton v Melbourne Saturday 13th June 4.35PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 poor game then OUT! yeah, that's a great idea........

1 poor game? As a mid, Will’s last 4 games in 2019 he got possession numbers 19, 14, 8 & 15. His disposal efficiency is 62%.
In Round 1 this year he avoided contact, refused to chase (watch his effort next to Prestia when he burns him for an easy goal from a stoppage) and picked up an enormous 6 possessions at 67%.

I like him but he doesn’t deserve his spot due to performance.

But yeah let’s keep rewarding him with senior games...that’s a great idea....

another sook who wants more from a player but isn't getting it - sorry sulky, sometimes you have to persevere a little beyond your infantile level of tolerance

Comedy. So, just to be clear, other members have to agree with you on the merits of our players otherwise they’re labelled a “sook” ?

Persevere & reward mediocrity = perfect.
Demand higher level, more consistent performance = sulking sook.

Are we in a forum here or a classroom?

Go to bed Thy.

I'm in bed. Listen to you! Demanding "higher more consistent performances" like anyone is taking notice of you or ever will - how do I get to be a real supporter like you? Is it the shoe lifts? The kevlar nappy? Word to the stupid - it doesn't matter - nothing any of us wants is going to happen until it does - get it? Do us all a favour and deal with your needs some way other than slashing and burning the list - it's a limited set - what happens when you burn everyone? Clown.

1 poor game? As a mid, Will’s last 4 games in 2019 he got possession numbers 19, 14, 8 & 15. His disposal efficiency is 62%.
In Round 1 this year he avoided contact, refused to chase (watch his effort next to Prestia when he burns him for an easy goal from a stoppage) and picked up an enormous 6 possessions at 67%.

I like him but he doesn’t deserve his spot due to performance.

But yeah let’s keep rewarding him with senior games...that’s a great idea....
Round 1 has no impact on selection for round 2, let alone the last 3 games in 2019

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

I'm in bed. Listen to you! Demanding "higher more consistent performances" like anyone is taking notice of you or ever will - how do I get to be a real supporter like you? Is it the shoe lifts? The kevlar nappy? Word to the stupid - it doesn't matter - nothing any of us wants is going to happen until it does - get it? Do us all a favour and deal with your needs some way other than slashing and burning the list - it's a limited set - what happens when you burn everyone? Clown.

Haha. Oh lord. Where do I start...

Pills should be next to the bed.

Round 1 has no impact on selection for round 2, let alone the last 3 games in 2019

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk
....and that attitude is the difference between a good team and a mediocre one. Simply think it’s time for some guys to be held accountable for poor performance particularly those that haven’t got any real credits in the bank so to speak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My read on our list is that players (like) Dow/Setterfield/Kennedy/Fisher/LoB all have to lift to genuine 4Q AFL standards sooner rather than later - and for these blokes who were high draft picks they should be showing 4Q ability to impact on the game.

SPS has demonstrated AFL ability for 4Q playing HBF and doing it very well. Weitering and Walsh are proven genuine AFL players, in my books anyway.

Charlie/Harry/Cuningham/Williamson in my books are all genuine AFL quality players - but they all have one unfortunate thing in common.

Newnes is the least of our problems - I'd rather him with ball in hand kicking into forward 50 than either of Setterfield or Dow - and Dow at this stage is the biggest concern amongst the lot - he was awful against tuggers, anyone can tackle a bloke like Dow with his burst leg speed should be able to bring anyone down just by running with them- and yet he is the softest tackler on our list.

All that said - we have a sample space of one game in 2020 to refer to - hardly proof of anything.

With our current midfield - there are no 'easy' games I dont understand where people get their confidence from tbh.

I want to see Stocker/Kemp/Philps etc pushing for inclusion - Dow/Fisher/LoB and Setterfield have a fair bit to prove.
I’m am a fan your posts JAB and from what you have explained about Dow’s inabilities in chasing down and tackling I’m fully as frustrated as you are, I’ve thought myself he should be making the most of hes power pace and tackling with what he possesses as frustrating as it may be and looks it’s at times fully a lack of desire and effort...
From what I’ve been told he’s never going to be the full on endurance midfielder we all expect him to be ..
I’ve never known anyone at the club in any official capacity in all my 51 years until the last 3 months until recently in the past 3 months through work, if it wasn’t for CoVid19 i would never had crossed paths with someone of his position..
Very highly rated and were very impressed with his preseason has ‘exciting kid, he could be a beauty if he can put it all together ‘

Good to see everything's back to 'pre-covid normal'. I've missed these clashes almost as much as the footy. :D

I do miss Robbo in the side.

4 goals on debut.

Was there.

Robbo kicked 3. Waite and Eddie each kicked a bag IIRC.

We smashed the tigers by like 15 goals.

Ah, those were the days...

Was there.

Robbo kicked 3. Waite and Eddie each kicked a bag IIRC.

We smashed the tigers by like 15 goals.

Ah, those were the days...
Robbo, would give me left nut for another one ‘maybe both’ Waite ‘Curnow’ class got it covered ‘Eddie’ freak generational but unless we get Papley someone of his ilk we would be costing ourselves the chance of a better impact...

One of the relief instructors at the gym I used to go to was a trainer down at Carlton, basically work experience while she was doing her Phys Ed degree at Uni.

She was saying that Ratten felt the players weren't hard enough, so introduced grappling into the preseason program.....bring the mouthguards. Apparently Mitch, in his first season down the club as an 18yo, absolutely loved it. Most times he would finish the session with a bloody nose or split lip or something.

We seriously need another Mitch or two....

....and that attitude is the difference between a good team and a mediocre one. Simply think it’s time for some guys to be held accountable for poor performance particularly those that haven’t got any real credits in the bank so to speak.
been discussed before. players to choose from havent shown anything yet either or they are still developing. so you would only be replacing a poor perofmer with potentially another one. then what do you do? choose the original poor perofermer? better to play them in blocks of games. its just a phase we are going through. eventually i believe poor performers wiil likely get dropped when we have good depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back