AFL Autopsy Rnd 20: Loss to Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I have another left field one.

McGrath also isn't the star we want him to be. Kicking is questionable and he is one of the slowest quick players. It doesn't seem like he can ever get any separation from his opponent.

Waiting for the fan boys to come in and tear you apart but you’re 100 % correct. Obviously has time on his side but at the moment he’s well and truly behind Taranto and McCluggage. He’s shown that he’s got speed and a brilliant kick on him so it really annoys me that his first thought always seems to be to fire off a handball. We should be trying to get him to be the last link on the chain not one at the start or middle just dishing off handballs

Will this put the spotlight back on Woosha and the coaching group?
Yeap, got outcoached and we were too predictable again....a month out from finals and we dish out that crap home...and for all you mediocre supporters who think it's the loss where meant to have, that's crap too...that thinking is part of the overall reason why we haven't won a final in 15 yrs....massive battle to stay in now for finals with 3 tough games..... missed chance today....bad loss...

We were belted our of the middle, especially in that second half. Brown tried his best but was destroyed as second ruck.

Their defence was too good for our forward line. Beat us up on the rebound.

There’s only so many injuries teams can cope with especially with top dozen or so. Look at Tigers earlier.

I have another left field one.

McGrath also isn't the star we want him to be. Kicking is questionable and he is one of the slowest quick players. It doesn't seem like he can ever get any separation from his opponent.
tends to run the ball out of danger, usually back, rather than running into it. Which is smart. But he could be killing it as an inside mid alongside Shiel.
When Parish went down we should have moved him on the ball

can't really comment on this game
we were way way way off.
they were switched on. Outcome was inevitable

we need a ruck
Ladhams ain't a beanpole anymore. go get him.

For the past six weeks we've been giving opponent's big leads, it was only a matter of time before it bit us in the arse.

A lot of luck has created the illusion of great form. This was a swift reality check. Good teams don't lose by ten goals to interstate teams at home.

Waiting for the fan boys to come in and tear you apart but you’re 100 % correct. Obviously has time on his side but at the moment he’s well and truly behind Taranto and McCluggage. He’s shown that he’s got speed and a brilliant kick on him so it really annoys me that his first thought always seems to be to fire off a handball. We should be trying to get him to be the last link on the chain not one at the start or middle just dishing off handballs
Needs to go onball and learn from Shiel. hog the ball. push it forward.
you dont need to honour a team-mate if you want to go long or shoot on goal (has a nose for them).

anyways, a single bad game isn't cause for concern
but christ we looked terrible as a team today

Yeap, got outcoached and we were too predictable again....a month out from finals and we dish out that crap home...and for all you mediocre supporters who think it's the loss where meant to have, that's crap too...that thinking is part of the overall reason why we haven't won a final in 15 yrs....massive battle to stay in now for finals with 3 tough games..... missed chance today....bad loss...

Perhaps those supporters are just a bit realistic of where we are at. Look at our outs. Surely u can agree those are some important players.

As for our thinking it was likely to happen not sure whats that got to with not having won a final.

We looked like a side that has been swimming against the tide and truth be known, we have.

We've done a super job to be where we're at but injuries and consistent last gasp wins caught up with us today.

Hats off to Port, they were very good today and smashed us in most aspects of the game.

On to next week. Today showed we're on the ropes, from here who knows what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put in Bellchambers and take out their two rucks and I think we would have seen a far tighter game. Our rucks were wiped, it was so easy for them to get the ball out.

We had our two best defenders out of the defence and our best three tall forwards out. How do you blame poor coaching for that?!

* me some people are fair-weather supporters. yes we had one of those days but that happens to the best sides as well and things just caught up with us today with Port taking full advantage. just so many of our players had horrible days that can happen as I said. we will bounce back next week ...!!!

Yep no overreactions here. Had a bad day.

No Tbell or Hepp, our two most important in the middle.

No Joe or Smack, our two best Kpf.

No Hurley and a very sore looking Hooker forced to play forward.

Not suprised we lost. This was never a premiership year. We just need to be as competitive as possible and hopefully play a final from here. Plenty of guys under 25ish still learning.

Put in Bellchambers and take out their two rucks and I think we would have seen a far tighter game. Our rucks were wiped, it was so easy for them to get the ball out.

We had our two best defenders out of the defence and our best three tall forwards out. How do you blame poor coaching for that?!
Yeah coaching definitely wasn't the issue. This is on the players that stepped out with zero intensity from the get go. Injuries contributed to the loss, but it wasn't the reason why we lost by 10 goals.
If we lose by say 20 points, then that's understandable. Percentage still relatively intact. To lose the way we did and wipe our hard fought percentage in one game is ultra disappointing.

The game was still there to be won in the 3rd quarter before we put the white flag up. That is concerning, especially with finals coming up.

Seems like they were totally cooked today - McKernan late out messed us up a fair bit. Parish also a big out, no one player to blame - our win conditions of oppo innacuracy while we take our chances with run off transition didn’t eventuate - a loss like this has been coming a long while now.

Yep no overreactions here. Had a bad day.

No Tbell or Hepp, our two most important in the middle.

No Joe or Smack, our two best Kpf.

No Hurley and a very sore looking Hooker forced to play forward.

Not suprised we lost. This was never a premiership year. We just need to be as competitive as possible and hopefully play a final from here. Plenty of guys under 25ish still learning.
GWS holding our 1st pick means you throw everything to the wind and just build week by week.
the odd bump is to be expected, and we've hit a few in recent weeks while finding a way to win.

Francis and Hartley were good (Hartley not creative enough by foot though). Snelling and Zach were good. Structurally stuffed, too many important players out or playing sore. Rotations stuffed with in game injuries.

Scrappies son told him to shut up...Scrappy told him to go to his F#$$#n bedroom. Scrappies missus told me to go and stay in the dog house. Interesting times.

hit the nail on the head here...

my misso was also ropable at me for wanting to watch the game over going out for an early dinner (i'm 3 hours ahead in timezone atm). turns out port wiping us early in the 4th mightve saved me from the doghouse

hit the nail on the head here...

my misso was also ropable at me for wanting to watch the game over going out for an early dinner (i'm 3 hours ahead in timezone atm). turns out port wiping us early in the 4th mightve saved me from the doghouse
Haha, enjoy your meal..the pal meaty bites are terrible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back