Preview Rnd 4 - Carlton v North Friday 7th April 4.20PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why?

I guess you must rate Tom Powell and Darcy Tucker quite highly if that's the case.

Also reckon you're forgetting someone in our midfield...

We do bat a bit deeper, particularly if Docherty spends time in the midfield, but their mids have been excellent at times.

Point was more that North shouldn't be underestimated - on current form they are probably a team somewhere in the 10-14 range on the ladder, and while we expect to be a rung or two higher, we're also missing more than a few and enough that it starts to become noticeable imo. Plus new coach, they'll be looking to bounce back after last week, we're on a short week after travelling (and before travelling again)... I just think this will (hopefully) be a better win than most would rate it.

Cuners not playing for the VFL team (neither is Durdin).

With Cuners, I’m assuming they’re taking a kid glove approach for a guy who hasn’t played in two years (i.e. he’s not injured).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All we can do is assume when it comes to Cuners as the club never provides updates on him.

Cuners not playing for the VFL team (neither is Durdin).

With Cuners, I’m assuming they’re taking a kid glove approach for a guy who hasn’t played in two years (i.e. he’s not injured).

How did you find out about that? Are the teams listed somewhere?

I'd like to see the ball dropped from outer space. We could track it on a KAYO channel as it floated down, down, down.....there would need to be very accurate wind, time and weather modelling but when it hit the centre circle.....what a rush! The recall of course would be a bit of a buzz kill but hey, the game's all about the kids these days and worth it.
Anticipation = epic.

How many light years are we talking about until the first bounce?

Cuningham is either the substitute or a late in based on this article.

Can’t see how it could be either with Cuners. He wasn’t named as an emergency, and I can’t believe he’s match fit enough to play a full game.

Anticipation = epic.

How many light years are we talking about until the first bounce?
maybe just from low earth orbit? dropped from a weather balloon? we don't want burn-up issues or too long a wait while arrow keeps belting out "bounce the ball, ffs"..........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the one hand, honey hasn’t set the world alight in the VFL. But on the other, he’s a like for like forced change and I understand the reasoning of keeping the team structure the same.
I think this "like for like" is complete bs for the coaches. they can spin most changes anyway they like it

We keep saying that Dow can only play inside mid (I disagree), but he's been in riip roaring form in the VFL and who will he replace in our midfield blah blah BUT they had no issues bringing Durdin in the other week for Hewett...real "like for like"

Dow's papers are probably stamped but geez...he's hardly sooking iin the VFL...give the boy a game FFS

So, this is a no bullshit, 50k sold out, biblical event???

Noice.😎👍
they used to be able to jam 56k in - I think the british lions had a record there for a while - I recall we all turned up for one of our false dawns where we'd won a few in a row - 50k saw the hawks annihilate us by 99 points.............without buddy.............

Spot on.

Saints 38 23 (61 scores)
Carlton 30 42 (72 scores)

The poster makes no claims of accuracy on these figures as he has had 11 Bilsons Vodka and Lemonades and may not have counted correctly
Which goes to my point that our bad kicking isn't just having set shots but what I believe are our biggest issues
1. poor mid-fwd transition, including below average passes to our fwds/not lowering eyes etc
2. Harry and Charlie fighting for the same ball
3. Small fwds not always in best position to crumb
4. Overcrowded fwd line...probably linked to point 2...our fwds don't spread opp defence enough...and if they do, our mids aren't always lowering eyes to kick to someone in a better position than harry and Charlie

Fish & Chips ordered for finish of game:thumbsu:
Bar fridge is full as well as a nice Whisky and Port:thumbsu:
Big Breakky cook up happening in between typing, it’s true blokes can multi task:thumbsu:

Get up for me Baggers and look sharp:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
we may be seeing the development of a caged cook-off between BAT and Numbers.............stay tuned, folks, same BAT time, same BAT channel........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back