Preview Rnd 7 - Carlton v GWS Saturday 16th May 4.35PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
or maybe he is an average VFl player, the bulldogs knew it and jumped at the chance for a trade. Every other club knew it, heck every single carlton supporter said WTF when we traded for him.
You might speak for a few nuffies among the Carlton supporter base, but don't pretend to speak for all Carlton supporters.

I don't think of Watson as being a good mark at all. Not sure his hands are strong enough. More of a reader of the play who will mark the balls falling short or maybe take a mark or two on the lead. It is his kicking we are interested in.

A scrappy mark or two and an arm chopping free or hands in the back and he will kick 3.0 or 2.1 from limited opportunities. That then makes his dangerous and forces his opponent to pay him respect, which in turn opens it up for other forwards.

I'll admit I've only seen him play a few games, and none in the twos. Recall him getting those big hands on it but I'll stand corrected. See hoe he goes this weekend but looking forward to see if he takes his opportunity. From what I know his mobility is an issue so hopefully he gets some half decent service...

People were calling for Watto's head last season now he's the new messiah.

Our new whipping boy is Liam Jones. Watched replay again and he wasn't as bad as being made out - except for his kicking.

Both should be playing this weekend

Watto is no mesiah - people are just looking forward to seeing whether he can bring something fresh to the dungheap.

I'm not ready to write of jones. He was brought into play the third tall and so far has been the 2nd/1st. I'm willing to give him a season. No point talking about getting rid of players until you are actually able to get rid of them

I'll admit I've only seen him play a few games, and none in the twos. Recall him getting those big hands on it but I'll stand corrected. See hoe he goes this weekend but looking forward to see if he takes his opportunity. From what I know his mobility is an issue so hopefully he gets some half decent service...

Half a contested mark per game. It's not his forte.

What exactly is "half a contested mark"? :p

Also known as a Shaun Hampson. ;)

Watto has taken 10 contested marks in 19 games. In 13 of those games he took no contested marks at all.

Wait, Hampson didn't take the easy marks, but contested marks was one thing he was actually good at. Around half of the ones he took were contested.

I was making a joke about how you can take half a mark. While Hammer took his share of contested marks, he dead set had hands of stone sometimes. So he got there but spilled a lot.

Mind you 18 of those games were playing in defence...

He does average 1 inside 50 per game so he does venture out of the defensive goal square and get involved in the odd on one contest.

The point is he's not one to take a pack mark like Casboult or out smart a defender one on one like Henderson ... at least not so far.

Having said that Jamison didn't start taking contested marks until about year 6 so there is hope.

I'm tired of losing.

I'm sick of people texting me about how bad we are.

I've heard enough talk about trading the whole team.

I've had it with sakc Mick gate.

I just want a ****ing win!

PLEASSSSEEEE CARLTON I AM BEGGING YOU!

GO THE BAGGERS!

#ilovepregameoptimism

I'm tired of losing.

I'm sick of people texting me about how bad we are.

I've heard enough talk about trading the whole team.

I've had it with sakc Mick gate.

I just want a ******* win!

PLEASSSSEEEE CARLTON I AM BEGGING YOU!

GO THE BAGGERS!

#ilovepregameoptimism
Today will be your day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Casboult will be playing on Corr, who is about 90kg wringing wet. He will have his way with him.

Cas is only one player, our backline is hardly setting the world on fire, mdfield are winning the contested ball but doing not much with it, infact we are pretty awful all round

Hope Cripps plays

Last edited:
Cas is only one player, our backline is hardly setting the world on fire, mdfield are winning the contested ball but doing not much with it, infact we are pretty awful all round

Hope Cripps plays

Speaking of backlines, thought Rowey had a "Barry Crocker" last week. Taken to town by the kid McStay both one-on-one & on a lead. Expect a big improvement from him today.

Speaking of backlines, thought Rowey had a "Barry Crocker" last week. Taken to town by the kid McStay both one-on-one & on a lead. Expect a big improvement from him today.

He's had a shocking year

I agree he doesn't seem to be playing well but there are so many gaps that our midfield are not filling playing back is a nightmare. Jammo has had the same experience this year as well. There has been a number of times where I have seen our defenders basically through their hands in the air to show their frustration with the lack of assistance they are receiving. Yet our own forwards are double or triple teamed. Same old story our mids not working in defence which makes our backline players look poor at times

I'm interested to see if Casboult can maintain his improvement and kick another 4 or 5 goals. Daisy should be better for last week's run and Yarren's finess will help a lot.
White and Carrazzo should make an immediate impact to the middle clashes too. Of the Kruzz's grunt will be the icing on the cake, soon .
Next couple of weeks will be about resetting the team structure and going forward with more confidence.
Mick will soon be able to present the team he'd like out there. Go Baggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back