Game Day Rnd 8 - Carlton v Brisbane Game Day 🏈

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a tease I never fall for it … geez Weiters has become very average
I think the scammers stole Weiterbot's operating system as well.

Lost this one on composure and ball use.

Got a lot more creative with usage of players. Silvagni taking marks down back, Docherty starting on a forward flank at times and getting a goal out of it.

Backline were Jekyll and Hyde. Missing easy targets, dropping easy marks, spoiling to dangerous spots, handballing to players with no space, handballing to empty space in front of Brisbane players....

But then for about 15-20 minutes they started looking like the best backline going around. Dragging down marks, pinpoint kicks into the corridor, rundown tackles.

And then they reverted to shite.

Midfield didn't set the world on fire but they cracked in both ways. Got beaten by a good midfield, which will happen sometimes. Pitto struggled - McInerney is just Tall-Pitto, quite possibly his worst match-up.

Forward line was starved of supply, but didn't do themselves many favours. Brisbane would be a great team to analyse and borrow from, even if we don't have the cattle to match them in that regard, we could certainly learn some valuable lessons about creating space, applying pressure, and then capitalising on turnovers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lads are going for the old 'Honourable loss'

Maybe I'm missing it ... only I'm not seeing any improvement on last season, especially seeing we have our good Players back

I think we just have to accept the fact that Brisbane are a quality unit and are playing for each other , a lot better than us.
We clearly lack a decent ruckman - pitto is just a battler to be fair. He doesn't give our midfielders the service they deserve .
I would give anything for a gawn , or mcinerney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back