Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel nothing, not numb, just nothing. Not disappointed or upset. Not invested, wondering if I've lost interest.
If you don’t want to tune in @ 1600 hours next Sunday, or sneak a peek, you probably have…

100% Baker knocked it out, was fairly paid. Shouldn't have done it as he landed a metre behind Dekoning then quickly cuts him off with enough force the ball didn't just spill out it actually flew a couple of metres. Was so dumb and unnecessary. Everybody knows the centre square is exactly 50m long but the cheating umpire gave him 60m. Funny we never get them paid that long. Baker stuffed up endlessly in the last quarter.
Just saw it, pretty *en soft 50. Would consider us extremely lucky if it was given our way.

Gutsy effort from all. The Gibcus injury is a disaster, no other way to look at it given our lack of young talent. Of all the players to lose, hes probably the last i would choose.

The loss hurts, but not end of the world given we arent in a premiership window anyway.

Must say Hopper and Grimes who I have been most critical of were very good tonight. Hopper set us up early in the game. The defence held up under siege in that 2nd quarter.

Bolton is disappointing, that fumble late when he looked through to score was very soft. For us to stay a finals chance he had to become 2017 Dusty. Hes a million miles off that level.

Gutsy effort from all. The Gibcus injury is a disaster, no other way to look at it given our lack of young talent. Of all the players to lose, hes probably the last i would choose.

The loss hurts, but not end of the world given we arent in a premiership window anyway.

Must say Hopper and Grimes who I have been most critical of were very good tonight. Hopper set us up early in the game. The defence held up under siege in that 2nd quarter.

Bolton is disappointing, that fumble late when he looked through to score was very soft. For us to stay a finals chance he had to become 2017 Dusty. Hes a million miles off that level.
premiership window is bullshite as afl/umps decide who to insert into a premiership window these days

meatball is cooked, time to hang up the boots, cant ask more than what he has given us.
I think we (BF) made a lot more sense this week than the club. Most of us here were of the view that Dion would be rested off the 5 day break. Seemed logical, and in hindsight they made a wrong decision.

I think we (BF) made a lot more sense this week than the club. Most of us here were of the view that Dion would be rested off the 5 day break. Seemed logical, and in hindsight they made a wrong decision.
They should have rested him after his last game last season .

As in rested him for life .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How!
Why!
Thoughts!
How did we get so close and should have won? Pickett SHT,JR SHT, Broad average,Dow just ok, Ross (what the fuss) horrible,Prestia SHT till he went off,Bolton never witnessed the worst performance by any player in VFL AFL history on money paid and reputation. Macca tries hard but.
Why a handful of players tried and held us together? Vlastin Super on his own held the backline with Rioly but yet again gave 2 goals away but that's just him. Nank was super all night, Hooper for all the criticism we give him was supper on their superstar captain WHO WINGES MORE THAN HE GETS KICKS.
Thought we would have been slaughtered before the game mainly cause our ins have been out for so long. Could have been slaughtered in the second quarter but somehow survived. Battled hard most of the night but same old mistakes, discipline cost us big time and yes Baker was stupid and he meant the bump which cost us the game. Think Balta if Lynch says strong will work out really well but we have to find 2 to 3 defenders as Gib will be gone now be 2 years out when he comes back. Crimes past it and Young can't handle the big boys. Who can help out Miller nahhh been there done that poor player! humm!!!
Overall delighted and devasted by the loss. Let's see if we can overcome it and play well next game. Yze can't fault him for the deals he was thrown.

Nank didn't look 100% but worked his way though. Midfield with no Prestia was good too, over 4 qtrs. Sonsie /KmacII as Sub ?

Pickett eh? good, bad and ugly.

Hate seeing us having to resort to Pickett rucking, he won one centre clearance.

2nd qtr the old problem of can't get the ball out of D50 for half the qtr.

The Gibcus/Young combo has not been great, I thought Broad and Grimes stepped up, maybe one tall Miller and Tresize.

the result was ultimately determined by the bog-ordinary 50 against Baker
Owies drops it = Carlton goal (robbed)
Baker not quick enough to get out the way = Carlton goal
Macintosh throws it = Carlton goal
Cripps throws it = Carlton goal
Umpires really s**t the bed this game for both teams. Brave game by you guys tonight and I’m not talking Essendone brave.

Glad we took the points but all things considered you guys deserved the win, injuries aside you would have. We were off today and you didn’t want to lose.

Both last quarters, v Brisbane and Tigers, umpires got Carlton over the line

Shouldn't we thank them for 3 premierships then?
it only started after covid

the afl went full wwe scripted . umpires control games

they are not umpires they are game controllers

it only started after covid

the afl went full wwe scripted . umpires control games

they are not umpires they are game controllers
They got caught red-handed more than a few times cheating last night so they tried to even up the frees count by giving us a few frees that weren't even there either, it was obvious as dogs' balls they favored the blooz. I wish we had the same umps from our magoos game earlier because they did a terrific unbiased job the entire game.

Back