Multiplat Rocket League

Remove this Banner Ad

Just had a ripper 2 v 2 match.

My team was down 0 - 3 within the first minute. I accidentally knocked a ball in to the goal while trying to defend it, and the two other goals were defence blunders.

Tried to mount a come back over the next minute nothing was working. But from 2:30 on the clock it all just clicked together. I did a really cool pass that my teammate converted into a goal. Then I scored a quick goal after play reset. But for the last 2 minutes, every shot I tried didn't go in.... Things were looking dire with 30 seconds left, I mounted one last shot with just seconds remaining.......... the end of the game should have happened as I hit one last shot out of hope as the time went 0. The opponent knocked it into his own goal to force over time.

Had only a few seconds to recover from the shock of leveling the match. Things went back and forth over the next 36 seconds, I managed to nudge the ball on a tight right angle, to score the match winning goal.

The following competitive solo match I played I won 5 - 0. Got lucky and matched up with someone new :D.

Scored 2 aerial goals on the Switch version last night. Fluked both (yet to do it on ps4/xbox/pc).

I can jump and knock balls in fairly easily..., its just leaping and using the boost after doesn't compute with me (I tend to boost first, jump then go for the ball).

Also aiming to better my winning percentage plus saves/assists/goals per game averages on the Xbox version.

Xtreme something that might help you with aerials:

Remember that you flip in any directions while in the air: good for extra power/ reaching for balls just out of reach.

I've learned to turn side on instead of diving 'straight' when defending harder shots at goal. Seem to get a few more saves that way.

I still struggle with my timing (both defending and attacking). While I time most jumps decently... I'll occasionally either hit jump a second too fast (or too slow). Usually when I lose my sense of direction and jump more in hope (thus the ball might hit my roof more often than the front or back of the car).

I play 3v3 more than 2v2 as in 2v2 despite playing for months my noobness with aerials is more exposed and my teammate cracks the sads lol. 3v3 I can focus on my strengths more (centuring the ball for teammates to score). Although I had a funny match last night where I scored 4 of my teams goals (other 2 were veteran ranked but had a disaster game). The other team still managed to catch up and win 5-4 in OT.

Have they changed the ranks %s for the new season? Just cracked plat 1, couldn't get past gold 2 previously and pretty sure I'm not playing any better lol

Early in the season it can be easier to get up a level or two more than your usual rank. I'm in the same boat, usually around gold 2/gold 3, but was plat for a bit early last season and got it again yesterday.

Scored 2 aerial goals on the Switch version last night. Fluked both (yet to do it on ps4/xbox/pc).

I can jump and knock balls in fairly easily..., its just leaping and using the boost after doesn't compute with me (I tend to boost first, jump then go for the ball).

Also aiming to better my winning percentage plus saves/assists/goals per game averages on the Xbox version.

Finally cracked 1000 aerial goals the other night :D.

2640 goals, 1042 aerial goals :D. On the PC version.

Stuck in Plat and losing my mind. 2 games straight I have been leading and my teammates drop out and I try for the win and end up having to leave when I get overrun. That is offset by what I assume is a Psyonix practical joke, where at Plat 4 and 5 pushing promotion. And my opponents are the same level but my teammates have been Gold 2 and s**t.

dpomvTw.jpg

My quest to improve my stats during the past week and a bit!

Work on your arial goals and your wins will go through the roof. Not sure what level you are on but I hover between Plat and Diamond atm but I am getting a goal every second game either due to people not being able to defend my arials properly, or due to people making bad turn overs in the goal mouth because they cant do arials and you get an easy tap in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1000 games and no aerial goals suggests you're not doing the best to improve... Even if your game suffers slightly in the short term, you'll hit a wall without being able to do them.

1000 games and no aerial goals suggests you're not doing the best to improve... Even if your game suffers slightly in the short term, you'll hit a wall without being able to do them.

As I said in a previous post I got 2 on the Switch (first time ever).

I've had the game for a fair while now and own it on every platform. The Xbox version is my most played (June last year). I'm only just starting to use the boost with defending goal attempts.

Also the goals I have scored have not all been along the ground. I can jump in the air and score goals, but like I said in another post it doesn't get counted as an aerial goal because I boost before I jump instead of accelerating like normal then boosting in the air after jumping.

Had a funny 2 v 2 match where I was being abused for being useless (the teammate wasn't that great as well... so it was amusing that he was going off at me). One example was where the opposition would hit the ball, I'd charge in on an angle..... and either clip the ball or miss it entirely.

He ends up leaving when we are 1 - 4 down. Straight after that I turn into a defending beast and blocked the next 6 attempts at goal!! If that had have happened before the guy quit he might not have been so angry!

Last edited:
but like I said in another post it doesn't get counted as an aerial goal because I boost before I jump instead of accelerating like normal then boosting in the air after jumping.
Aerial goals are decided by if you make contact with the ball whilst higher than the cross bar, nothing to do with when you boost or not. It's why you can get aerials by simply jumping off the wall.

Aerial goals are decided by if you make contact with the ball whilst higher than the cross bar, nothing to do with when you boost or not. It's why you can get aerials by simply jumping off the wall.

There's probably little chance of improving my skills if that's the case. I find the super aerial stuff too disorienting to fully grasp.

I just laugh at the fanbois with multiple accounts- had a couple of rounds with this one person doing allsorts of s**t and lower level -yeah right

You'd be surprised at people's skill levels though. I've managed to beat some "Veterans" that were highly skilled, just by doing the basics right :D.

I make my fair share of mistakes when playing 1 v 1, it's usually caused by leaving my goal exposed. Instead of defending in my half, I'll charge down to my scoring end, stuff up.... which then leads to the opponent getting an easy open goal. '

I spend the most time on the Xbox version, Switch would be the next. PC and PS4 lag behind, but that's because I'm not on them often enough. I don't know why but my game style is more suited to the Switch version, maybe it's the smaller screen ? But I'm able to pull off a lot more tricks and aerial moves on that platform. I also have a higher win percentage (just above 80%) and I've played across most match types.

You'd be surprised at people's skill levels though. I've managed to beat some "Veterans" that were highly skilled, just by doing the basics right :D.

I make my fair share of mistakes when playing 1 v 1, it's usually caused by leaving my goal exposed. Instead of defending in my half, I'll charge down to my scoring end, stuff up.... which then leads to the opponent getting an easy open goal. '

I spend the most time on the Xbox version, Switch would be the next. PC and PS4 lag behind, but that's because I'm not on them often enough. I don't know why but my game style is more suited to the Switch version, maybe it's the smaller screen ? But I'm able to pull off a lot more tricks and aerial moves on that platform. I also have a higher win percentage (just above 80%) and I've played across most match types.

Totally agree, I cop s**t coz I'm 140 on battlefield and people presume your a god at the game.This player if a "beginnner" will be top 2 in no time. I got a Gears mate that has seperate accounts so that as soon as they doing s**t will swap profiles to retain a better record

Most are unranked and just trying to get into a higher rank than they got placed originally

Yeah I'm Diamond 2 and the amount of unranked smurfs trying get into champ the easy way is stupid. I'd like to know how much they've spent on new accounts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back