Rookie Draft Pick 75: Clancee Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

All of the above and his consistency between games. Found it very hard to handle one good game consistently followed by a poor game. (Guess that makes him consistently inconsistent :confused:)

Yeh, we have had a long history of consistently inconsistent players. But due to having a very low ceiling in terms of output on the field (except for that one Bulldogs game which seems like a freak occurrence), JVB simply can't afford to do that.

At least with Clancee, he gives what he gives pretty much week in, week out and IMO is more versatile.

was referring to our picks in shepherd and sibosado from yesteryear rather than what we have selected in the last 2. but i wasnt very clear about that

I would much rather giving Clancee another go than go down the frustratingly fruitless path that was those two. He's obviously proven enough to Lyon et al. after being cut and he's also proven he can be a depth player at least and that's before the 'wakeup call'. Rather that than a pie in the sky magical tall that never makes it.

Clancee's no AFL knock out granted, but he can play a few different roles is normally a good kick (had a few brain fades last year true enough) and works hard. He's alright in my book.

Would much rather have had Gilligan who could fill a role for which we don't have an abundance of ready to go talent.
How many games will Clancee play next year:
0-3? Probably.
4-10? Unlikely.
11+? We're really in the 'nure.
How many games will MJ play next year:
0-10? Only if injured.
11-20? See above.
20+ Probably:eek:!

Would much rather have had Gilligan who could fill a role for which we don't have an abundance of ready to go talent.
How many games will Clancee play next year:
0-3? Probably.
4-10? Unlikely.
11+? We're really in the 'nure.
How many games will MJ play next year:
0-10? Only if injured.
11-20? See above.
20+ Probably:eek:!

Sheeet, we must in it to our knees. ;)

I think your hope, has come true :thumbsu:

Come on...you love a bit of Fish Pub
i like him
i just don't rate him.
i have tried 2 give him a go
he has been ok, but i believe that we have better options
so, i still reckon we could have done a lot better
i do appreciate that my opinion is in the minority, but that's life

i like him
i just don't rate him.
i have tried 2 give him a go
he has been ok, but i believe that we have better options
so, i still reckon we could have done a lot better
i do appreciate that my opinion is in the minority, but that's life

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion :thumbsu: In what areas do you think he struggles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Entitled to your opinion :thumbsu: In what areas do you think he struggles?
it's mainly his decision making.
he gets the ball ok & if he has time he is fine with his disposal, but put an ounce of pressure on him & his slow thinking causes plenty of stuff ups.
i suppose it is something inherent in the fella that can't be taught.
i reckon he has gotten the absolute most out his abilities & kudos to him 4 that.
it isn't as if he is a bad player, more that we have better.
IMO:footy:

I can think of half a dozen players with worse decision making than him in the side in a heartbeat. Personally, I don't see him make too many bad decisions. I never find myself saying "Man.. he's played a shocker of a game." ..But that's just me.

One thing I'm starting to love about Clancee is he always gloves those clutch marks in a one-on-one contest.

Just crashes those big hips into his opponent and holds the grab while they go down holding their ribs. Used to be handy when he was playing mid, but it's become invaluable since he switched to the back flank.

it's mainly his decision making.
he gets the ball ok & if he has time he is fine with his disposal, but put an ounce of pressure on him & his slow thinking causes plenty of stuff ups.
i suppose it is something inherent in the fella that can't be taught.
i reckon he has gotten the absolute most out his abilities & kudos to him 4 that.
it isn't as if he is a bad player, more that we have better.
IMO:footy:

Ridiculous comment.

Out of players in the AFL with more than 150 possessions he is top 4 for disposal efficiency.

I guess when you already hate a player you pay special attention to them and only notice their mistakes. However relative to other players, he makes a lot less mistakes than them. His decision making during games has been fantastic. Offers good run. Can get out of tight situations and is tough as nails.

Honestly thought he would re-gress this year or at least have guys go past him but he has improved again IMO, really going from strength to strength.
Excellent kick, strong mark and as hard a sa cats head. A more skilled Troy Cook for mine.

Clancee has shown great versatility.

In the WAFL he was a half back flanker, Freo asked for more and he developed his game to be a midfield option. Freo changes its mind and says we have a problem in defence now that McPhee has gone, Clancee (and Spurr) take on the position and now it is a case of McPhee who? (and I liked the way McPhee played).

He is a danger when he goes forward, and unlike some, you can back him in to kick the goal.

Believe me, some very high draft picks can't do much of the above - so whats not to love about Clancee:cool:

Hes my fave player for the dockers - great name, big body, hard at the ball, good in the air and great disposal. Interesting cartoons on his body & I'm surprised he doesn't have some sort of cult following at the club. He really is a good AFL player who seems to fly under the radar a bit - hopefully for you guys this year will be a premiership player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back