News Peter Ladhams departs for Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, the improvement has been dramatic, but only a fool would ignore how much he improved at the back end of last year.
Hayes getting injured with Lycett coming across may have been the only thing that saved him getting cut, you are the guy that wants to pick Frampton but still delist him right.. ahh fools indeed.

Hayes getting injured with Lycett coming across may have been the only thing that saved him getting cut, you are the guy that wants to pick Frampton but still delist him right.. ahh fools indeed.
I've explained this so many times but you seem to completely ignore it. Take off your blinkers. Frampton is a clone of a player like McKernan, an in between player, not tall enough or good enough to ruck, and unlikely to be good enough to play forward and succeed in the AFL. The important part of that is that he is UNLIKELY to be good enough to play AFL as a tall forward AND succeed. But you know what, we aren't going to find out whether he is good enough if he just sits in the SANFL. It's time to play him and see if he can translate that SANFL form to the AFL and become a threat. His lack of agility, pace and general ground ball work is the only reason he isn't getting picked, and is also the reason why he might not make it as a forward. However right now we have nothing to lose in giving him a crack. There's no point in delisting him at the end of the year without giving him a crack and you have to be kidding yourself if you don't think Frampton is on the list of the top 6 options for delisting.

I'm delisting in this order:

1. Hewett - Rookie list
2. McKenzie
3. Trengove
4. Broadbent
5. AJ
6. Frampton

Tell me who you think is getting into this list before Frampton.

Last edited:
I've explained this so many times but you seem to completely ignore it. Frampton is a clone of a player like McKernan, an in between player, not tall enough or good enough to ruck, and unlikely to be good enough to play forward and succeed in the AFL. The important part of that is that he is UNLIKELY to be good enough to play AFL as a tall forward AND succeed. But you know what, we aren't going to find out whether he is good enough if he just sits in the SANFL. It's time to play him and see if he can translate that SANFL form to the AFL and become a threat. His lack of agility, pace and general ground ball work is the only reason he isn't getting picked, and is also the reason why he might not make it as a forward. However right now we have nothing to lose in giving him a crack. There's no point in delisting him at the end of the year without giving him a crack and you have to be kidding yourself if you don't think Frampton is on the list of the top 6 options for delisting.

1. Hewett - Rookie list
2. McKenzie
3. Trengove
4. Broadbent
5. AJ
6. Frampton

He's 200cms! You lose all credibility when you say he's not mobile and agile for his size I'm sorry mate it's just absolute garbage, Ladhams is a better ruckman but Bill has never struggled in general play or below his knees it's just what you want to believe.
I've always thought he has decent forward craft & for his size has consistently shown he can beat a defender on a lead.. slow pfft.

I've explained this so many times but you seem to completely ignore it. Take off your blinkers. Frampton is a clone of a player like McKernan, an in between player, not tall enough or good enough to ruck, and unlikely to be good enough to play forward and succeed in the AFL. The important part of that is that he is UNLIKELY to be good enough to play AFL as a tall forward AND succeed. But you know what, we aren't going to find out whether he is good enough if he just sits in the SANFL. It's time to play him and see if he can translate that SANFL form to the AFL and become a threat. His lack of agility, pace and general ground ball work is the only reason he isn't getting picked, and is also the reason why he might not make it as a forward. However right now we have nothing to lose in giving him a crack. There's no point in delisting him at the end of the year without giving him a crack and you have to be kidding yourself if you don't think Frampton is on the list of the top 6 options for delisting.

1. Hewett - Rookie list
2. McKenzie
3. Trengove
4. Broadbent
5. AJ
6. Frampton

At this stage I agree I can't find someone that would be above Frampton in that list. So I hope we only cut 5 guys in that case.

He's 200cms! You lose all credibility when you say he's not mobile and agile for his size I'm sorry mate it's just absolute garbage, Ladhams is a better ruckman but Bill has never struggled in general play or below his knees it's just what you want to believe.
I've always thought he has decent forward craft & for his size has consistently shown he can beat a defender on a lead.. slow pfft.
So firstly you couldn't answer whose more likely to be delisted than Frampton.

Secondly Why hasn't he played more AFL then mate. Is it just because Ken is a big meanie?

You've lost all credibility when you can't critically analyse the obvious reasons why a player like Frampton is not picked. Your bias is blinding you and you only see what you want to. He's a young kid kicking goals in the SANFL and if he was all the things you think he is then he would've played far more than he has by now.

Dixon and Marshall are far more mobile and agile than Frampton, that's a fact, and that's half of the reason they get selected more often than not. They can apply more pressure, and are more creative by foot and hand with their work at ground level. Frampton is a mark clunker, that's his go, it's up to our coaches to see if he can translate that from SANFL to AFL.

Why hasn't he played more AFL then mate. Is it just because Ken is a big meanie?

You've lost all credibility when you can't critically analyse the obvious reasons why a player like Frampton is not picked. Your bias is blinding you and you only see what you want to. He's a young kid kicking goals in the SANFL and if he was all the things you think he is then he would've played far more than he has by now.

Dixon and Marshall are far more mobile and agile than Frampton, that's a fact, and that's half of the reason they get selected more often than not.
Have a listen to it lol He's not as mobile as Todd or Charlie in fact I've said that's why Ken won't play him with Ryder, Lycett, Westoff & Marshall all in the side but to say he's a big slow plodder who cant bend down until he's had a nanna nap and tea biscuit is utter bullshit.

At this stage I agree I can't find someone that would be above Frampton in that list. So I hope we only cut 5 guys in that case.

If Frampton isn't given an opportunity soon, safe to say thats the way he is heading. Kicking bags in the SANFL and the closest this to a replacement for Dixon we have and still getting ignored.

For what ever reason, the coaching staff don't want to give the Kid a chance.

If Frampton keeps kicking 4 goals a week, you'd think he'll buy himself another year, or we may find someone actually starts being interested in trading for him. However it's ignorant of some to think he's not in the delisting conversation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a listen to it lol He's not as mobile as Todd or Charlie in fact I've said that's why Ken won't play him with Ryder, Lycett, Westoff & Marshall all in the side but to say he's a big slow plodder who cant bend down until he's had a nanna nap and tea biscuit is utter ********.
FFS I'm not saying he's a slow plodder, I'm saying that he's possibly not up to the level of that required to be a successful AFL player.

You still haven't answered the question either.

FFS I'm not saying he's a slow plodder, I'm saying that he's possibly not up to the level of that required to be a successful AFL player.

You still haven't answered the question either.
What was the question? who am I delisting before the half way mark of the season? pretty stupid question.

What was the question? who am I delisting before the half way mark of the season? pretty stupid question.
Yeah great call, hope our list management staff are following your example and that they leave their list planning to the last couple weeks a year. I mean imagine the concept that you'd actually plan years in advance for drafts and list changes, I mean that sort of talk is just stupid right. And even more pointless that people on a forum would have opinions and make comments on that same future, you're so right and so wise. Let's all just wait until it all happens and not talk about it until then.

Yeah great call, hope our list management staff are following your example and that they leave their list planning to the last couple weeks a year. I mean imagine the concept that you'd actually plan years in advance for drafts and list changes, I mean that sort of talk is just stupid right. And even more pointless that people on a forum would have opinions and make comments on that same future, you're so right and so wise. Let's all just wait until it all happens and not talk about it until then.
Well I'm not delisting young talls with ability I'll just start there shall I.

Anyone who witnessed Ladham's effort in last season's final minor round game at Alberton against centrals could be forgiven for thinking as they were leaving the ground that he would have been one of the first players delisted.
He was very ordinary in that game, gave up front position virtually every time in ruck contests at boundary throw ins, and wasn't particularly effective in any marking contests or ground ball stuff either.

From memory he played a preseason AFL game last season ( but it may have been that `X' BS ) where he couldn't get near it, and although his improvement so far this season has been absolutely remarkable let's not jump the shark just yet and have him lining up for the Power before he is ready.