List Mgmt. Ross Lyon - Sacked

Is Ross still the man for the job?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just to confirm everything

I find this hilarious. Especially when I hear Hagdorn say such nonsense things as he has had these opinions for 4 years ... really Haggers?
So you were on the radio in 2015 when Freo were 9 wins 0 losses telling all, that Lyon had to go, were you?

And the most pathetic thing is, I now hear so called Freo supporters saying similar nonsense, like claiming Lyon has been poor for 4 years.

I hope all you Lyon haters now understand that the club you are signing up to has Haggers as your illustrious leader ... surely that in itself is enough to make you doubt your beliefs.

I find this hilarious. Especially when I hear Hagdorn say such nonsense things as he has had these opinions for 4 years ... really Haggers?
So you were on the radio in 2015 when Freo were 9 wins 0 losses telling all, that Lyon had to go, were you?

And the most pathetic thing is, I now hear so called Freo supporters saying similar nonsense, like claiming Lyon has been poor for 4 years.

I hope all you Lyon haters now understand that the club you are signing up to has Haggers as your illustrious leader ... surely that in itself is enough to make you doubt your beliefs.
That's a pretty long bow to draw. Stupid actually

You can love Freo and not love Ross without being told to **** off and support the Eagles

It's allowed
Yes I agree that you can do that...but your post said "Ross Lyon is not Freo"...he is at the moment and may well be for the next year or so....Hopefully longer from my perspective :)

Don't know enough about him, I have enough on my plate worrying about the one we have.
Having a lite-browse through other boards where they are discussing coaches is a sobering experience.

Adelaide is extremely anti-Pyke and not just because of last year's pre-season debacle. The majority of it reads like the bottom end of posts about Lyon. The other thing they are pretty consistent about is not wanting another rookie coach.

Haggers may be a flog but he's broken more stories about Freo in the last few years than any of us have on this board combined (which proves he has contacts in the club).

So when he mentions that they are also unhappy with Ross shouldn't that make you start to question whether the koolaid brigade aren't the ones thinking clearly and rationally about this?

Haggers may be a flog but he's broken more stories about Freo in the last few years than any of us have on this board combined (which proves he has contacts in the club).

So when he mentions that they are also unhappy with Ross shouldn't that make you start to question whether the intuitive brigade aren't the ones thinking clearly and rationally about this?

Fixed it.

So when he mentions that they are also unhappy with Ross shouldn't that make you start to question whether the koolaid brigade aren't the ones thinking clearly and rationally about this?
He has got a few right but he is a long way off earning gospel status. I doubt if anyone in at the club is happy with how we are performing at the moment. Reality is that for most journalist, and Hagdorn definitely included, they say things simply to get noticed and read. The click-bait mode rather than any adherence to integrity. Spark debate and get a headline regardless of substance. He and his ilk are also playing to specific audience, and he confirms their already formed opinions.

So let's say the unthinkable ( in your mind ) happens and your man Rosco gets the arse , there will be no ' it's a terrible mistake '
' what have we done ' or ' we should never have sacked Ross ' posts from you at the first sign of trouble during the new coaches tenure ?

Surely that would be similar to your idea of treason such as liking a ' coach killer post

Bull.s.h.i.t

Then there are people like me who rarely posts here for fear of getting **** on by fellow freo supporter for not towing to company line.
Seriously, whats getting dished up at the moment is un-watchable.
1740 posts in less than 2 years.... I'm not sure "that rarely posts" statement was worth putting in there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking clearly and rationally ... are you seriously going to claim that all Hagger's stories are correct, accurate and proven to be true?
He only has to be wrong once for me to be correct when I say his opinion is just that and possibly nowhere near the truth.
Haggers is a modern day journo who is less concerned about whether he is accurate or not and more focused on his pro-West Coast Eagles click bait and sprouting his biased subjective nonsense which he pretends to be factual when it has often been proven not to be.

The fact that you are even defending Haggers is further belly laughs for me and shows just how far the Lyon haters are prepared to sell their souls to support their anti-Lyon agenda.

So let's say the unthinkable ( in your mind ) happens and your man Rosco gets the arse , there will be no ' it's a terrible mistake '
' what have we done ' or ' we should never have sacked Ross ' posts from you at the first sign of trouble during the new coaches tenure ?

Surely that would be similar to your idea of treason such as liking a ' coach killer post

Bull.s.h.i.t
Well there wouldnt be from me...I can 100% guarantee you that. New coach ever comes, I will embrace him (or her!) and accept that my club (whom I love) have made the best decision in the interest of said club.

Disclaimer: the following is my own opinion.

Ross isn't going anywhere. He is more secure now than this time last year. He will be more secure this time next year than he is right now and with several lucrative offers on his desk. I just hope he picks the one with the Anchor on the front.

Freo is not going back down the bottom of the ladder for a LONG time now. He has done so much hard work and the defensive structures and mindset he is drilling into a young team, while not aesthetically pleasing right now (yes, I wanted to scratch my eyes out the last 3 weeks too), will hold them steady to fall back on in the future when things aren't going the team's way on game day.

When things click forward of centre, and they will, it will come together and we will have a sustained period of success.

Defensive structure must come before attacking mindset.

So..There is absolutely no denying our defensive structure are solid now, anyone arguing the opposite is just plain wrong so step 1 CHECK.

Now that this is done and it is ingrained,l as in players no longer have to thing about it. They will just know where to be naturally and the attacking mindset can come in and they can focus on it without suffering defensively.

We are on the precipice of a great period and I encourage you to get behind our coach and group now instead of next season, when it becomes awkward for you for being fair weather.

Dunno what you're smoking but its not legal.

Sober up before you post

Thinking clearly and rationally ... are you seriously going to claim that all Hagger's stories are correct, accurate and proven to be true?
He only has to be wrong once for me to be correct when I say his opinion is just that and possibly nowhere near the truth.
Haggers is a modern day journo who is less concerned about whether he is accurate or not and more focused on his pro-West Coast Eagles click bait and sprouting his biased subjective nonsense which he pretends to be factual when it has often been proven not to be.

The fact that you are even defending Haggers is further belly laughs for me and shows just how far the Lyon haters are prepared to sell their souls to support their anti-Lyon agenda.
Define Lyon haters?

Bull.s.h.i.t

Don't you dare go putting me in your basket of hoping for coach killing games.

When Harvey was sacked and Lyon was appointed. I didn't like it. But one of my first comments to friends was, but it's sport and if Lyon starts winning games, all will be quickly forgotten ... because I know how petty and fickle I can be ... just like other Freo supporters ... we are result driven.

The reason I am here defending Lyon, so often, is simply because many of the reasons I read for wanting him gone, I believe to be subjective nonsense. And far too often I have statistical knowledge which infers a very different situation to the narrative that the Lyon posters are stating as if absolute fact.

I think Ross is safe now, but if we go a few rounds without a win (I don't think this will happen) or get 2 or more 100+ beltings (Collingwood is looking like #1) then I imagine he'll be getting a stern look. He's safe but if he doesnt improve above 8 wins I'd be shaking in my boots if i was Ross

I meant in the Freo forum.
I'm willing to tip that Fat Yak is not a freo supporter, more likely either a trolling journo or an eagles supporter

You sure have a lot to say for someone claiming to rarely post and also tagging Fremantle as your club.

Probably forgotten which log in to use today

I'm willing to tip that Fat Yak is not a freo supporter, more likely either a trolling journo or an eagles supporter

You sure have a lot to say for someone claiming to rarely post and also tagging Fremantle as your club.

Probably forgotten which log in to use today

You just proved my point, cya kids.

Back