Review Round 1, 2016: Box Hill Hawks v Sandringham, 9 April 2016, 2.00pm @BHCO

Remove this Banner Ad

nLeVTAf.png

ZnXl3Km.png

Great, Hugh Goddard is playing for Box Hill now :D

I was super pumped when we landed Burton.

Massive X factor in the Tony Hall mound for those old enough to remember TH.

Fingers crossed he can get his body right and he will form a very exciting threesome with Gunners and Sicily for years to come.

Random question: Who is it that does the birdsong whistle each time BHH scores a goal? Is it a pre-recorded thing or a genuine whistle?

Is the whistle just a Box Hill thing?! I feel like there's been a whistler at every Hawthorn match I've been to since I was a kid! Who is this masked man or woman?

Random question: Who is it that does the birdsong whistle each time BHH scores a goal? Is it a pre-recorded thing or a genuine whistle?
Is the whistle just a Box Hill thing?! I feel like there's been a whistler at every Hawthorn match I've been to since I was a kid! Who is this masked man or woman?
Don't know his name, but its a bloke who always stands behind the Hawthorn/Box Hill ends at games and wears the same blue t-shirt all the time.

Don't know his name, but its a bloke who always stands behind the Hawthorn/Box Hill ends at games and wears the same blue t-shirt all the time.
Nicknamed The Whistler for obvious reasons. He is hard to miss. Absolute legend. Pretty sure the same dude set up a turntable and speakers at training at glenferrie oval when we were struggling in the 90s.

Nicknamed The Whistler for obvious reasons. He is hard to miss. Absolute legend. Pretty sure the same dude set up a turntable and speakers at training at glenferrie oval when we were struggling in the 90s.

Pretty sure Arthur actually did this in 2005 or at least early on in Clarkson's coaching tenure.

Never changes his outfit, rain, hail or shine. Always in the blue green tshirt.

He came up with the Whatavictory banner that used to be unfurled after Hawthorn wins.

It was, for the last couple of years, blue polo for HFC games and brown polo for the BHFC games, but maybe it's blue for the first game and brown for the second?

Arthur's a lovely bloke and the club does a lot of stuff to help him that goes uncredited.

Pretty sure Arthur actually did this in 2005 or at least early on in Clarkson's coaching tenure.

He came up with the Whatavictory banner that used to be unfurled after Hawthorn wins.
IIRC he did it several times when we needed a win. The players always seemed to respond well to it.

Arthur is a ripper. He changes ends each quarter so he can malign the opposition FB, can be pretty damn funny. Heaven help those that actually bite back at him. If I recall correctly, due to some quality sledging, he copped a smack from a relative of Steven Lawrence(?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, Arthur is THE man.
Never a dull moment with his whistling and his vitriolic abuse of opposition players, it just doesn't stop. Always have a joke with him about how early he brings out the "What a Victory" banner.

He's a legend, I've been on a few interstate trips with him over the years. We have little in common apart from Hawthorn but we always enjoy each other's company.

Ah, Arthur is THE man.
Never a dull moment with his whistling and his vitriolic abuse of opposition players, it just doesn't stop. Always have a joke with him about how early he brings out the "What a Victory" banner.

He's a legend, I've been on a few interstate trips with him over the years. We have little in common apart from Hawthorn but we always enjoy each other's company.
Had a mate nick named
"Dangerous " back in the late 80's ....he's now heavily involved with the Cantabury Cobras leaving Arthur to go it alone .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back