Preview Round 1 vs the Eagles 22nd March 4:40 AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Less than two weeks away boys and girls, can't bloody wait (Even if I'll likely be too scared to watch).

My crack at a round 1 team:

FB: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd May Hore
C: Langdon Oliver Tomlinson
HF: Fritsch Weid Bedford
FF: Browne TMac Melksham
R: Gawn Petracca Viney
I/C: Brayshaw Jones Harmes Lockhart

Assuming Salem misses and Vanders is injured ( :( ) I think thats close to as good a side as we can put out right now. Think Bedford might just edge Pickett for that small spot (Can see them both playing in the same side later in the year). Looks like the Eagles don't have many guys missing so will undoubtedly be a tough game, but I'm still backing us in to get the job done.

FB: Hibberd May Jetta
HB: Hore/Salem Lever O McDonald
C: Langdon Petracca Tomlinson
HF: Fritsch Weideman Spargo
FF: Melksham T McDonald Bedford
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Harmes Brayshaw Jackson Jones

vandenBerg in for Pickett/Bedford or Jackson if fit. Have seesawed on Jackson but I think they'll pick him - he somehow manages to impact so many contests in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. Doesn't provide much offensively and liable to look like he's done nothing, but give it two months in the senior team and I reckon he'll be genuine best 22 and the coaches will be planning for the same and invest now because he won't get the same growth in the VFL. But I'm also very happy for him to play there. Pickett I think will learn a lot in the VFL.

Not sure how to squeeze Lockhart in

Genuine question, but if there is a lockout due to corona virus, does this level the playing field a little?

I've always thought our boys like the us against them mentality when on the road, but will be interesting to know how both sides go with no atmosphere.

FB: Hibberd May Jetta
HB: Hore/Salem Lever O McDonald
C: Langdon Petracca Tomlinson
HF: Fritsch Weideman Spargo
FF: Melksham T McDonald Bedford
R: Gawn Oliver Viney

I/C: Harmes Brayshaw Jackson Jones

vandenBerg in for Pickett/Bedford or Jackson if fit. Have seesawed on Jackson but I think they'll pick him - he somehow manages to impact so many contests in ways that don't show up on the stat sheet. Doesn't provide much offensively and liable to look like he's done nothing, but give it two months in the senior team and I reckon he'll be genuine best 22 and the coaches will be planning for the same and invest now because he won't get the same growth in the VFL. But I'm also very happy for him to play there. Pickett I think will learn a lot in the VFL.

Not sure how to squeeze Lockhart in

No way on Jackson IMO.

Looks promising but will have ZERO impact against West Coasts elite talls.

Less than two weeks away boys and girls, can't bloody wait (Even if I'll likely be too scared to watch).

My crack at a round 1 team:

FB: Jetta OMac Lever
HB: Hibberd May Hore
C: Langdon Oliver Tomlinson
HF: Fritsch Weid Bedford
FF: Browne TMac Melksham
R: Gawn Petracca Viney
I/C: Brayshaw Jones Harmes Lockhart

Assuming Salem misses and Vanders is injured ( :( ) I think thats close to as good a side as we can put out right now. Think Bedford might just edge Pickett for that small spot (Can see them both playing in the same side later in the year). Looks like the Eagles don't have many guys missing so will undoubtedly be a tough game, but I'm still backing us in to get the job done.

Stop spelling Brown with an E, you campaigner, I always start wondering "who the * is that?". 😡

Takes me 30 seconds to realise you're just an illiterate.

I'll give my round 1 team my best schmuttè

Be: Jettae Maye Levere
HBe: Harmesë Horee Hibberdë
Cê: Langdonē Oliveré Thomlinsone
HFè: ANBe Petraccaê Fritsche
FFē: Weidé TMacë Melkshamë
Re: Gawne Vineyeë Brayshaweeeeeé
INTé: Jonese Lockhartè Bedfordè BROWN

I'll also be annoyed if they pick Jackson, he's a talent but he needs to play well in the VFL before he's even looked at.

He's so raw, there is no way he gets picked for round 1 with a pretty fit list.

I'll give my round 1 team my best schmuttè

Be: Jettae Maye Levere
HBe: Harmesë Horee Hibberdë
Cê: Langdonē Oliveré Thomlinsone
HFè: ANBe Petraccaê Fritsche
FFē: Weidé TMacë Melkshamë
Re: Gawne Vineyeë Brayshaweeeeeé
INTé: Jonese Lockhartè Bedfordè BROWN
G'day Roosy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** you reckon with the NBA news the season will start as it should. Of course round 1 is in Perth and I've got tickets😂😂
We're a couple of weeks behind Europe and northern Asia by virtue of distance. I think we will get the first round or two in before they lock out crowds.

Foxfooty stopping its commentators from flying. Who the * they got over here? Or will it just be watching on a couple screens over east

I see the merit in having empty stadiums, chartered flights for each team, limited contact with fans and media and even media not flying interstate for commentators. All sensible measures to flatten the curve.

But surely they can just be hyper-vigilant and make sure players who test positive isolate. Are the tests in short supply in Aus? Can they just test every player Friday morning every week?

It'll be a bleak middle of the year if there is no footy on... if the season goes ahead there could be recording breaking ratings for games with the atmosphere of an intraclub. Would be very strange.

I see the merit in having empty stadiums, chartered flights for each team, limited contact with fans and media and even media not flying interstate for commentators. All sensible measures to flatten the curve.

But surely they can just be hyper-vigilant and make sure players who test positive isolate. Are the tests in short supply in Aus? Can they just test every player Friday morning every week?

It'll be a bleak middle of the year if there is no footy on... if the season goes ahead there could be recording breaking ratings for games with the atmosphere of an intraclub. Would be very strange.

My year will get a lot cheaper not having to fly south 5 times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back