Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes a free agent next year which is when the club has indicated we will be exploring free agency. I suspect that we have been in his ear for a long while now.
You would hope that we have got our sh1t together and are playing finals in 2025 as i cant remember any player moving to a crap club just for money

And part of the coaching group's responsibility is to get Max to do what the team needs him to do.

It's Max's responsibility too. But if it is not the coaches' responsibility as well, I don't know why we have coaches.

Agree it’s “team work”

Hopefully Max does too.

Maybe he needs to get angry, maybe instead of waving that boney finger of his for a goal celebration like the Royals wave in a motorcade, maybe he should clench his fist and punch his chest with angry gritted teeth.

This is up to him really to dig himself out though.

If you're being positive while Premo has now fallen into negativity, its fair to say this place has gone completely to the dogs.
Premo had to be one of the most positive posters on here........if not the most positive.

I used to wonder what Premo "was on"

;) ;)

Looks like Caminti will be in. Both Hayes and Membrey were on the B team so maybe both are dropped.

Paton was playing as a small forward on the A side so a role change for him.

Steele looked great today. Seems to be over the knee issue.

Stocker trained separately. Likely out you'd think. We had Sinclair splitting time between mid and defence so might not bring in a direct replace if he is out.

Crouch looked good - almost a bit slimmer than earlier in the year. Clark also looking good in the middle with some nice clearances.

King with some good contested marks in the drills/match sim.

As another poster already said, Phillipou is such a hard worker and is doing everything in how power to overcome the form slump. It will turn for him with the amount of effort he puts in.
Couple of snippets:

Match sim - seemed to me the focus was a long kick to get it in - but they were also very quick entries - definitely not slow

As others have noted RTB front and centre today running the show

I thought the intensity was good (unlike some others - who knows?)

Crouch moving well

Steele looked very good

Keeler - starting to develop nicely - certainly athletic & can leap - was clearly the best at practice marking with the guy with the bag - obviously needs to keep improving his strength - but I am much more positive about his progress

Ari & Butts working together on laps and drills

Wood spent time at the end talking to Owens providing some advice.

Wheadon I think helping with goal kicking - using a blue tape to ensure they run in straight to the target (wish they were training this pre season!). Owens did some extra goal kicking at the end.

Then the coaching staff needs to find a different way to tell him so he does do it.
This!!!
Coaching is all about making your players do what you want "instinctively".
There is no time in a footy game for players to stand around saying ..."now.... what was it they told me i should do".

Couple of snippets:

Match sim - seemed to me the focus was a long kick to get it in - but they were also very quick entries - definitely not slow

Crouch moving well

Steele looked very good

Keeler - starting to develop nicely - certainly athletic & can leap - was clearly the best at practice marking with the guy with the bag - obviously needs to keep improving his strength - but I am much more positive about his progress

Wheadon I think helping with goal kicking - using a blue tape to ensure they run in straight to the target (wish they were training this pre season!). Owens did some extra goal kicking at the end.
Did you happen to catch what the big cheer down by the gate was about?

It was for a long long time supporter named Reggie.

He turned 90 today.......god knows how long he's been a member.

Imagine all the absolute disasters he has witnessed over the years.

His wife is always there at training too.

It was great that all the players and support staff gathered around to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Steely made a heart rendering speech and presented him with a card.

It was very very touching stuff.

Couple of snippets:

Crouch moving well

Steele looked very good

Couldn’t agree more re Keeler. I’ve never seen such a smooth mover for someone his size. He can’t be that far off.

If anyone used to watch that show "Jailbreak" years ago......their was a guy in it(he was the chief Potatoe of the crime syndicate)........who looked exactly the same as Reggie when I first noticed Reggie around the club several years ago.

After Steely finished his rousing speech......I said to the guys next to me that if I get to that age.....you have my permission to shoot me.

They replied "we can't shoot you"

Ok....put a pillow over my face....it will take the CSI team longer to figure out what happened.

;) ;) ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was for a long long time supporter named Reggie.

He turned 90 today.......god knows how long he's been a member.

Imagine all the absolute disasters he has witnessed over the years.

His wife is always there at training too.

It was great that all the players and support staff gathered around to wish him a Happy Birthday.

Steely made a heart rendering speech and presented him with a card.

It was very very touching stuff.
Outstanding stuff.

Couldn’t agree more re Keeler. I’ve never seen such a smooth mover for someone his size. He can’t be that far off.
Absolutely agree there Ads.

I got to the fence very late in the piece today.....but his marking over the "big bag" was a delight to watch.

Took 4 in a row...........I nearly said "wow" but ....it's still very very early.

I'm loathe to go too early with calls.....I don't usually get egg on my face......it's usually a large omelette.......with a light sprinkling of soy sauce.

;););)

He's one that we got right, and I minced no words when I said he could replace the Bing dreams in our set ups for 2x 2m KPF with agility and such.

Just you know, he's a child in terms of footy and barely there in meat to be a Ruck/KP combo at the level, so it's a time thing and making him feel comfortable in defense to read plays and see plays.I'd be pissing Membrey, Sharman, Hayes off on the next chance if Keeler could come in and stand ground. Our F50 wouldn't then look so stagnant and reactive, it'd pop and be dynamic, just bring in the smalls and mids to field the spilled ball option.

Glad to see others are seeing what I do re Keeler, still a work in progress but the development is visible in my opinion.

Lot of fair criticism on player development, I feel it won't be directed towards Keeler, I think his move down back is paying dividends. Still requires physical development but is getting there.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sounds like Clark and Hammer in from the press conference. Dow maybe, Pou maybe.

Crouch to play VFL.
If the Hammer comes in it’ll be good to see him crack a game through a bit of form rather than injury.
Could be wrong but I think it would be the first time.

Couple of snippets:

Crouch moving well

Steele looked very good

The amount of players that do their run up all wonky and then wonder why the ball goes everywhere never ends

Glad to see others are seeing what I do re Keeler, still a work in progress but the development is visible in my opinion.

Lot of fair criticism on player development, I feel it won't be directed towards Keeler, I think his move down back is paying dividends. Still requires physical development but is getting there.

Agreed. As I said I’d love to see him get a game for his own development especially if our season is shot. In addition I think he’s one who could be better at AFL level under the roof. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the speed of hos growth since moving down back.

Both he and shoey could be very valuable.

Specifically re Keeler though due to his skill and athleticism, being able to intercept and the immediately launch off hb could change the dynamic of our backline.

Agreed. As I said I’d love to see him get a game for his own development especially if our season is shot. In addition I think he’s one who could be better at AFL level under the roof. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with the speed of hos growth since moving down back.

Both he and shoey could be very valuable.

Specifically re Keeler though due to his skill and athleticism, being able to intercept and the immediately launch off hb could change the dynamic of our backline.
well Mac Andrew is no heavyweight and he is playing well in the ones off HB

Absolutely agree there Ads.

I got to the fence very late in the piece today.....but his marking over the "big bag" was a delight to watch.

Took 4 in a row...........I nearly said "wow" but ....it's still very very early.

I'm loathe to go too early with calls.....I don't usually get egg on my face......it's usually a large omelette.......with a light sprinkling of soy sauce.

;););)
And by soy, I’m assuming you mean Worcester sauce? 🤣

And by soy, I’m assuming you mean Worcester sauce? 🤣
DS.....Worcsester sauce is good....but I mean your base soy sauce.

Or sweet soy sauce or even Kecap Manis on an omelet or scrambled eggs really gives a great sharp taste to things.

This. He's like a different player down back! Had a couple of games where he's been in everything with the odd quiet patch, rather than the other way around (as it was down forward for him). Would love to see him up forward again in about 6 or games from now.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back