Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kind of disappointing that I have to come here and say this but if you're one to make light of mental health issues, or shame people for suffering from them, you'd best keep it to yourself and ideally go and educate yourself. Absolutely not on.

Anyway, some surprising changes this week - particularly having so many of them. Don't mind it though - Caminiti, Jones and Sharman earned a recall. Dow, Collard and Phillipou were probably quieter overall but don't mind seeing them all in. Hopefully Dow is one who's more likely to produce at AFL level than in the VFL, been keen to see what he can add to the team.

I don't know who else I'd choose but I hope Collard doesn't start as the sub. I really just wish they'd piss the sub rule off entirely.

Sadly there’s cretinous individuals who wear RWB scarves too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks rusty, he used to get massive numbers in the VFL once. He's hardly touching the ball at the moment.

I think he ended up missing a decent chunk (2 months?) of the pre season. Probably just struggling for fitness. (I hope haha).

Decent game this week and maybe he ain't dropped for the rest of his career. Am I expecting too much? Yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is this Ben Long fellow kicking goals?

Jones was actually one of the only ones actually having a go for most of the game on Sunday.
Collard looked ok when he finally decided to get involved in the last quarter.
Poo tries to be a formula midfielder, when he started to play his own game he looked the goods.
Dow was just steady.
Hammer was good but was so dumb not to learn from everyone else’s shots on goal and allow for the wind. Could have easily had six.

Not at all mate, I think it’s important we have balanced criticism directed at our players and if we’re going to sink the knives in, I’ll point it out.
Keep up the good fight, the internet needs more of your type of vigilance...I'll keep an eye out for the knives and let you know if I see any. ✊

Ben King, 2 touches, 0 goals to HT.

Yet the Suns have kicked 11.

Imagine if we didn’t need to rely on Max to kick a score. Imagine if the rest of the team shared the load.

The axe has been swung, I like it. This team looks way more dynamic than what we've been dishing up so offence is clearly the word.

Jones stood up big in the second half at Sandy, as did Dow and Phillipou, so don't mind rewarding that for selection integrity. Collard seems a bit more of a desperation in, hopefully he can play a full game and kick a few snags though. Starts and ends in the midfield.

I agree changes needed to be made and the players who come out deserved to be dropped, but not many of the replacements deserved a call up IMO.

*Jones gave plenty of drive and energy but is kicking efficiency was horrible.
*Dow played well in the 2nd half, so perhaps the coaches are gambling on him being a better version at AFL level.
*Caminiti played well but his kicking on goals let him down.
*Sharman contested well, played a blinder the week prior.
*Phillipou looked better as the game went on, surprised they didnt give him another week in the VFL.
*Collard was unsighted, simply doesnt deserve his game. Again perhaps he is a player who will look better at the higher level.

For me unless the above really turn it on at AFL level, it will be rinse and repeat next week.

I agree changes needed to be made and the players who come out deserved to be dropped, but not many of the replacements deserved a call up IMO.

*Jones gave plenty of drive and energy but is kicking efficiency was horrible.
*Dow played well in the 2nd half, so perhaps the coaches are gambling on him being a better version at AFL level.
*Caminiti played well but his kicking on goals let him down.
*Sharman contested well, played a blinder the week prior.
*Phillipou looked better as the game went on, surprised they didnt give him another week in the VFL.
*Collard was unsighted, simply doesnt deserve his game. Again perhaps he is a player who will look better at the higher level.

For me unless the above really turn it on at AFL level, it will be rinse and repeat next week.

Unless the AFL allow us to have a huge increase on our list size the method of "drop the losers" is garbage.
The method should be ," train the players not to be losers."

Couldn’t agree more re Keeler. I’ve never seen such a smooth mover for someone his size. He can’t be that far off.
That is hope right there…..I don’t want to over do it but geezus …IF a kid like that just clicks, lives up to potential….the difference to our future becomes massive..
Please god let it be so..
I also previously told my kids that the White kid who used to play for us was the next Buddy…so I should learn …

Last edited:
Dow probably would have picked up 25 touches this week in the VFL as he builds back his fitness and form. Might as well play him in the seniors and take the 15 disposal game.

Jones brings energy - or as Richo would have said - effort. I really hope they play him as the pressure forward to pressure Freo defenders into mistakes. He won’t - and wherever else they play him, his turnovers will just kill us.

Hammer had 8 shots on goal which as much as you can ask from a key forward at VFL level and deserves another crack. I hope he gets reward for effort.

Collard and Pou selections I just don’t get.

Would really like to see King start to get 5 mins a quarter in the ruck. No more trying to protect him - he just isn’t delivering enough impact to protect. Get him involved around the ball and around the ground. He probably gets slaughtered as a 2nd ruck , but that’s no different to our other 2nd ruck options this year.

Lyon is in desperation mode.
Or maybe realistic mode.
No need to try and play a settled team each week. Rotate players. Try things. Give the new kids a decent go …,

And land up with a top 4 midfielder pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back