Preview Round 10, 2024: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium - Saturday 18th May, 7.30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben King, 2 touches, 0 goals to HT.

Yet the Suns have kicked 11.

Imagine if we didn’t need to rely on Max to kick a score. Imagine if the rest of the team shared the load.

Yeah I thought the start of last year would have fast tracked it. But I guess max not being in the team is also detrimental to the team learning to not use him ...

If we ever come good it's when max and the team learn to use other avenues. Max burning collard twice in R1 seems such an apt description of our problems in hindsight

Get Matt Rowell....we win a premiership

That was about it. But he might just be the type to turn it on at the highest level. Some players are like that.
I'm really hoping this is the case and think it's a fair chance too! Just the sort we've been missing for ages, JH a different type of small.

Selecting the team based on form hasn't been very successful this year, so I see we have decided to adopt a new strategy! :drunk:

The Adventures Of Pete And Pete 90S GIF

Just a quick one on Max King ( not sure if this has been discussed) I watched most of the last q again on replay and was stunned to see that at one stage I think wood had it on the 50 m line and all Max had to do was double back into a heap of space about 40 out directly in front . But instead he chose to keep moving into heavy traffic into the forward pocket area . Eventually the ball came in and went thru for a point? I think . Just zero forward craft . Almost like he didn’t want it . Like I said I was stunned to see that .
If only a 900 goal key forward would offer to help him

Or if only a favourite son of the club and key forward known for his second, third and fourth leads would get down to the club and offer some advice

Let's see.
Ross, Stocker and Membrey are out of form.
Sharman deserves a recall, Dow simply must play, Pou I'm not so sure about.
Lance for Hastie as a forward is sensible.
Hammer for Hayes is interesting but rewarding a good vfl performance and playing youth over a fragile senior.
It's a lot all at once but there's an imperative to shake things up and it's geared towards offence.

I’m absolutely flabbergasted Collard has been selected. Mind boggling. RTB may have actually lost the plot.
Hope he goes well btw but Wow Wee. Really?
We had absolutely NO presence at ground level last week. Lance got all the hallmarks of just being a MUCH better player at AFL than VFL. Reckon we just need to let him have a long leash and make mistakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collard has that Cyril Rioli vibe where he will come in at AFL level and produce some massive highlights but never exceed at the level below. May as well give him a full game up forward this week before Higgins returns and see what he can do. We really missed a small forward last week.

Of all the selections, the one that surprises is Pou. Thought one more game in the midfield for Sandy would have been beneficial.

Really glad to see a team without Membrey and Ross in it.

King leading the coleman and 8 games consecutively of 2 or more goals. Just not our King but it must be both mental and our s**t delivery. Let's sort that out.
I think it helps when you’re surrounded by top 10 draft picks and academy players
Lukosious and Humphrey kicked a lazy 5 each tonight….
Midfield constantly pumped footy forward
Our King has Membrey Hayes Caminiti as his support upfront and no midfield…
Kinda matters..

Well if that plan is to build a team without at least two gun mids, then he is trying to build a race car with a lawn mower for an engine.

It might look flash, but it is only ever going to crawl along.
Yeah but he can’t control that, so prepare like it’s a race car.

King leading the coleman and 8 games consecutively of 2 or more goals. Just not our King but it must be both mental and our s**t delivery. Let's sort that out.
World of difference in class between the Suns and us.
Max would be just as good there with the players around him that Ben has.

I have been baffled by selection most of the year. I understand our depth is poor, and blokes needed to be dropped, but the messaging seems all over the shop. Phillipou goes back, plays one average VFL game and it's enough to earn a recall. You've got collard getting picked via a 4 possession 1 tackle game, jones will come back in, frustrate the hell out of us and Ross, and will be back out next week.. the list goes on. On top of all this, surely we aren't "managing" all of Ross, membrey and stocker. If they are omitted, surely let that be known? Hayes was arguably our best player the week before, plays a poor second game and he is straight out of the side? I really can't work out what's going on this year.

So we're not as big up forward as it depends on mix ups at any single time.
Caminiti taller than Hayes.

Sharman taller than Membrey and either he or Battles takes Members slot.

Pou back...so he will float around the forward line again. Plus we still have Owens.

That makes us taller up forward this week.

Our ins and outs look gross to me

The defence will hold up as always
Mids no improvement, Dow didn't earn it, Steele will have to carry again
Forward line will get picked off by Pearce, Ryan and Clark

The players on the bench not named Webster are lucky to be playing

Whatever the result i would like to see our forwards put down some defensive pressure. Spoil, run, chase, tackle yada yada. At the moment we are easiest team for opposition defenders to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back