Game Day Round 10 Adelaide vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Can put a man on the moon... can't tell if the ball hits the post

More goal umpires isn't the solution either. We've seen with the field umpires that doubling the number of umpires has just made the decisions twice as stupid.

If the ball hit the post hard enough to make a sound that a boundary umpire standing 10 meters away could hear, wouldnt you expect there to be a decent impact on the balls trajectory/spin?

If it just barely touched the post such that the influence on the balls movement wasnt apparent then how could it have made enough of a noise for the boundary umpire to hear it over the crowd?
Look at the way the ball was spinning it was a good drop punt and it just shaved the side so it didn't change its rotation. If you watch the replay and watch the post up higher you can see it move. When I saw it on tv when he first kicked it it looked a goal but on replay not.

Look at the way the ball was spinning it was a good drop punt and it just shaved the side so it didn't change its rotation. If you watch the replay and watch the post up higher you can see it move. When I saw it on tv when he first kicked it it looked a goal but on replay not.
i noticed the post appear to move a little also but in my opinion there wasnt anything in the movement of the ball to indicate contact with the post.

It may well have hit the post but what im annoyed about is procedure that took place to get to that decision.

The goal umpire right underneath it called it a goal. I dont think that the boundary umpire 'hearing' it over the crowd on the other side of the point post when it didnt impact the post enough to affect the movement of the ball to the point where it was conclusive on review is enough certainty to overrule a goal umpire standing right underneath it and who you would assume being closer would have had a better chance to hear it but didnt.

i noticed the post appear to move a little also but in my opinion there wasnt anything in the movement of the ball to indicate contact with the post.

It may well have hit the post but what im annoyed about is procedure that took place to get to that decision.

The goal umpire right underneath it called it a goal. I dont think that the boundary umpire 'hearing' it over the crowd on the other side of the point post when it didnt impact the post enough to affect the movement of the ball to the point where it was conclusive on review is enough certainty to overrule a goal umpire standing right underneath it and who you would assume being closer would have had a better chance to hear it but didnt.
Yep agree the process was shithouse, but the ball doesn't have to change its spin. It did move line slightly after grazing the post. I have no idea how the boundary umpire heard anything let alone could say he was 100% sure it hit

You are aware that, somewhat bizarrely, we actually won 3 of the 4 quarters?
Q1: Adelaide by 10pts
Q2: Freo by 21pts
Q3: Adelaide by 3pts
Q4: Adelaide by 1pt

We had more I50s (52-44) and more scoring shots (19-16). We had more hitouts (61-38), clearances (46-43) and contested possessions (181-172). Statistically, Adelaide were the better team and deserved to win. We were certainly not "mauled" by a "far better side". That's just overly negative rubbish.

Adelaide lost this game because of two reasons - our kicking for goal remains woefully inaccurate (42% not counting shots which failed to register a score), and poor coaching which saw Freo continually able to kick cheap goals from out the back of the pack - goals which a high school football coach would have prevented from happening.

Fix those two problems and we would have won the game by 7-8 goals. Failure to address those issues resulted in a 7pt loss, despite being the better team on the day.

Your posts could easily be way shorter if you just said the main stuff. We were out-coached, everything else was there.

Sando isn't a sophisticated thinker. Beauty of having Bails in there giving him the good oil. I miss his oil.

Your posts could easily be way shorter if you just said the main stuff. We were out-coached, everything else was there.

Sando isn't a sophisticated thinker. Beauty of having Bails in there giving him the good oil. I miss his oil.
I had no idea so many BF posters got to sit in the coaches box every week to analyse Sandersons coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back