Game Day Round 11, 2019: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought i already had the sh*ts before watching that atrocity!
I now have violent diarrhoea!

Much in keeping with the brain capacity of most of our players!
We seriously know how to make dumb look easy!
Just a putrid attitude all round. A stinker in every way!
Clearly my arse knew in advance, as the football we are playing is totally poo worthy! :poo:

I thought poet would win this one going into it but honestly I thought it would be tight not this. Selection commmitee got this weeek horribly wrong imo
Why Joyce and young r in is baffling

We can blame that but we could also blame the senior players not touching it. Where are they. I think this is the players doing.

Joyce, Phillips, Young are not AFL standard and must be dropped. Sinclair has been deplorable as well. Geary looks like he has come in a week too early. Our mids are having no impact, Steele and Ross not doing enough. Savage looks well off the pace and probably should have been rested for Hind or Paton. Our backline looks completely without structure. Our goal kicking has been a ******* disgrace for too long.

Other then that, we're doing ok.

Phillips looks like he's having a go at least the others are shit and not even trying. Steele isn't the player we hoped, Sinclair pronbably lucky he re contracted when he did. He's VFL standard. Make Andrew McQualter look like a world beater.

The quality of the melts in here tells me a lot of people need a reality check to re-evaluate their expectations.

We are staring down the barrel of an 80 point loss against a middling team. I thought we were middling ourselves but we look more like a bottom four side again. A decent start to the year papered over the cracks. Sack Richo

Port's average accuracy this year: 48%
Port's accuracy this week: 80%
While they have got a lot of great goals from angles, part of that percentage is reflective of our defenders letting them get out the back right in front of goal. At least half of their goals I reckon have been from less than 15 metres out. They were some of the first goals, so the later harder goals were kicked without pressure.

They have got a lot of great goals from angles but part of that is reflective of our defenders letting them get out the back right in front of goal. At least half of their goals I reckon have been from less than 15 metres out. They were some of the first goals, so the later harder goals were kicked without pressure.

Agree, but we've had similar chances and have missed them badly.

With Joyce to be replaced by Carlisle, Young by Lonie, Coffield by Webster, and any 2 underperforming mids for Steven and Hannebery; these games shouldn’t happen going forward.

In saying that, if this match keeps blowing out, then I doubt even every one of them would stop this.

Unless we are severely affected by food poisoning that is the most insipid performance of the season easily.
Getting out worked inside and outside the contest so badly!
So many brain fades costing goals and we keep missing absolute sodas, it is ****ing disgusting and deflating.
So close to turning this shit off, but I won’t, because I still have ****ing hope of a second half come back because I am an idiot.

Joyce, Phillips, Young are not AFL standard and must be dropped. Sinclair has been deplorable as well. Coffield looks out of it and the great attributes that he showed last year seem non-existent. Geary looks like he has come in a week too early. Our mids are having no impact, Steele and Ross not doing enough. Savage looks well off the pace and probably should have been rested for Hind or Paton. Our backline looks completely without structure. Our goal kicking has been a ******* disgrace for too long.

Other then that, we're doing ok.
Retcho: screwing players development since 2013. Seriously, how do you stuff up the development of Sinclair and Coffield? If you just left them alone, standing in a paddock since they were drafter, they'd develop better than this.

We look absolutely horrible. Doesn't really surprise. It's like the Power have 4 more players on the field.
First time I've seen Young play. Wow Wee.
Last line of defence is an absolute shambles. They've kicked the same goal at least 5 times.
So many passengers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it's our home game why were Port allowed to play their INXS song? Why did we sell our home game to play against the club who has played there twice already? Just a couple of small questions I'd ask.

The jokes about Hinkley poisoning Richo would've been funny if he actually hadn't been food poisoned...

As for the game, Young and Joyce are really struggling. Phillips can't kick and our ability to kick the ball to our advantage is non existent. I love Coff but don't understand not playing Clark, Geary looks to be struggling for match fitness.

I didn't expect to win with the health issues on our list, but it seems we don't have a game plan anymore. Completely lost control of the game out there. The bye cant come soon enough, especially for guys like Bruce and Roma who look to be due for a rest.

Hopefully we show some fight in the second half, Webster, Hanners, King, Clark, Paton, Jake, Lonie, Mac, among some of the names missing who will surely give us some hope in the second half of the year

Our goal kicking is worst in the competition since last 2/3 years

Long bombing since last 3/4 years

Nothing has changed.

Our players are too soft.

All the teams have started playing better since going down except Carlton and Saints.
Soft isnt the word for it. For so many years even as a 5 year old going to moorabin with the old man we lost with pride and we won with pride. Now we are just so ****ing pissweak its disgusting.

This is actually our level.. When we couldn’t pressure the opponents into making mistakes, and the opposition can apply pressure well.. our poor skill level/organisation gets really exposed.. Pl

9 players under 25 games probably doesn't help

Also missing 8 first choice players: Steven, Hannebery, Carlisle, Roberton, Webster, Lonie, Acres, McKenzie

2 more of them are playing quite injured: Geary and Savage

I think what this year's shown is that we have little depth, no idea if it says anything at all about the coaching tbh

Thoughts from the game so far. It's bloody hot. I'm baking in the sun.
Port pressure is way better than ours. They are spreading better than us and prepared to sacrifice for each other. We just seem to be going through the motions.
Zero tackles inside our forward 50 in a half of football is pathetic.
There is more atomosphere on Mars than at this game!

With Joyce to be replaced by Carlisle, Young by Lonie, Coffield by Webster, and any 2 underperforming mids for Steven and Hannebery; these games shouldn’t happen going forward.

In saying that, if this match keeps blowing out, then I doubt even every one of them would stop this.

It will be too late by the time they come back. Pretty sure we will lose to GC next game and Brisbane after that. Our easy run seems to be looking a lot harder all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back