Preview Round 12 2020, North Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium, Saturday August 15 2:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would've liked to see Hinge get a go given we're heavy favourites, but it's probably a better idea to let Lester get back up to speed so he's ready to play against St Kilda.

I could be wrong, but would imagine he's likely to make way for Rich next weekend - unless one of our other defenders (Starce, Witho, Noah, Birchall) turns in a very poor performance tomorrow.

I could be wrong, but would imagine he's likely to make way for Rich next weekend - unless one of our other defenders (Starce, Witho, Noah, Birchall) turns in a very poor performance tomorrow.
I suspect it'll be Witho actually. I can see Butler and friends ripping us to shreds if we play both Witho and Birchall.

Surprised with the CEY omission - thought his frame would be important over a likely wet ball, work him hard and rest him next week against a slicker outfit.
Mathieson must be doing the right things behind the scenes.

Surprised with the CEY omission - thought his frame would be important over a likely wet ball, work him hard and rest him next week against a slicker outfit.
Mathieson must be doing the right things behind the scenes.
Same here but we've shown we manage CEY this way and who knows if they're trying to manage his load given he had recent soft tissue, but toiled when required recently. If ever there was a bloke who more closely resembled a bull at a gate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to see Matho get another shot . Really don't know what to make of CEY . Really read the game well and got himself into great positions to win the ball last week many times but just didn't finish off with basic skills. Still did some handy bullocking work. I presumed he wasn't right and maybe carrying something.

This is the sort of game where Lester will be handy.

To each their own. I think he's an annoying blowhard and I crack a smile whenever I see he's been suspended.

I like a few annoying blowhards. In some ways he is a caricature of the impossibly biased supporter and I cannot take him too seriously. I would like him sitting behind me at a game though. Can't push the ignore button at the MCG.

That was a bizarre game. Maybe that experience was a good lesson for us in that when the game turns against you you need to work really hard at locking it in and slowing things down.

We thought we were all over them and once mental relaxation sets in you suddenly find yourself unable to get hold of the ball.

I think even if we're not good enough we're going to be far better prepared when we play Geelong and Richmond again.

That was a bizarre game. Maybe that experience was a good lesson for us in that when the game turns against you you need to work really hard at locking it in and slowing things down.

We thought we were all over them and once mental relaxation sets in you suddenly find yourself unable to get hold of the ball.

I think even if we're not good enough we're going to be far better prepared when we play Geelong and Richmond again.
Might be getting ahead of myself, but would prefer Lions to play Port rather than Richmond or Geelong in the semi.

If it wasn’t for one quarter vs Geelong we’d be playing to go one game clear at the top of the ladder tomorrow.
Pretty significant quarter though. It's a measure of how far we still have to go. Still, I like your positive spin. We have now won off 4 day breaks... we need to keep improving and win at least one final this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back