Prediction Round 12, 2024: Changes vs St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Barrass doing okay? I saw something about that he was injured?

Is it a possibility to have Allen come in as a KPD? Waterman is relishing the role of key forward and with Cripps, Ryan, Darling, 2 x Williams etc around him I feel we do have enough firepower as long as we get it in there enough.

I feel we need some more seniority down there in the backline if one of Gov or TB were forced out. Hard to know how much longer both of their careers will last too.

Even if Trew gets a game can't see him taking Ginbey's midfield minutes away, he's more likely to be stuck on a wing than Ginbey coming in as the new player.
Trew or Culley would be taking over Sheed's spot.

I don’t think so tbh. Simmo has made passing comments about liking what Ginbey provides on the outisde on more than one occasion.

Ginbey spent alot of time learning wing in the pre season.

Is it a possibility to have Allen come in as a KPD? Waterman is relishing the role of key forward and with Cripps, Ryan, Darling, 2 x Williams etc around him I feel we do have enough firepower as long as we get it in there enough.

I feel we need some more seniority down there in the backline if one of Gov or TB were forced out. Hard to know how much longer both of their careers will last too.

Someone said they saw TB in tears on the bench and just guessed it was because of his back.

Didn’t see anything off about him, personally.

Regardless, I'm not too bothered whether Trew gets a game or not, but I don't think him coming will be the catalyst for Ginbey being played on the wing instead of the midfield.
We have other options on the wing apart from him.

Rotham is not a natural defender. He has all the traits to play on the wing. Give him one last roll of the dice there.

So sick of seeing Sheed running to man the mark after a free kick and telling the bloke who's already there to head down field and chase his (Sheed's) man.

Be interesting to see which Williams goes out when Flynn is ready. Bailey should get first shot at it all being fair but I think Jack is better value as the backup ruck/forward and will get better.

Bailey will get a rest because he will need one.

Flynn wont be ready match fitness wise untill post bye IMO. Maybe the game pre bye v North.

We were way too tall.......once again.

Out: Witherden (Inj), Sheed, Maric, Dewar (need a better run in WAFL after 2 short games as sub)

In: Burgiel, Trew, Culley with Hall as sub.

JJ and Ryan on notice.

Missing Brockman's and Long's harrassment and pace at half forward.

Petro a chance but unsure how that ankle is going.

This is exactly the problem with JJ over a long period of time. Should have kicked the goal, should have hit the target, should have picked the better option… With his pace and dare he could have made it at AFL level but his disposal is appalling and has shown this over multiple years. Now isn’t the time to be seeing if we should give JJ another year, would much rather give Dewar a full game and bring Culley or even Rawlinson on as the sub. Players that all may be retained next year.
His options are fine, just the execution is bad. Had every right to take the shots wheeling around on his left and all his kick selection looked fine, missed a target in the corridor from memory but was lucky it wasn't a direct turnover.

If they want to play a pressure game he stays until Petruccelle is back. I didn't say long term either I just mean for another week. Get rid of a tall and see if they can increase the pressure rating across the ground.

Dewar could get a full game forward if JJ plays back, or he could take Sheed's role (whatever that is).

You could even drop Maric from the starting 22 for Dewar to increase the pace of the team and have Maric as the sub for a week to experiment with the right team balance.

Last week with ~130 marks the talls looked fine, this week we couldn't move the ball and with ~ 80 marks the talls looked crap.

Do they want to play chaos pressure footy or do they want to kick/mark? I don't know what they're trying to accomplish so it's hard to predict theoretical selection of players when you're not sure how they want the team to look and play.

I wouldn't drop Maric, he's young, he's gonna have bad games but he can learn from them. It's the mid tier guys like Sheed, Rotham and JJ who should know better that should be under the pump. I'd be tempted to drop Rotham and play Maric in his role, definitely feel it's time to bring in Culley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out; Witho (Injured), Sheed and Dewar (Needs a full game)

In: Petch (If good to go, otherwise Dewar holds), Culley and Burgiel or Hall as sub.

JJ to go down back and Petch to come into Fwd mix. Culley to take Sheed's spot as a HF/Mid and Burgiel or Hall to have a run as sub.

Roth has been good since coming back, but was down a little last week and was poor yesterday. Holds his spot with the witho injury, as we don't want to much disruption with the back 7, who have been very good until yesterday.

Might have been me saying he looked distraught on the bench in the game day thread.

If that's what you were thinking of, I just meant he looked a bit emotional when talking to Simmo, as if he was thinking of his mate who passed away.

I would strongly protest anybody suggesting Ginbey gets left marooned on a wing while Trew who is on the delist pile gets inside mid time ahead of him. Id rather let Trew rot and be delisted in the WAFL than have Ginbey stuck on a wing, and its not even close.

Gotta leave Yeo/Kelly/Reid/Ginbey as the main 4, maybe add a 5th CBA mid, one of Trew/Culley but thats it. Ideally not Trew as he has no other position to go to when not on ball.

Other moves sound ok, doubt they move Maric back but id like to see them try it.

Burgiel for a full game surely too over one of Trew/Culley. He can play that wing so Ginbey doesnt have to be there all game
Trew is named on the bench not inside mid . In a wet weather slog I think we will need plenty of tough ball winners

Trew and culley both have bigger tanks than Bergiel that is why he should start sub .

Don't debut anyone (Hall, Burgs) as sub. I hate that. Sub them out if need be, but give them at least a chance to show something.
Its better to start Burgeil as sub than to not play him at all because he can't run out a full game of afl .

Simmo said the same thing about Harvey Johnston.

Out: Sheed, Rotham, Maric, JWilliams/Bwilliams
In: Flynn...not sure about the rest due to team balance & weather conditions.

just feel the forward line will be too tall on a wet day with waterman, darling, Jilliams & maric. Even ryan plays more as a tall than a small.

We should really be dropping maric to bring in dewar in the 22.
JJ's role up forward should just be to apply pressure.

trew's deserving of a recall, but it will end up being a greg clark situation where he'll not be playing in his natural position. He needs to be inside.

No idea about changes yet, I think there may be issues with a few players in the wash up over the next day or two.

But bear this is mind, the surface at Optus could be a mess by bouncedown Saturday. There's a soccer match AC Milan v Roma on Friday night and wet weather is forecast for all of this week including game day.

It looks like the type of game to go in with an extra small.

Yep. So Sheed out as I wrote.
Gaff had 34 on the weekend and deserves a run for mine.

34 possessions should be standard in the WAFL for a seasoned campaigner in gaff.

If he was getting 40+ and a few goals then sure he deserves to be recalled.

I Didnt watch the game, but were they effective posessions or just minimal metres gained, out the back posessions?

I don't buy into the 'You shouldn't debut someone as sub'.

What if it is their only chance of their career to be in the best 23 - and they are the 23rd player selected.

Would the player rather play one game as sub and have an opportunity to potentially come on and perform well and press for further selection or not get the opportunity to play a game at all.

I'm not a huge Gaff fan but I still like the idea of having some seniority around for the younger kids and rewarding good form.

Trew would be the other but he can't really play anything else but inside mid.
What these kids dont need is senior players who offer nothing physically, that just adds more pressure on them. HAvng Sheed there point fingers and making demands whilst doing **** all himself is certainly of no benefit.

Gov, Barrass, Duggan, Cole, Hunt, Kelly, Yeo, Darling, Waterman, Cripps- that is more than enough experience in the team. Enough already of 'we need experienced players to help out the kids". They are already there and if they aren't pulling their weight, there are still enough left to drop the underperforming ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back