Preview Round 12: Essendon Bombers vs The Gold Campaigners* - Thirsty People Stadium - Sunday 2nd June - 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midfield needs a change.

Cox, goldy, davey. Perkins?

Sheil, byran, Menzies. Hobbs?

Is perkins injured? looked slow and/or disinterested. So not sure on hobbs and perkins status.

If shiel is only midfield support we can bring in, controversial but I'd bring in roberts and get mcgrath/Martin some cbas.

We need a 2nd general/Accumulator organiser. Swans do it well with mills so maybe mcgrath. Must 100% be temp move though.

Don’t feel confident about this game at all. Particularly with the recent form of our midfield. What the hell is going on there?
Injuries and inexperience taking its toll. Seem a bit disorganised and we are getting in each others way.

Merret only midfield leader/organiser left. So think we need shiel or mcgrath in there asap.

A inexperienced mid group with goldy getting spanked in the ruck last two weeks hasn't helped.

I'd bring byran in.

If we are competetive against the sun's will be a good result. Huge result a win/draw. 3-4 goal loss I'll take, a thumping a poor result.

Suns are a pretty good team at home. Think it's okay to lose this as should beat them in Melbourne at back end of the year.

Although I have been suprised all year by our ability to win so maybe we can pull of a upset again.

Last edited:
Doubt Hobbs will be back in .
No to Shiel as sub needs to be someone who plays with more a manic style than Dylan .
Must be about time to give Bryan a go.
Would not mind if they left Caddy in and played Jones in the VFL for a week or two. Give Caddy a few games.

Doubt Hobbs will be back in .
No to Shiel as sub needs to be someone who plays with more a manic style than Dylan .
Must be about time to give Bryan a go.
Would not mind if they left Caddy in and played Jones in the VFL for a week or two. Give Caddy a few games.
Would you bring shiel in as our no. 2 accumulator mid? Or am I clutching at straws.

Who's our no.2 behind merret atm?

Hoping perkins isn't injured but he has had poor games before but for me even when poor always had purpose and explosiveness.

Looked disinterested and sluggish.

Would you bring shiel in as our no. 2 accumulator mid? Or am I clutching at straws.

Who's our no.2 behind merret atm?

Hoping perkins isn't injured but he has had poor games before but for me even when poor always had purpose and explosiveness.

Looked disinterested and sluggish.
Would not mind him getting a go in the Parish role. Archie can still get some midfield minutes and maybe play some wing and half forward.

Will probably die on this hill.

But Caldwell to HB (with mid rotation minutes) and Martin Wing feels like such a simple way to massively upgrade the list.

Plus even with injury worries we aren’t short of small mids.

Gold Coast have some superstars on their list. Mac Andrew is almost as good as Reid for WC. Watched him yesterday and he ripped Curnow a new one physically monstering him which is no mean feat.

Midfield is a worry. If we don't rest Goldy we need 2 rucks.

Missing Dursma, Parish big time. Can we carry Davey again?

I gon't expect to win the next 2 games now with our injuries, bye can't come quick enough.

Hopefully Port give Blues a hard game.

I don't see us making wholesale changes to a winning group. Perhaps rewarding form in the 2s (Nick Bryan) and injuries (Nik Cox) will be the only changes.

With that in mind, my changes would be;

OUTs; Nik Cox (injury), Nate Caddy (omitted), Todd Goldstein (managed/omitted)

INs; Ben Hobbs, Harry Jones, Nick Bryan

I don't see us making wholesale changes to a winning group. Perhaps rewarding form in the 2s (Nick Bryan) and injuries (Nik Cox) will be the only changes.

With that in mind, my changes would be;

OUTs; Nik Cox (injury), Nate Caddy (omitted), Todd Goldstein (managed/omitted)

INs; Ben Hobbs, Harry Jones, Nick Bryan
Hobbs pulled out with calf awareness. Would be a miracle if he comes up .

Will probably die on this hill.

But Caldwell to HB (with mid rotation minutes) and Martin Wing feels like such a simple way to massively upgrade the list.

Plus even with injury worries we aren’t short of small mids.

Umm - aren’t we?

We basically ran with 4 mids last night - Merrett, Perkins, Durham and Caldwell.

Stringer for his token cb attendances, and then tsatas a bit when he came on.

But we’re starting to bat a bit thin and feeling the affects of no parish, setterfield, Hobbs and even Duursma as just extra midfield runners. I don’t think we’re in a position to move out one of those from onball, at least not the next couple of weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goldy has to come out. A big reason why we have been beaten the last few weeks in clearances. Not a criticism as he was a big reason we were on top earlier in the year but clearly out of gas at the moment. Bryan clearly deserves a chance to show what he can do.

I hate giving kids just one game but we do need to prioritise performance and caddy didn’t do enough to say he is a better option that jones.

Our midfield is a worry against a very strong contested side this week but there aren’t any reinforcements to come back in. Setterfield and Hobbs should be available against Carlton so just got to back our current mids in this week.

In: Bryan, jones, tsatas (Shiel as sub)
Out: goldy, caddy, cox

Surely Roberts is close then or go back to the well with Dylan Shiel then?
Play Shiel.
Roberts from what I hear has been working on some defensive parts of his game.

Umm - aren’t we?

We basically ran with 4 mids last night - Merrett, Perkins, Durham and Caldwell.

Stringer for his token cb attendances, and then tsatas a bit when he came on.

But we’re starting to bat a bit thin and feeling the affects of no parish, setterfield, Hobbs and even Duursma as just extra midfield runners. I don’t think we’re in a position to move out one of those from onball, at least not the next couple of weeks.

Tsatas was picked as a mid and we Still have Dylan Sheil playing VFL

Clearly Scott prefers one of Heppell/Hind on the wing vs Sheil inside and trust with Tsatas is low.

But in practice we are still not too bad there. Obviously things change when Parish, Setters, Hobbs return.

Usually I’m against Dylan Shiel playing, and especially with the fact he didn’t play this weekend and only one quarter last weekend. However, I feel like we need him next week against GC. Perkins is looking tired in the middle and Stringer is too and should spend longer forward. Jones’ running capacity is a crucial element to our team. Martin needs to lift.

In - Shiel, Jones, Bryan
Out - Cox, Davey, Goldstein

Ridley McKay McGrath
Martin Laverde Redman
Tsatas Merrett Hind
Jones Wright Gresham
Guelfi Langford Stringer
Bryan Durham Caldwell
Kelly Heppell Shiel Perkins Caddy

Preview is up. Don't forget to show my insecure arse some love.
Family Guy Love GIF

Contested marking fwd/wings is still a big issue.

2MP was good last week but struggled to mark anything last night. Conditions not the best but a few marks would help heaps.

Missed Jones as he has been marking really well this year.

Bryan must come in, Goldstein rested. He's been slaughtered the last 2 weeks. Wright can ruck relieve with Bryan and Jones can come back to the forwardline.

Caldwell needs to have a full game in the midfield with Durham and Merrett.

Sam Collins is a hard nosed defender who I believe will match up well against Wright. Mac Andrew needs to be contained, he was outstanding yesterday. Feel like they don’t have a great matchup for Stringer when the ball hits the deck inside 50.
Merrett v Touk head to head
Durham v Anderson
Caldwell v Rowell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back