Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
View attachment 1998303

homer simpson GIF

Very lucky to survive another horrible start. We looked lethargic (Darwin tax).

Last 10 min of 2nd quarter we started to turn around.

Witts starting to grind TKD. Mac insane.

Defence great.

We got a shot. Common midfielders. Adjust, you can do it.
Wrong thread for sure

Graham must come back in for some guts and youth in the mids and all around the ground. Can play anywhere. Holman, Berry, Long etc are clones. Only need one of them with Rosas once fit.
I would argue our youth was poor today outside of Clohesy. Walter had 1 touch and looked under done and Rogers had no impact off the bench.

Maybe time for Walter to play some VFL and get some goals under his belt.

Rosas and Flanders will be big inclusions.

Weirdly expecting a win here. Home form is great and I really don't rate Essendon.
Rosas should be a test so would be massive to get him back.
Keen from Holman and Rogers to get the drop for Rosas and Farrar.
If we're rewarding form, day for Walter (never thought I'd ever say those words).
Really need Walter to dominate a 2s team to get confidence then it'll resonate in the 1s.
Think there definitely needs to be a Davies/Graham role and flanders will be a big in.

Walter did nothing wrong.
Our midfield were non existent in the first half.
We had 4 goals to our name before he got subbed.

Walter looked like he was on track to kick 10 goals against the cats after his almost game against the Roos.
He was unstoppable.
Only for him to be rested for the game.

Then to come back to a useless midfield and **** all F50 entries

Anyone who wants to complain about the shipping of games to Darwin -

This is your opportunity to show the heck up.

Pretty simple
Sad about the loss today but to demolish geelong is as good as it gets.
Let's hope the away from starts against st kilda and carries on to freo when powellys back (for us wa based supporters)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who wants to complain about the shipping of games to Darwin -

This is your opportunity to show the heck up.

Pretty simple

I’ve been to every home game since 2018. I’ve also considered going to Darwin every year - it’s too bloody expensive!

I’ll keep my complain about Darwin card, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Essendon is second on the ladder but hardly impressive recently. That was ordinary effort yesterday against Tigers.

Surely, they are ripe for picking if we bring the effort, intensity at home.

Max one game in Darwin :)

Essendon looked ordinary last night against a midfield without Hopper/Taranto. We are a massive chance to win on our home patch. You would think the midfield will be hurting after that game against Carlton
What annoys me already is that Essendon will have essentially a home crowd of 60-70%. It's a pain to be in the crowd and listen to booing Suns players.

Last edited:
A win here with so many top 8 sides playing each other could see us sneak back in, a loss will put us 2 games out and make it extremely hard for ourselves. Must win game at home. Durram will come for Rowell, we need a plan b if he is beat.

Think we need a core group of 5-6 midfielders to finish off the year

Witts/Moyle

Anderson Rowell Miller

Humphrey Davies Graham

All kind of the same player

We need a burst player like Rosas in the mix

We'll see how this game goes, we'll obviously have the big home game buff. Not the first one to say that Essendon aren't a top 2 side but they're still pretty decent. Midfield has been huge for them this year, Merrett is always excellent, Durham has been in crazy form, and Parish has been way better than usual (although I think he's injured). Need to find some way to neutralize that, but not sure how. Xavier Duursma is a huge out as a defensive winger, which should give Clohesy space. Essendon's defense has been pretty sub-par this year, but they've been able to cover it so far. Our forwards need to be great this week, hopefully Malcolm Rosas is fit to play. Essendon's forward line has been very efficient and always over-perform expected score, so we need that extra pressure when they kick at goal to turn those snap goals into behinds. Not worried about the Collins vs Wright matchup, but stopping Langford is key.

At this point my tip is Essendon by 8

Think we need a core group of 5-6 midfielders to finish off the year

Witts/Moyle

Anderson Rowell Miller

Humphrey Davies Graham

All kind of the same player

We need a burst player like Rosas in the mix
Weller Powell and Flanders make about 6 goals diffence to that side. Very slow off HB which is where attacks are launched under Hardwicks gamestyle. Tigers has Grigg Houli etc

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back