Autopsy Round 13 vs Demons - What did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

How many players actually perform to the worth they are expected to? We also had to contend with WCE's offer. Even without that I think yes, he's worth about that much in my books considering the cap is going to expand. I mean who else could we have gotten that wanted to come to Sydney last year at that price?
Exactly......at least we didn't sign Tom Boyd;)

Dean Towers did well. By my estimates he has about 10 best on grounds to go before he makes up for the Tigers loss.

He did play well today.

Allir was really composed. I really liked how despite dropping that initial easy mark, he retained his composure. I hope he gets another game after the bye.

2 wins out of the next 3 games and we are well on the way to top 2.

Besides jettas form atm imo there no way Sinclair is a better player than jetta
We pretty much built a flag around jetta and he was the slingshot

Sinclair wouldnt be getting a game at the Eagles if he were still there

That's my opinion though , each to there own

of course by that then atm means the last 3 years?

Dean Towers did well. By my estimates he has about 10 best on grounds to go before he makes up for the Tigers loss.

He did play well today.

Allir was really composed. I really liked how despite dropping that initial easy mark, he retained his composure. I hope he gets another game after the bye.

2 wins out of the next 3 games and we are well on the way to top 2.

2 of next 3 or even all 3 and we could finish off the season in awesome shape prior to our loss v Richmond

Another expensive player playing in the NEAFL? no way he is going to be dropped Horse speaks highly of him in the pressers.

Right now it wont happen, Nankervis needs a better tank, but he throws his body in well, creates chances

Sinclair needs to bust in more like he did a few weeks back, on a consistent basis

They both have an extended run anyway

Jetta was okay, up and down, then went invisible in the finals.

I wonder why people keep talking about him and Sinclair? Completely different players filling very different roles.

I don't give a s**t about Jetta, apart from reading their supporters whinging about him. That makes me happy :)

Last edited:
Lol the interview with Zak Jones on the Swans' site is pretty funny. Kid loves this club and wears his heart on his sleeve.

I know he's a bit of a hypochondriac but I noticed Hanners favouring his ribs at stages throughout the game. Hopefully nothing the bye won't fix.

Sinclair and Nankervis were fine in the conditions, I thought. Basically anything is better than Pyke's lack of output last year and if having world beating rucks mattered as much as people seem to think then Norf, WC and Melbourne wouldn't be s**t.

I could be a bit of a dick and bump certain threads but I'll just leave it at this: Macca, I never doubted ya. BOG for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid performance in trying conditions, glad we kicked straight in the last as reward for effort. No injuries is a win, well deserved bye week off for the boys.

Learned that Melbourne are average, haven't seen much of them this year but had higher expectations. Jesse Hogan can't kick for s**t, has the worst run up ever.

Our bottom six have shown good signs, AA was super impressive and composed, Towers almost BOG :p

Watching the game today you did get a good understanding about the reasons for sliding rule...Mills at one point was very lucky not have a significant leg injury from a sliding defender.

Lloyd took one off him makes it harder
Lloyd did do the right thing though, it was always on to run onto the ball play on and kick the goal.

Don't want to start seeing the boys removing their instinct to try and help individuals achieve personal glory.

If Buddy did give him a spray I hope he gave him an apology at the end of the game too.

Despite previous seasons we keep winning in the wet- definite positive.

One thing that is noticeable that even in these conditions, def sees back themselves to take the mark? If it works it Looks gusty but it looks fairly ridiculous when they do not hold it.

That said, mills backed himself multiple times and he just looked classy, even if it didn't pay off

Deliberate out of bounds rule is still a lottery.
There was the ridiculous one against Kennedy and then comically the exact same incident at I am pretty sure the exact same spot on the ground and identical kick from the Dee's which was a throw in.

All I ask for is consistency, nothing more.

Lloyd did do the right thing though, it was always on to run onto the ball play on and kick the goal.

Don't want to start seeing the boys removing their instinct to try and help individuals achieve personal glory.

If Buddy did give him a spray I hope he gave him an apology at the end of the game too.

I agree 100%

Buddy didnt spray him as far as i know

There was the ridiculous one against Kennedy and then comically the exact same incident at I am pretty sure the exact same spot on the ground and identical kick from the Dee's which was a throw in.

All I ask for is consistency, nothing more.
That's a lot to ask for from the umpires.

That been said they were alright today bar the OOB inconsistencies, IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Back