Autopsy Round 13 vs Demons - What did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy wouldn't care, and would've done exactly the same had he been in Jake's shoes, as would've any other player. It's a team sport. Do best by the team, first and foremost.

Agree fully thought it was just a funny incident

I know that product placement is important but how likely is it that horse will drink 4 bottles of Gatorade during a presser?

Must be warm as piss too sitting there under the lights

How many bottles get wasted for appearances i wonder

Agree fully thought it was just a funny incident
Yeah, although if you turn the sound (and hence the annoying dicks in the commentary box) off, the pictures themselves are simple. Buddy gets a free, the ball is well forward, Jake picks it up, plays on and kicks an easy goal. Buddy smiles, high fives, back for a centre bounce, etc. Imagine if there was 3 points in it with two minutes to play?

Commentators make more of these things than really exist, IMO.

I know that product placement is important but how likely is it that horse will drink 4 bottles of Gatorade during a presser?

That's actually the tears from the posters on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I learnt that
Towers is of AFL standard, just needs to believe in himself, hopefully this is the breakout game
Rose has a place in our best 22, is very busy and makes things happen which opposition defenders don't like
Aliir looks to be on track, probably why he got a two year extension a while back
Mills is on his way to becoming a star, just all class even in shite conditions
Jones is getting there, loved his run and the exchange of stomach punches with big bro
Tippett will be missed on dry days against good opponents, Naismith needs to get a run soon

Depth is now starting to look ok, Foote BOG again in the ressies so probably a keeper and next to debut, O'Riordan looks to be a player, Newman continues to impress, looking good for the future

Harry who?

1. I genuinely have no idea what Towers is meant to be role-wise.

2. McVeigh is incredibly clean in the wet.

3. When we say Sydney aren't good in the wet what we mean is Sydney aren't good in a moderate amount of wet. A bit of moisture kills our handball happy game, wrecks our skills. However once there's enough rain to turn the whole thing into ridiculous slop where people can barely get a clear disposal let alone hit targets, enough rain that even putting it directly onto opponents chests isn't a terrible move because they usually drop it... at that point our sheer desire to grind and crash bodies and takes over.

I learned that Aliir Aliir, Dean Towers and Toby Nankervis all played statement games. They were impressive, but the statement's been made: They can play. Now it's about the consistency to back it up because it's looking likely that all three will be playing after the bye with Marsh and Tippett out, and Towers surely wouldn't be dropped after this game. If that's what they can do in the wet, can't wait to see how they perform in the dry.

Good thing is we were on top for pretty much the whole game without overly good games from Jack and Mitchell, and even Parker, Kennedy and Hanners kind of drifted in and out of the game. 86 points (with accuracy would have clocked over 100) in those conditions is very good, especially combined with the defensive stuff (155 tackles)

I learnt that
Towers is of AFL standard, just needs to believe in himself, hopefully this is the breakout game
Rose has a place in our best 22, is very busy and makes things happen which opposition defenders don't like
Aliir looks to be on track, probably why he got a two year extension a while back
Mills is on his way to becoming a star, just all class even in shite conditions
Jones is getting there, loved his run and the exchange of stomach punches with big bro
Tippett will be missed on dry days against good opponents, Naismith needs to get a run soon

Depth is now starting to look ok, Foote BOG again in the ressies so probably a keeper and next to debut, O'Riordan looks to be a player, Newman continues to impress, looking good for the future

Harry who?

About Foote, what's his form been like? I mean aside from the BOG in the reserves, has he been nearing the kind of form/nailing his role enough to push for the seniors at some point? So so competitive right now though, with the players to come back in (Teddy, Reid, Talia, Papley, Tippett) and guys we know have a feel for senior footy (B. Jack, Marsh, Aliir, Towers), plus impressive kids yet to debut like Leonardis, Dawson etc. Always wondered how Foote fits into the equation.

are we gonna talk about how often we take for granted seeing Parker and Hanners getting broken in half and then getting back up? I always think Hanners is being OTT but then I realize it's actually a hell of a lot braver to stay on the ground and pick yourself up for the next contest than someone like Ballantyne who comes off for about 33 massages per game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back