Round 14 Discussion & Venting

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw reports Tim kelly got knocked out and sat out Q4? Much in it?
I thought he hurt his shoulder or something but I was a fair few beverages deep by then and didn’t really care, he’s a premo and he’s in my team so he’s guaranteed to miss a week and if I hold him he’ll miss more

No idea how people seem to navigate through the byes so comfortably. I had 18 players in the first 2 weeks and then 19 this week.
Ranking has gone up but a lot of decisions need to be made such as Stewart, Hurn, Guthrie etc. I think Stewart has shown he isnt a keeper anymore. just an 80s man

No idea how people seem to navigate through the byes so comfortably. I had 18 players in the first 2 weeks and then 19 this week.
Ranking has gone up but a lot of decisions need to be made such as Stewart, Hurn, Guthrie etc. I think Stewart has shown he isnt a keeper anymore. just an 80s man
Stewart recovered really well after a quiet first quarter. He's definitely good enough for D5-6 until Whit returns. I'd rather have him than Hack Crisp for example. Also Stewart is better than Guthrie as well so Guthrie goes before him. Not sure what more you want from him considering other options like Sic are going even worse. Daniel is slightly better but not worth the upgrade imo, Whit is the only one worth waiting for.

My team went to **** by rnd 5 so I had nothing better to do but start bye planning back then.

Ie. Skipped yeo despite wanting him because it would force mean the max I could field in R13 was 18 players (which i did not want).

Also grabbed guys like ziebell / curnow at their lows for their dpp and loaded up on R13 rooks etc. Ziebell win. Curnow fail.

Plus made sure i dumped any deadweight donuts off the bench asap such that i didnt own a player that was not selected (until gardiner this week).

Going into r12 i had 2x Dpp defs and 2x dpp fwds in my midfield giving me loads of flexibility.

Has certainly helped claw back but im coming from a long way back.

Having to sideways rocky the only speedbump.

as we are nearing completion of teams, all of a sudden there is a lot of value popping up. Swans defenders (Rampe, Dawson, Jones) and now I see Lycett was less than 500k before this round...he could be serviceable if he is number 1 ruck for a while. Throw in Hanners too. Annoying that it took this long into the season for some value to pop up.

1268/14 (C)

Terrible round. Only 4 tons so far (Lloyd(C), Gawn, Danger and Boak).

Grundy, Macrae, Treloar and Grundy today. Hopefully they can save my round and take me over 1700.

Started the byes around 400th, will be lucky to be in the Top 1500 I reckon after this week. Planned my team quite well around the byes I thought, then all this selection rubbish happened and I got drilled.

I've got Lloyd, Laird, Crisp
Guthrie, Byrne-Jones, Hore
(Logue , Naish)

Really need Whitfield back in (for the third time)
Outside the top 3-4, there really isn't much happening in defence this year. All capable of 50-80's
I'll upgrade Hore this week so no rookies but a few of the 50-80 types will need to go.

1268/14 (C)

Terrible round. Only 4 tons so far (Lloyd(C), Gawn, Danger and Boak).

Grundy, Macrae, Treloar and Grundy today. Hopefully they can save my round and take me over 1700.

Started the byes around 400th, will be lucky to be in the Top 1500 I reckon after this week. Planned my team quite well around the byes I thought, then all this selection rubbish happened and I got drilled.
You're lucky to have 2 x Grundy playing;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else eagerly looking forward to bringing all their premos back on field when lockout lifts tonight??
Yep, can't wait.
I posted the other week that I do it every bye round also (for players on a bye too) Gets the gang back together.

Anyone else eagerly looking forward to bringing all their premos back on field when lockout lifts tonight??
Wont make much difference to my potato farm.....had 5 'premos' on the bench that probably would have been outscored by the rookies I fielded this week,

3 rooks scored 215

3 'premos' scored 187

as we are nearing completion of teams, all of a sudden there is a lot of value popping up. Swans defenders (Rampe, Dawson, Jones) and now I see Lycett was less than 500k before this round...he could be serviceable if he is number 1 ruck for a while. Throw in Hanners too. Annoying that it took this long into the season for some value to pop up.

Ryan Burton down back as well.

I wouldn’t of thought Rampe was good value after seeing your posts in here while he was playing haha ;)

How did Hannebery look yesterday?

Did he pass the eye test?

Seriously considering wrecking my team and making some cash by trading Worpel to Hanners (Boak to fwd line).

Poor planning on your behalf I’d say! I only started planning perhaps 3 weeks prior and had 21 (2,052), 21 (2,025) and 19 this week.

Worpel > Hannebery = 200k
RO'B > Lyjett = 100k

Handy cash injection this time of year.

Lyjett is an interesting one, especially with Hoff and Ryder out of the way, has 6 out of the last 9 games at home, plus his matchups are quite good.
Hanners (if he stays on the park) should average more than Worpel and that cash allows me to upgrade spudshaw to Jelly.....hmmm:think::think:

Last edited:
I wouldn’t of thought Rampe was good value after seeing your posts in here while he was playing haha ;)
Rampe only good value due to his low BE. If BE wasn't in consideration then I wouldn't have bothered with him. Dawson and Jones were better value when considering price alone, but Rampe had a much lower BE. I'm just hoping I can ride Rampe up to Whit when he returns. But by the looks of it I have bigger issues with Guthrie and Crisp when he inevitably spuds up today.

First week after the byes and my on field defence will look like:
Lloyd-Houli-Crisp-Guthrie-Rampe-Logue

That takes me back to the start of the year! It's the type of defence you start the year with lol, talk about not making progress.

My team went to **** by rnd 5 so I had nothing better to do but start bye planning back then.

Ie. Skipped yeo despite wanting him because it would force mean the max I could field in R13 was 18 players (which i did not want).

Also grabbed guys like ziebell / curnow at their lows for their dpp and loaded up on R13 rooks etc. Ziebell win. Curnow fail.

Plus made sure i dumped any deadweight donuts off the bench asap such that i didnt own a player that was not selected (until gardiner this week).

Going into r12 i had 2x Dpp defs and 2x dpp fwds in my midfield giving me loads of flexibility.

Has certainly helped claw back but im coming from a long way back.

Having to sideways rocky the only speedbump.
"Plus made sure i dumped any deadweight donuts off the bench asap"

Very important. Gives you that one or two extra.

Blokes like Hayes and Bolton had to go when dropped. Only blue was Dylan Moore who had been dropped for two weeks so I traded him out only for crazy Clarko to bring him back in after their bye. That really pissed me off.

One game on a Sunday at 1.20pm sucks volley balls.

"Plus made sure i dumped any deadweight donuts off the bench asap"

Very important. Gives you that one or two extra.

Blokes like Hayes and Bolton had to go when dropped. Only blue was Dylan Moore who had been dropped for two weeks so I traded him out only for crazy Clarko to bring him back in after their bye. That really pissed me off.

The hardest thing in life is to waste the weeks trades on shuffling rookies around. No one wants to do it but it's the only way to stay relevant!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back