Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

When both parties finally realise…

L1jvuFZ.gif

Everyone just hold your horses. This is the best time of year for us.
Time to catch up with friends.
Time to pick up that hobby
Time to find a new restaurant
Time to go back to local footy.
Time for anything else.
I've been doing that since 2010. I now have enough friends, have too many hobbies, learnt that I can cook better than any Irish restaurant (see hobbies) play Gaelic a little (see hobbies filed under humourous) and have worked my way through the Karma Sutra with the Mrs. (Result being hip arthritis and twisted nuts...see medical file: "Reason for injury": hobbies)

Burning my membership pack tonight. What I just witnessed was a concerted game plan to lose. From bombing it long 100% of the time to seeing Sharman/Long in ruck contests...our coaches must have cleaned up tonight betting the swans.
Destroy your membership pack responsibly. Put it in the microwave.

You know I love footy, watched a great game Tigers v Geelong at the G.

Sad thing is I am not even sad or emotional about that loss. Feel nothing, don't really care.
Season gone, the coach retained, all good.

Rinse, repeat, lose.

So desperately predictable. Oh well, night all.

Sinclair, Battle, Wilkie, Steele, Ross, Windhager, King, Owens, Sharman, Byrnes keep. Billings, Jones, Howard delist. Others Sandringham unless they play blinders.

Every year it's the same bait and switch bullshit.

Every year they tease us with a bit of hope and a bit of play and then burn us.

Dynasties have risen and fallen in the same time that we've been meandering around 11th spot.

I'm so ******* tired of this shitful football club and it's grip on me every week where I hope that we've finally changed and I can experience my teenage years of watching players like Nick Dal Santo spear a kick to Lenny who finds Roo on the lead but instead it's watching Luke Delaney or Seb Ross or Zak Jones just flail about like a bunch of s**t campaigners week after week.

I don't care if we've moved back to Moorabbin and I don't even care if we lose but the lack of pride in the jumper that these lazy pieces of s**t show week after week just proves to me this cobbled together squad of mercenaries will NEVER win a Premiership for us and we need to accept that, move on the showponies and stat padders and try to build a team around the minimal decent players we have before it's too late.

Delist/Trade/Retire:
Jones
Hanners
Clark
Crouch
Geary
Billings.
Billings!
BILLINGS
Butler
Long
Bytel
Kent
Webster
Allison

Did I say Billings?
I hear ya well written 😡

Putting aside our poor performance I am getting sick and tired of the umpires seemingly adjudicating our guys on a different level to other teams.

We get held without the ball. Play on. Held in marking contests. Play on. A player ducks into a tackle. That's a high free. Blocking our forwards in a marking contest. That's ok. Touch their forwards in a marking contest. You can't do that. Tackle someone to the ground. That's dangerous. Fend of the tackler and don't get rid of it. No prior. Chop the arms of our forwards trying to mark it. That's a good spoil.

So sick of it.

Structure and game plan is off compared to the start of this year.

There is no speed in our play, the team is somehow too small and too tall at the same time.
No Saints without DMac and Hayes.
Im not even kidding.
what an indictment on all the other players….

first year players aside.

Well that was disappointing.

Sydney look a really well drilled and skilled football team, they know what the plan is.
What I saw tonight was a Saints team that tried hard in the contests and were as good as Sydney at competing for the ball.
It was just woeful what we did going forward....woeful.

We are just so predictable....ponderous and lack confidence at the moment...it just got worse as the game went on.

I would try King in the ruck for 5 min in a game each quarter...play him as a true CHF like Melbourne do with Jackson.

There was no run and that shows how much we miss McKenzie and Wood...

Do like Windhagger. But that's it.

Is Ratts the problem? Not sure.

Back 6 look pretty good is that Boris' influence? Can only say yes.

Our forwards set up just looks awful and a lack of run through the midfield. Good coaching to tag Sincs. Stopped that linking run.

No positive except for Marshall who Ibrhought looked lame late last week.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ratten seems like public enemy number one on here right now but look at the list he inherited. We have made finals, we were strong in the back half last year and the front half this year. We have shown this year we can match it with the best teams. The list isn't as good as you wish it was yet here we are contending for finals.

As putrid as the team is playing right now, our ability didn't just disappear. The team structure is a disgrace. If you want to give Ratten a bake for that and carrying players on past reputation, that would be deserved but overall he's done well.

This is a 10 year rebuild with heaps of ring ins. This isn’t Richo’s list. Ratts has to own his s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Saints without DMac and Hayes.
Im not even kidding.
what an indictment on all the other players….

first year players aside.

They would both struggle to get a game in most sides outside North.

Burning my membership pack tonight. What I just witnessed was a concerted game plan to lose. From bombing it long 100% of the time to seeing Sharman/Long in ruck contests...our coaches must have cleaned up tonight betting the swans.
Genius move given everything is digital anyway

I've said it before and I will say it again, we need to bring GT back, he had our forward line humming and it wasn't just the system he brought.

He brought confidence, Ratten looks like a beaten man with no confidence and it is reflected in the way we play, we lack confidence.

Look at how well Carlton are playing now, Voss has brought confidence to the Carlton team and now they are playing like a Top 4 team.

Every week sides put numbers behind the ball in front of max king our midfield is lazy and have the worst disposal % in the comp going inside 50 the only way we score is slingshot footy it worked 2 years ago but every coach has worked us out we only play one way it’s actually hard to watch

Every year it's the same bait and switch bullshit.

Every year they tease us with a bit of hope and a bit of play and then burn us.

Dynasties have risen and fallen in the same time that we've been meandering around 11th spot.

I'm so ******* tired of this shitful football club and it's grip on me every week where I hope that we've finally changed and I can experience my teenage years of watching players like Nick Dal Santo spear a kick to Lenny who finds Roo on the lead but instead it's watching Luke Delaney or Seb Ross or Zak Jones just flail about like a bunch of s**t campaigners week after week.

I don't care if we've moved back to Moorabbin and I don't even care if we lose but the lack of pride in the jumper that these lazy pieces of s**t show week after week just proves to me this cobbled together squad of mercenaries will NEVER win a Premiership for us and we need to accept that, move on the showponies and stat padders and try to build a team around the minimal decent players we have before it's too late.

Delist/Trade/Retire:
Jones
Hanners
Clark
Crouch
Geary
Billings.
Billings!
BILLINGS
Butler
Long
Bytel
Kent
Webster
Allison

Did I say Billings?

If Freo and Suns come good we are really the worst performed side in the last decade. Dogs, Pies, have rebuilt and played in premier ships or GFs then rebuilt in the time it took us to rebuild once and we still look s**t.

I honestly wouldn’t re sign Ratts now, he’s exposed.
If not Clarko well then yes it is time to give Harves a crack or even Lenny.

Next week Cambo to come in along with Anyone else who’s fit.
Drop King Crouch Doogs Paton Gresh Billings Jones and any other ******* who doesn’t want to have a serious crack. We’re in *en crisis.

Sinclair, Battle, Wilkie, Steele, Ross, Windhager, King, Owens, Sharman, Byrnes keep. Billings, Jones, Howard delist. Others Sandringham unless they play blinders.
There’s a good player in Jones somewhere, but he needs to be in a competent team, when half of the team can’t hit a target/handball with our “genius game plan”, jones won’t make a difference..

I actually think we were making some progress early in the year, Crouch and Steele are good enough mids to win some ball inside and feed it out to the outside cleanly. but we need more than these 2.. we need a coach who can instruct midfield players to run to the right spots, to help each other.. to use run and link up to move the ball from one end to another efficiently.. not just to long bomb down the line because it’s safe.

You look at Hawthorn, they were crap last year.. after new coach this year, they improved out of sight!! have an identity/distinct game style and is exciting to watch..

Compare to us, pressure, effort, like others said, we make the game so much harder than it needs to be… just fixed the midfield, and have a proper coach to teach some modern tactics, that’ll be a start!!

Billings is legit the 5'10 version of Jack Watts.
Jones is everything wrong with our 'senior' mids.
Clark & Byrnes both look miles off.

* we miss Coffield so, so much.

Howard is not a fullback. Need to tweak the structure of the back 6, regardless of our "points conceded" ranking.

Paton - Joyce - Howard
Wilkie - Battle - Webster/Long

Whole front half should be blown up and built from scratch. Might as well experiment in the back half of the year. Get King up the ground and into the play. Hill to the HFF again please.

Hill - King - Gresham
Higgins
- Sharman - Ryder

Play RoMa as the #1 ruck. Ryder to pinch hit. Membrey to the wing role for a month, just to see if he's any better than Wood.

Marshall - Steele - Crouch
Ross - Sinclair - Membrey

Bench needs to be mids, mids and mids. Ball movement needs to be our focuses for the next 9 months because our transition is disgusting.

NWM - Windhager - Owens - DMac

Remove this Banner Ad

Back