Review Round 16, 2019 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That is a season defining win.
Lions are basically guaranteed a finals berth now.
The only question left (pre-finals) is can we keep our top four spot?
Damn hell we can - have you seen our draw.? We are a genuine premiership chance now.
Dogs did it, Tiges did it. We are in in this up to our elbows.

Lid off...
Lions are the dark horse..
I enjoy watching the Lions.
Man crush on Hodgey even though he plays for the Lions.
Go Lions.
I still can't believe he is playing for us.
Do you think that was his best game in years, it was top shelf , I think he is another X factor . for us, he lifts in the crunch times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrews, Linc, Rich, Clugga and Answerth
Lot's of others deserving.

This is the truly 4 quarter performance I've been waiting for. Pumped!

Harris Andrews - words cannot describe how good he is. He was immense. He must scare the life out of opposition coaches when they are trying to plan their forward line.

And Hipwood - a warrior for playing on after getting hurt.

Hodgey - such a man crush on him after that game! His value to our development is beyond words. Quite possibly the best pickup we could have done 👍

As good as it gets that win. The kind of win that transforms teams from quiet confidence to absolute inner belief that our absolute best is good enough to beat the top teams. Long way to go obviously but thats the standard set. Play to that level on a consistent basis and we will make a nuisance of ourselves come finals time.

Linc McCarthy was huge tonight. Getting him was superb recruiting. Everybody played there part tonight. McCluggage has got superstar written all over him.

Hoping Hippy isn't too serious.

What about Hodgey - no wonder we havant dropped him just runs the game down back. Got a million kicks tonight and positions himself so well. Another great piece of recruiting.

Go the mighty Lions.

West Coast play Collingwood next week so we could leap frog the Pies into 3rd.

Do we dare dream of a home qualifying final?
Yes. Look at our last 4 weeks.

I still can't believe he is playing for us.
Do you think that was his best game in years, it was top shelf , I think he is another X factor . for us, he lifts in the crunch times.
He is an extra coach on the field. Knows where to position himself between the ball and opposition.
Played a very good game tonight and maybe the X Factor come finals.
Just a awesome bloke. I still remember back in 2010 when he had just finished training Sam and Hodgey were walking back to the rooms I mention to Sam to have a photo with my daughter and me, he said Nah mate to busy but Hodgey took the time to have a photo and chat.

I'm so hard to please. My train of thought lately has been "should have beaten Dogs, Freo, and Carlton."

My rationality says "we could've been rolled by all three of North, Port and Adelaide, though... and gave Hawthorn a 5 goal start"

Maybe losing to the Blues was the loss we needed to have. Last 3 weeks have been fantastic. Let's all stay grounded and have faith that the boys can continue this rich vein of form.

Also, how did Marcus Adams go today? Was only able to watch the 1st term, and he seemed to do a few good things - assisted in the passage towards Linc's first, I think..

Back