Review Round 17, 2018 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Hawthorn?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

610422-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

That was most physical I’ve seen Rich play in a long time. I’ve been critical of his lack of physicality and indecision with going in hard at contests,but he was like a bull on Saturday

More competition for his spot combined with the overall improvement in the team has brought out the best in Rich. Remember he was touted as a number 1 pick back in 2008.

On the one hand we have had some of the most frustrating performances this year and on the other we have had some really significant wins which bode well for our rebuild. These wins at the infancy are so very very sweet. It has really been 5-9 years in the making. A string of consistent performances which are as close to 4 quarters of footy as you will get. Give me that over the miracle on grass any day.

On the one hand we have had some of the most frustrating performances this year and on the other we have had some really significant wins which bode well for our rebuild. These wins at the infancy are so very very sweet. It has really been 5-9 years in the making. A string of consistent performances which are as close to 4 quarters of footy as you will get. Give me that over the miracle on grass any day.

Yep, Miracle on Grass = lol, holy s**t we just committed daylight robbery.

The game vs Hawthorn was just some badass footballers taking care of business. :D

While our attacking game has been fantastic the last 3 weeks, the defensive side of our game has gone up a level as well and been equally as impressive IMO.

We are very hard to score against heavily with our great defensive structure combined with manic pressure and intensity.

While our attacking game has been fantastic the last 3 weeks, the defensive side of our game has gone up a level as well and been equally as impressive IMO.

We are very hard to score against heavily with our great defensive structure combined with manic pressure and intensity.
And it is a beautiful thing!

We kept that pressure for four quarters was so damn impressive
It will be interesting over the next 3 weeks v the Crows, Cats and Kangaroos to see if we can keep this intensity up. I'm expecting a blow out loss in there somewhere, very hard for the young guys to keep it going over an extended period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko on the Sunday Footy Show also mentioned that it was Berry - something from his Vic Country days.
Even though it was the first time we have seen it, it is something that the boys have done since the bye.

As easy as that. Simples. Wish we had of started this at the start of the season or a couple of years ago! All this time we thought improvement would come fromtraining, development, drafting, trading, experiance..... :)

As easy as that. Simples. Wish we had of started this at the start of the season or a couple of years ago! All this time we thought improvement would come fromtraining, development, drafting, trading, experiance..... :)
hahahahahaha....

It will be interesting over the next 3 weeks v the Crows, Cats and Kangaroos to see if we can keep this intensity up. I'm expecting a blow out loss in there somewhere, very hard for the young guys to keep it going over an extended period.

..this pride of Lion cubs are learning to hunt together. So, they had their biggest "kill" this weekend, they proved to themselves that killing Hawks is not so hard afterall...

They've heard there is a murder of crows on their way to Qld to do just that, so this pride of growing Lions will be there to meet them. Feathers will fly!

...after that, will be those little pussy cats, pfft, easy for these cubs!!:D

Last edited:
Stoked with the win.

There have been weeks where I haven't listed 5 "best" players, because we didn't have 5 AFL contributors. This week, I could've put down 15 quite happily.

My votes went to McCluggage, Hipwood, Berry, Rayner, and Rich (freaking awesome game by Rich).

I also considered worthy vote-getters as:
NRobbo, MRobbo, Gardiner, Walker, Witherden, Cutler, Beams, Martin.

Also, special mention for OMac - not quite at that level yet, but his last three weeks have been great - defensively he's huge, especially for a big lad -e I attributed him a couple of goal assists this week on his defensive pressure.

The Big O is amazing below his knees for a 200cm+ player...has the potential to be very special!

Yeah, I too wouldn’t be totally surprised if we suddenly put in a shocker.

Even seasoned teams usually manage one ot two horrible efforts every year.

Remember that pasting the “mighty” Saints gave Richmond last season?

Speaking of which,our only really bad result so far this year was that trouncing the Tigers gave us so maybe we are “due” for another big loss.

It will be interesting to see the melts that will invariably happen on this Board should such an event come to pass.

^ yep. ye's got a lot better in the one on one marking contests the last 6-8 weeks.

gets the body in at the right moment to knock the opposition of balance and then gets in a spoil. couldn't have asked for a better teacher in that aspect of the defensive craft than Hodge for Witho, Robertson, Gardiner and Cox and even older heads like Rich.

Back